Ares Games

Thread: Idaho Rookie reporting for duty.

Default Idaho Rookie reporting for duty.

You can blame my wife and my love of flying and WW1 aircraft. She bought me an assortment of planes, both Wings of War and Wings of Glory, and both WW1 and WW2.
    Now I have ordered a duel pack and waiting on Amazon to deliver.

Now to start the search for local people that enjoy this.

Patches

Welcome to the Aerodrome.

Although I'm a bit distant at the moment I have family in nearby Coeur d'Alene and will visit occasionally. Perhaps we'll be able to fly together when that chance presents itself.

In the meantime there are a few active members in Idaho but most appear to be in or near Boise...haven't checked the Spokane area.

Where is your local gamestore?

Again, welcome from the Buckeye state.

Welcome from New England. If you can't find local gamers there is a wonderful solo system available in the files.

welcome to the drome Dan!!!!! your lucky your wifes on board with the miniatures thing!

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Welcome to the Forum, Dan - I hope you find the game and the conversation here as enjoyable as I've found them! Lots to love with these people and these little planes...

All the best,
    Matt

Welcome Dan! I am originally from Coeur d'Alene, now live in AZ, but currently recuperating in Boise with a brand new grandson born yesterday! Enjoy the game and the site!

My wife found these on our vacation to Kentucky (her home) at a store her sister called the nerd store. I'm sure that is not the real name as they tend to rename most things. So my game store will be Amazon for the time being. I'm still trying to find the rules of the game online but haven't been successful yet. I have watched a couple of YouTube videos to get the general idea though.

As I said in my first post I have a mix of planes, 1 ww1, 3 ww2 - 2 biplanes, 2 monoplanes. 3 wings of glory, 1 wings of war.
    My wife was very uninformed when purchasing and asked no questions and was offered no help.

But I do have a ww1 duel pack on order - think Snoopy...

I can't guarantee any play time at the moment as I'm still very much a noob.

Solo play might be nice but I see this begging to become an online game, turn based game, perhaps through a site like FB.
    Enter a key code to play a key coded plane, online matching system to find an opponent, pick 3 cards, then go. Planes moved across a 3D game field... I can see this, I just don't know how to program it.

My wife just saw them as collectables, I see them as a new past time.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Welcome Dan! I am originally from Coeur d'Alene, now live in AZ, but currently recuperating in Boise with a brand new grandson born yesterday! Enjoy the game and the site!
    Congrats on the addition to the family. I'm old enough to be a Granddad but my oldest daughter is waiting until they are on their feet before starting a family. Wise on her part but I pray it's not too long.

So far the people here seem to be as friendly as an airstrip that used to be here. Henley Aerodrome, now turned into an amusement park, was full of friendly people. It was where I learned to fly and tied down my plane when I owned it. Several locals built WW1 aircraft. Now they are all past away and the airstrip got converted to a theme park called Silverwood. It's not the same anymore.

Thumbs up

G'day Dan & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the pilots who fly in NSW down in Australia.

Yes we are fortunate to have a really great & friendly group of players visit here.

There is a Players Locator thread available & Keith Upton who owns the site has an On Line store with really great prices (much cheaper than Amazon ) There is a Link to the store called Aerodrome Store up at the top of the pages in Yellow. Check it out!

The Duel Pack will give you all the Basic Rules you need to start playing.

Welcome Dan! I am new too, from Illinois, and enjoying the community on the forum, and "flying" a few minis. I'm in Kentucky right now - what town was the 'nerd store' in?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicator View Post
    Welcome Dan! I am new too, from Illinois, and enjoying the community on the forum, and "flying" a few minis. I'm in Kentucky right now - what town was the 'nerd store' in?
    I just asked and she thinks it was Shelbyville. Possibly called "Thinks Outside The Box".

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    G'day Dan & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the pilots who fly in NSW down in Australia.

Yes we are fortunate to have a really great & friendly group of players visit here.

There is a Players Locator thread available & Keith Upton who owns the site has an On Line store with really great prices (much cheaper than Amazon ) There is a Link to the store called Aerodrome Store up at the top of the pages in Yellow. Check it out!

The Duel Pack will give you all the Basic Rules you need to start playing.
    I'll check out the store. I find the prices vary some on Amazon and have only used it to order my duel pack and stick several into a wish list ( I love the wish list as mine change all the time ).

Ah, Clayton Henley, my dad did his certifications when he first got started. I had many a fun day there. Took lessons from Gladys Brooker in her Tiger Moth and flew with Bob Petro in their Piper Pacer. Helped Walter Redfern work on his triplane and Albatros V. Never thought that world would end. Went to Clayton' s funeral, he has a nice memorial at the cemetery on Government Way . . . Memories

Welcome, Dan, from Portland, Orrygun.
    I think you're gonna like it here ...

Congratulations on the new addition (elf?) Dave.
    If that doesn't get you feeling better, nothing will.

Welcome to the Drome Dan! Browse around and enjoy.

On behalf of the pilots based here over the pond in Dear old Blighty, welcome to the Drome Dan.
    Don't forget that you can also order from our very own home grown store here on the site on the blue header bar at the top of the page.

http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/

Enjoy your time with us, and fly safe.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hello Dan - welcome to the 'drome from here in the UK

Shelbyville? That's right where I am. Thanks - I'll check it out!

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Dan.
    Don't forget to teach the wife how to play.

Ah, Clayton Henley, my dad did his certifications when he first got started. I had many a fun day there. Took lessons from Gladys Brooker in her Tiger Moth and flew with Bob Petro in their Piper Pacer. Helped Walter Redfern work on his triplane and Albatros V. Never thought that world would end. Went to Clayton' s funeral, he has a nice memorial at the cemetery on Government Way . . . Memories

Gladys was my instructor as well. Spent many days over at Walt's when putting my 150 back together. I remember that Walt sold plans for several WW1 vintage planes, I wish now I had bought a set. Those were good days.

If you can't find it by that name I'll ask my sister-in-law for the actual name.

As a side note: I created a page on FB to give more exposure for the game.
    I don't want take anything away from this group, just wanting to give more places to be seen.

If this shouldn't be posted here please let me know.

No problem with that Dan.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Enjoy you will love the game it is GREAT.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Dan, from here near Norwich in the United KIngdom.

Welcome to the 'Drome, Dan, from Middlesex in the U.K.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Congratulations on the birth of your new grandson, David! I hope that mother and baby are doing well.

Thank You Everyone for the Welcome! I'm sure to be on here often!

Hi Dan, welcome to you, from Bristol UK

LOOP

Welcome to the drome Dan
    If you want to explore the World of Wings of glory. You have come to the right place
    Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I just asked and she thinks it was Shelbyville. Possibly called "Thinks Outside The Box".
    I asked my daughters last night and was given a different answer. Both said the name of the store was called "The Pet Store or Shop".

I hope this helps you.

I asked my daughters last night and got a different answer. Both said it was called "The Pet Store or Shop.

I hope this helps you.

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard.

Welcome from the Buckeye state!

Welcome to the 'drome! I now live in Utah, but spent the last 10 years living in the Boise area. There are a ha duo of great guys who play still and I visit them when I can, which turns out to be 2-3 times a year so far. If you are up by Silverwood, which by the sounds of it you are, then you are a long way from the gents I know. You might have more luck finding players in the Spokane area.

Regardless, you have found an amazing community that supports a couple of truly top notch games! Whether you fly WWI, WWII, or both (like me) you will be made to feel right at home.

Welcome aboard good sir...

Similar Missions

1. Utah Rookie Hayes reporting in!
    By Hayes in forum US Wing
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-21-2016, 22:05