Ares Games

Thread: DVa or DIII??

Question DVa or DIII??

The Albatros DIII gets tighter turns and is slower, but the DVa is fast and not as maneuverable. The DIII has 1 less HP. I say DIII, what do you guys say??

D.Va. You don't know how many times I've died by one point. My dad too. Though he does prefer the D.III. Heaven knows why.

Well, obviously D.Va for me!

But seriously...we've been finding in battles that speed is pretty darn critical, especially for bomber interception. If your plane isn't fast enough, it's all too easy to be outdistanced by the enemy and be unable to catch them.

Well, is the right comparison DII vs. DVa or DVa vs. Pfalz DIII? Then it is a trade-off of speed for health. And you know which I would choose!

Depends on the mission and opposition. DVa works well (for me) against fast one and two-seaters, DIII works better (for me) against Nieuports and Camels and is easier to use against balloons and ground targets. More often than not, I'd take the DIII over the DVa.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Good summary Iain - the faster the opposition, generally speaking, the more you want the D.V. Against slower more nimble types, the D.III may be a better pick, unless you're confident using the D.V as an "energy fighter" and flying it against slower aircraft in the same way as you would a SPAD XIII against the Albatroses....

Quote Originally Posted by Aero825 View Post
    D.Va. You don't know how many times I've died by one point. My dad too. Though he does prefer the D.III. Heaven knows why.
    The D.III was the second plane I got behind Goering's Fokker D.VII, so I got used to flying it and registered a good number of kills in it. I just like the simplicity of the plane. It's just fun to fly for me.

But I must admit, I do like the D.Va . . . just not as much as the D.III.

Scott

Similar Missions

1. Pfalz DIII vs DIIIa
    By Belis4rius in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-09-2010, 00:42