Ares Games

Thread: Keeping Portland Weird, One Coffin At A Time

Default Keeping Portland Weird, One Coffin At A Time

There's a local donut shot called "Voodoo Doughnut"; one of their Really Special Offers is the "Coffin Full Of Donuts" -- three 12-packs (their choice) in a 3'-long pine coffin.

One of The SO's relatives has been staying with us this past week; she expressed a desire to have the coffin, for a cat bed (she's a Goth, go fig). So I got her one.

Now you have to picture the scene of people -- some of whom are Not Locals -- seeing someone carrying a 3' coffin down the street.

*That's* not the funny part.

The funny part comes at the train station, where we are using a cart to move the coffin to the car where SO_Relative will be riding.

Because *that's* when the Mennonite family walks by....

Lot of this going on:

MISSION: ACCOMPLISHED. >;)
    Last edited by csadn; 07-23-2016 at 16:18.

reminds my of years ago when i purchased a 100lb practice bomb. i had to park several blocks away from the store to find a parking place so you can imagine the looks i received walking down the sidewalk with it over my shoulder returning to my car lol.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    There's a local donut shot called "Voodoo Doughnut"; one of their Really Special Offers is the "Coffin Full Of Donuts" -- three 12-packs (their choice) in a 3'-long pine coffin.

One of The SO's relatives has been staying with us this past week; she expressed a desire to have the coffin, for a cat bed (she's a Goth, go fig). So I got her one.

Now you have to picture the scene of people -- some of whom are Not Locals -- seeing someone carrying a 3' coffin down the street.

*That's* not the funny part.

The funny part comes at the train station, where we are using a cart to move the coffin to the car where SO_Relative will be riding.

Because *that's* when the Mennonite family walks by....

Lot of this going on:

MISSION: ACCOMPLISHED. >
    What would you expect from a City where they film the TV series "GRIMM"!

Great, now you've got my mother obsessing about wanting one... one, I don't see anything she can use it for and two, we ain't got space for it.

DAMN YOU, FRENCH! :P

EDIT: I suppose we could employ it in tandem with the prepaid spare grave to inter some iron a la Terminator 3...
    Last edited by Diamondback; 07-24-2016 at 04:18.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Great, now you've got my mother obsessing about wanting one... one, I don't see anything she can use it for and two, we ain't got space for it.

DAMN YOU, FRENCH! :P

EDIT: I suppose we could employ it in tandem with the prepaid spare grave to inter some iron a la Terminator 3...
    It's only $125 -- but one has to come down here to get one.... >;)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coffin1.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	203031

New storage box for shot-down planes?
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

My dream is to one day visit Portland and Seattle. Only a 12 hour + 2 hour flight away I keep telling myself. Buy an RV and drive up the Pacific Coast to Seattle from San Fran. Just beautiful.

Stop off in Astoria Oregon where they filmed my favourite movie as a kid. The Goonies!

Do they put black icing on the donuts and stick pins in them?

Quote Originally Posted by Canestri10 View Post
    My dream is to one day visit Portland and Seattle. Only a 12 hour + 2 hour flight away I keep telling myself. Buy an RV and drive up the Pacific Coast to Seattle from San Fran. Just beautiful.

Stop off in Astoria Oregon where they filmed my favourite movie as a kid. The Goonies!
    Be sure to let me know if this comes to pass.
    We could have a game with some of your planes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Be sure to let me know if this comes to pass.
    We could have a game with some of your planes.
    I definitely will! would be good to catch up with the old friends, just don't tell them they have all been replaced.

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Sounds like an interesting bit of breakfast there. How much were they again?

Similar Missions

1. WGF Keeping playing counters and chits organized
    By matt56 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 167
    Last Post: 03-16-2020, 09:09
  2. National: Keeping minis straight
    By AZTiger98 in forum US Wing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-03-2015, 23:06
  3. Weird Wacky Wings
    By spookiedfx in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2015, 03:40
  4. WGF Asymetric Gotha G.VI I thought I was weird . . .
    By clipper1801 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-30-2015, 12:58
  5. Weird plane question
    By Davot in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 20:57