Ares Games

Thread: Flame and Smoke damage

Default Flame and Smoke damage

The rulebook says that a plane suffering from smoke damage, which receives a second smoke damage card before the first has finished its effects, must convert to flame damage and take three flame damage counters.

Also a plane suffering from flame damage, which receives a second flame damage card before the first has finished, must start again with a fresh set of three flame damage counters.

What happens if a plane suffering from flame damage receives a smoke damage card before the flame damage has finished? Since a plane with flame damage is also considered to be 'smoking', I suggest that the plane must start again with three flame damage counters.

What do others think, please?

I agree.

LOOP

Make sense.

"What happens if a plane suffering from flame damage receives a smoke damage card before the flame damage has finished? Since a plane with flame damage is also considered to be 'smoking', I suggest that the plane must start again with three flame damage counters."

id disagree. the aircraft, frankly, has enough problems. id just chalk it up to, that the fire hit something thats making it smoke more.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    ...What happens if a plane suffering from flame damage receives a smoke damage card before the flame damage has finished? ...
    Nothing. It is considered to be smoking due to the fire to deal with the 'no tailing' issue rather than something's smoking and could flare up into a fire.
    I'm sure that if the intent was to extend the fire on another smoke damage then it would say so in the rules.
    This smoking also stops on removal of the last fire token prior to the first manoeuvre of a turn unlike smoke damage which is removed at the end of a turn, so the behaviour is different.

"He is wise who watches"

The rules say nothing about this particular situation, Dave, which is why I raised it.

No they don't but I'm pretty sure it has been discussed before somewhere. PM Andrea, I'm sure he'd be happy to clear it up for us.

"He is wise who watches"

I have received a reply from Andrea about this question. This is what he wrote,"

Good day!

Sorry if it took so much time, but I have been a bit puzzled by your unexpected question... and family vacation then distracted me. Back to work, and to your message.

I'd apply the general rule: since they are different damages, take three smokes and track them. Let's say that it is another potential source of flames. If a second smoke will be received, it will restart the flame count at three.

This seems to sound good to me, but any other suggestion of a houserule is welcome.

All the best!

Andrea"

Sounds like a good solution.
    I just hope it never happens to me!

Similar Missions

1. Flame and Smoke special damage markers
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 01-30-2021, 22:42
  2. LED's--Flame, Smoke Markers--WIP
    By Nightmoss in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 85