Ares Games

Thread: Feeling Threatened

Default Feeling Threatened

Do not get me wrong, I love the Gotha G1 but I would not want to pilot one. I mean just look at this ...

If you did not get on with the gunners, well .......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gopher.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	203014

That is, without fear of contradiction, The Ugliest Airplane Ever Built.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    That is, without fear of contradiction, The Ugliest Airplane Ever Built.
    Mostly got to agree with you Chris but some of the French ones just pre WW2 come really close!

Next yoy Anglophiles will tell me the Fairey Barrucuda is just lovely I suppose hmmm ☺

You would be o.k., Gary. They knew that if they shot the pilot, they would die too. Also their positions were higher than the pilot's.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Also their positions were higher than the pilot's.
    Easier for "getting above their station" as mere gunners!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Next yoy Anglophiles will tell me the Fairey Barrucuda is just lovely I suppose hmmm ☺
    It's not a brilliant design, but it does not approach "JESUS TAPDANCING CHRIST, WHO THE HELL DESIGNED THAT THING" levels of Ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    I'm no Anglophile, but we've all seen worse than the Barracuda...I'd call it "utilitarian," much like how both the A-10 and F-117 are in their own ways finely tuned to Form Follows Function for their specific roles.

Loral Specter (unbuilt stealth fighter, some may remember it from the 1980s Monogram "F-19" model kit) they ain't, though...
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

It's not a brilliant design, but it does not approach "JESUS TAPDANCING CHRIST, WHO THE HELL DESIGNED THAT THING" levels of Ugly.
    Thanks for the laugh, French.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Easier for "getting above their station" as mere gunners!
    They were not all 'mere gunners'. The way the Germans arranged their crews, one of the observers would be the plane's commander and would probably outrank the pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    I'm no Anglophile, but we've all seen worse than the Barracuda...
    I'm just wondering why they didn't go all the way, and make it a high-wing, rather than the shoulder-wing design. (It isn't as tho' the track on the gear could be any worse....)

I'm just wondering why they didn't go all the way, and make it a high-wing, rather than the shoulder-wing design. (It isn't as tho' the track on the gear could be any worse....)
    How's the wing height above ground compare to an A-10? Hog's gear and wing height were selected specifically to make life as easy on the poor ordies as possible, so maybe it was something similar if the above-deck height was similar.

Similar Missions

1. Feeling a little blue....
    By Maverick in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-29-2015, 02:27
  2. HELP me if you can, i'm feeling down
    By andron234 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-20-2014, 02:18
  3. I Know The Feeling, Snoopy...
    By csadn in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 12