Ares Games

Thread: You cannot be serious?!?!

Default You cannot be serious?!?!

So i played a game against my dad (Muttley) during the week, and it appears once again that his German planes are almost bulletproof, this i accept by now as regular however this instance took the biscuit slightly. 20 shots into an Albatros D.V
    Name:  IMG_0073.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  203.5 KB

and for those of you that cannot be bothered to add up.........HE'S STILL ALIVE!!! naturally my French planes were shot to shreds in 3 or 4 cards with one picking up the boom card the first time it was hit....

Reinforcements needed!

Rob

Riffle shuffle is all I can say.

It's not that German planes are bullet proof, it's that French pilots are cr*p shots
    Zeroes are misses to me. I know it could also be a hit on a non vital bit, but it's more fun that way.

Six jams can't have helped your cause any either Rob. it will all change in time. Luck is fickle.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Gack! So, not only did he draw lots of zeros, your guns jammed up six times? How many shots were missed while you cleared the jams? How many planes were on the table, generating the hits?

Tough luck on your part, and awesome luck on his. Just like the recent WWII Mash-up we played, with the CR.42 lasting the whole game, colliding with other planes and taking close ranged shots from P-51s, Hurricanes, Bf-110s, and only going down in flames (due to fire damage).
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

i feel your pain ! ive had this sort of luck before lol. sadly thats how the randomness factor of the cards go sometimes. you have to admit this is kind of epic in some ways lol.

I remember a young kid at one of the recent shows - pulled SIXTEEN zero cards, never did manage to put him down...

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

I remember Chris (Boney10) survivng SIX consecutive collisions in a single game! (Two were with planes on his own side!)

The last one was a head-on with my last plane; he drew a 0 and survived - I drew a 10 and that was all, folks!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Someone needs to have a stern word with the armourers - those bullets were clearly sub-standard if they jammed that often

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    I remember a young kid at one of the recent shows - pulled SIXTEEN zero cards, never did manage to put him down...
    I think we have a photo of that one in one of the after show reports from last year Chris.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

It happens....or something like that ! Better luck next time out Rob.

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I think we have a photo of that one in one of the after show reports from last year Chris.
    Rob.
    I think you are right - although I am still too traumatised about the event to risk searching for it, lol

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Unhappy

The Zeros & Ones were bad enough but all those jams really rubbed it in!

We had a lad at the first Aerodrome Invitational at Origins (5 years ago!) had a similar run of luck.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Obviously, the ground crew forgot to remove the semi-circular practice barrels from the French machineguns.

ummm there were 3 French Nieuport 24's (B guns) vs 2 Albatros D.V (A gun) in the sortie which the French lost, yep the gunjams certainly didn't help my cause, i cant remember how many shots i would have lost to gun jams but i reckon it might be somewhere in the region of around 9 shots, thanks all here's hoping my luck changes fast, between fires and not being able to hit a broadside of a barn from the inside its getting a little tiresome

Rob

I ran a game at Cold Wars on 2015. A young man who was an excellent pilot flew a Nieuport 17. It took 20 cards before he went down, 5 jams against, and 4 zeros! He came to play again this past Cold Wars where I gave him that plane, now adorned with his initials.

I think a lot of the Aces had luck on their side too. I read the biography of Guynemer and how he survived as long as he did was a miracle. He always closed to almost point blank range without significant damage.

As I recall from the first Prague event, Sven's Camel only went down after some horrendous number of cards had been "shot" against it (36 springs to mind)

LOOP

You topped my record.
    I only downed my son after giving him 16 A-cards with my Camel.
    He was flying a Siemens-Schuckert DIII.
    Last edited by LOOP; 07-08-2016 at 03:58.

Cheers chaps yeah weve had high numbers of card a few times but this one was just a bit silly