Ares Games

Thread: New 1/200 scale spinning props

Default New 1/200 scale spinning props

A while back I got a request to make some smaller spinning props better suited for the smaller planes of WGS. I've finally got around to getting a few sets cut and up on the AA site. The new sizes include a 10mm Three Blade prop, a 14mm Three Blade prop, and a 14mm Four Blade prop. Each come 10 to a bag and they all have the small center hole to make mounting them easier.

I don't have pics of the new smaller ones, but they are identical to the 19mm ones like these, only smaller:

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

And here I was, planning on using the existing discs on my WW2 planes as I dip my toes in the Dark Side! I shall have to do some measuring and see just which new discs I can't live without!

All the best,
    Matt

Exactly what I wanted Keith. Order placed.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Same here. It's an addiction!

You can get away with the 19mm discs on some models, Matt--mid to late war US and British fighters and heavy bombers primarily, and a few others here and there--but they're awfully big for SCW or early WW2 planes. For example, the three- and four-bladed 19s look fine on my AIM Corsairs and AE Models Tempests and P-51s, but I've got a couple of Nick Hawkin's Shapeways P-35s that are pretty well dwarfed by their discs. The new WW2-specific ones are thus very welcome .
    Last edited by DarrylH; 06-25-2016 at 00:24.

Yes, couldn't agree more. My Hawks, P-16, CR32, Claudes and Nates were crying out for them.

The main reason I discussed smaller discs with Keith was that the 19mm size was just too big to fit on the smaller twin-engined jobs such as the Blenheim. Now that Keith has obliged I'd better find out where I put my Blenheims and P38s
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I used the 19mm ones on the only WW2 plane I've painted - my Do-217 anti-shipping bomber - and they worked fine, but then there's room and the larger props look good, I think. I plan to do a selection of '44/'45 US and Allied Italian Campaign stuff, so the 19s will probably work there, too. But for some of their adversaries and for some early-war Desert Campaign planes, I will definitely be picking up some of the new ones. Thanks for the advice, guys!

All the best,
    Matt

Looking forward to a possible restock on these; I'd go through another three packs of the 14 mm three-bladed discs very quickly.

You think you've ordered enough only to run out at the crucial moment. Have to order more.....

Great to see the new smaller props. I've cut some of the originals down before. Saves a bit of fuss. Thanks Keith!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    A while back I got a request to make some smaller spinning props better suited for the smaller planes of WGS. I've finally got around to getting a few sets cut and up on the AA site. The new sizes include a 10mm Three Blade prop, a 14mm Three Blade prop, and a 14mm Four Blade prop. Each come 10 to a bag and they all have the small center hole to make mounting them easier.

I don't have pics of the new smaller ones, but they are identical to the 19mm ones like these, only smaller:

Hi Keith,
    thanks for complying with my request of some time back , I'm moving to your shop right now to order me some
    cheers,
    Guus

Oh no, too late already, all out of stock .... added the stuff to my wishlist ... let's hope that your production starts again soon ...
    Last edited by Aardvark1430; 08-24-2016 at 07:42. Reason: added my disappointment :-)
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Hey guys, I've got to order in more of that really thin acrylic. It's going to be a little while before they are restocked, but they will be.

Herr Oberst

With the AA sale over and once you've gotten moved and the new house squared away, here's a request for 14mm two bladed props as well as a restock of the 14mm four bladed variety. With a half-dozen Ki-27s and a couple of Ki-43-Is on hand (to say nothing of the BF-109Ds I still have to paint and the early Hurricane Is I still want to order from AIM), 14mm two bladed discs are just about a necessity, while I have two AE Models J2M Raidens finished aside from prop discs, and an AE Models BV-138 and an AIM H8K Emily (great model, by the way!) that would require 4 bladed 14 mm discs.

Thank you, sir!

Keith

This is just a reminder about the 14mm two-laded prop discs; I have ten models that could use them now, with more in prospect, so I'd definitely be a customer. I think they might also prove useful for smaller WGF models, so they might not just be an 'early WWII' niche product.

Thank you again, sir!

Just saw that 14mm two bladed discs have been added to the site, and ordered same. For some reason, even when logged in, Firefox wouldn't allow me to go to checkout, while Chrome did.

Thanks, Herr Oberst!

Similar Missions

1. New 3 and 4 Blade Spinning Props
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-01-2015, 14:05
  2. Spinning DH2.
    By Count Bogro in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-02-2015, 11:42
  3. Spinning Out
    By flash in forum WGF: House Rules