Ares Games

Thread: You know you're a WGF addict when....

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Default You know you're a WGF addict when....

....the latest superhero movie trailer is released, and you just get all excited about the Eindekkers in it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lGoQhFb4NM
    Last edited by Dom S; 07-23-2016 at 13:41.

The planes a really cool. Have to see what the movie is about.

If you just get excited by the Eindekkers, then you also know you're getting old : )
    Myself, I loved the horses too!

OK guys the Eindekkers were brilliant.. as was the whole WW1 setting - BUT Gal Godot !!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously wow

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

BUT Gal Godot !!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously wow
    Yep

I really liked Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman in Batman vs Superman, I thought her characterisation was a stand out. Really looking forward to this movie, especially for the WW1 flavour.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    OK guys the Eindekkers were brilliant.. as was the whole WW1 setting - BUT Gal Godot !!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously wow
    I loved the look on her face when Wonder Woman is fighting Doomsday - "A REAL fight, I am going to enjoy this!"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wonder-woman-gal-gadot.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	202907

OK, kind of odd that WW is fighting in WW1; against Nazis I can see (pulp tradition and all), but in WW1 on the Western Front??
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Pity it's going to fail like everything else DC has done trying to emulate MCU....

i didnt know wonder woman was going to be set during ww1. interesting. i might have to see it just to see a big budget production involving ww1.

Thumbs up

Wow! That does look interesting.
    Will look out for reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    i didnt know wonder woman was going to be set during ww1. interesting. i might have to see it just to see a big budget production involving ww1.
    I wish Peter Jackson would make one; he's got all the planes and reenactors he needs.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

I'll be looking out for this one!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Well men we have until 2017 to figure out how to edit everything out but the Eindeckers.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Don't be daft. There's at least one biplane in that flight line too....

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I must admit that while my attention was primarily on Gal Gadot, I did NOT miss the tasty Eindeckers in the mix...

It should be interesting to see what they do with this movie - definitely one to catch when it comes out.

All the best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    I wish Peter Jackson would make one; he's got all the planes and reenactors he needs.
    Karl
    There is rumour floating around that he is planning a WW1 aviation film using his own collection. This was semi-confirmed when I popped into an old store called Just Plane Interesting that has old WW1 and WW2 era items from civilian and military life, upon noticing almost all the military stuff gone I asked the lady behind the desk she said Peter Jackson had cleaned them out gathering up props for a huge WW1 movie. Haven't heard anything official though.

He had a wonderful 12 minute short made to test a new filming technique (Red and Blue); it was on the internet for a few months, but got pulled. There's a 4 minute teaser floating around.
    The full length one can only be viewed at a NZ museum.

Karl

It can't get any worse...

Hellboy and Captain America made us loose WW II.

Wonder Woman buggered WW I.

At last Captain Kirk is a German fighter ace...
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Bad news I'm afraid, you've probably been infiltrated - his character's American, and did appear to be strafing the Jasta flight line....

Quote Originally Posted by Canestri10 View Post
    There is rumour floating around that he is planning a WW1 aviation film using his own collection. This was semi-confirmed when I popped into an old store called Just Plane Interesting that has old WW1 and WW2 era items from civilian and military life, upon noticing almost all the military stuff gone I asked the lady behind the desk she said Peter Jackson had cleaned them out gathering up props for a huge WW1 movie. Haven't heard anything official though.
    ooooooohhhhhhh waiting with baited breath!!!!

Similar Missions

1. Confession of a Shapeways addict
    By clipper1801 in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-11-2011, 13:59
  2. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 23:21