Ares Games

Thread: Personal Planes

Default Personal Planes

This kind of goes in hand with Anav's post, Pilot Names. Has anyone done a non-historical repaint of a plane to represent their personal plane in games? Give a description or even better, photos if you have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
    This kind of goes in hand with Anav's post, Pilot Names. Has anyone done a non-historical repaint of a plane to represent their personal plane in games? Give a description or even better, photos if you have them.
    I have a flight of three Camels that I head up as Kyte. It aint worth the bother to photograph them as I only painted our two of the rings around the tail and stuck registeration letters on the sides and wings.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

My personal Camel is Elwoods with two broad white bands over the top plane hearts - again not worth a piccy, sorry folks.

Mine is nothing spectacular, a Rickenbacker SPAD with the numbers, wheel markings, and top wing stripe removed, the cowling painted blue, and renumbered with the number 8.

Name
    Don
    Sorties Flown

Me too, nothing special at all, just a yellow rampant lion put on the upper wing of my Camel.
    My Se5a has a decal of a sword through a heart on both sides.
    My Albatros DVa has the entire tail painted black.

You can see my plane to the Left!

Fliegen Kinderscheißen is my pilots name.

I re-painted a Fokker DrI in blue-yellow-blue: he colors of my favorite soccer team (Boca Jrs).

Also painting a non-historical Hanroit DI with my avatar on the sides.

I'll try to take and post some pics later

Of course I fly my own plane - Jasta Boelke unknown Johann Koehler
    Attached Images     

I plan to do that. If you ask me, to heck with history! It's boring!

Name
    Don
    Sorties Flown

Careful Grasshopper, you know not what you say. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Aero825 View Post
    I plan to do that. If you ask me, to heck with history! It's boring!
    Now, now, history can be exicting if you learn about the people and not stress exact dates an dry statistics. People's lives are always interesting.

Below are my personal planes. Purple Haze and The Flying Purple People Eater.

Quote Originally Posted by LGKR View Post
    Now, now, history can be exicting if you learn about the people and not stress exact dates an dry statistics. People's lives are always interesting.

Now that does worry me Don. Not the planes which look smashing,but the names.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Now that does worry me Don. Not the planes which look smashing,but the names.
    Rob.
    Ok, how do they sound in German?

Purpurner Dunst und Das fliegend purpurner Leuteesser.

Ok, how do they sound in German?

Purpurner Dunst und Das fliegend purpurner Leuteesser.
    Not nearly as scary. Maybe I will be able to sleep tonight after all.
    Rob.

Name
    Don
    Sorties Flown

Yeah, well I nearly soiled myself as I saw Purple Haze behind me!

How did you make the personalized cards to go with your planes? That's fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Powell View Post
    How did you make the personalized cards to go with your planes? That's fantastic!
    Paintshop Pro 8 and Microsoft Publisher.

Have a look at the thread in the Hobby Room. "A trio of Neiuport 11s".
    Rob.

Not made a personal plane as yet but thinking about it now I have had practice doing some repaints. The examples here are inspiring.

"He is wise who watches"

Paintshop Pro 8 and Microsoft Publisher.
    Very cool.....but beyond my talents. Nice work!

I've done two. A green and white Fo0kker D-VII, then added some lozenge decal later. A yellow and blue Fokker Triplane. You will have to go to my Profile Page to see pictures.

Inspired by this thread I've started painting a Skytrex Eindekker and an FToys Albatros DIII in two-tone blue with eagle motifs for my German pilot Leutnant E. "Der Adler" Schneider - I am guessing Leutnant Schneider's first name is Eduard based on the average duration of his flights, in common with Eddie "the Eagle" Edwards (the 1980's British ski-jumper).

My painting skills are a bit limited, but I'll post pictures if I manage to do the models justice.

Similar Missions

1. Personal Insignia
    By =Binks= in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-25-2010, 23:58
  2. players personal cards
    By Leuchtturm in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 06:31