Ares Games

Thread: What Khan 2016

Default What Khan 2016

Hello Everybody,
    Looks like registration is open for What Khan 2016. I am planning on registering games for Sat. morning, Sat. afternoon and Sunday morning. I could also run a game on Friday night, providing that no one else wants to register in that slot. Let me know, I' ll probably register the SDat. games by the end of June.

I have registered 3 games for What-Khan. A balloon bust on Sat. morning, a light bomber & scout scenario on Sat. afternoon and a heavy bomber game on Sunday morning. I can run a giants scenario on Friday night, but if somebody else wants that time then I won't.

Hey guys, where is this Con located and when is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Nowotny View Post
    Hey guys, where is this Con located and when is it?
    According to their Facebook page, the convention will be held in Loves Park, IL on Oct 21-Oct 23 2016.
    So how many books are in your personal library?

Michael, Beth and I will be down Friday afternoon and all day Saturday. We are not sure yet if we are staying Saturday night, may head for home Saturday around midnight.
    Any scheduled for the last slot for Saturday?

Bob

Loves Park is just north of Rockford. The con is Oct 21 - 23 at the sports center on Riverside. Real nice facility. I have registered two games for Sat, morning and afternoon, and 1 game for Sunday morning. Tim usually runs a game Fri and/or Sat. night, waiting to hear what he wants to do. If Tim doesn't want the Friday night slot, I have a giants scenario I would like to run.

Conversed with Tim on facebook. He is planning Friday and Saturday night. Every time slot will have a WoG game.

Hi all!! Time is flying by just like aSopwith Camel ...fast and furious...as usual Bob is already getting ready... So Mike & Tim bring it on!! We can't wait! Looking forward to seeing some new faces this year so if your in the area, come and check us out!!!
    Last edited by Trench Wench; 06-28-2016 at 21:53.

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Ggggrrrrrrr. I would love to come and join the fun, but that is my anniversary weekend and the wife has ideas for travel elsewhere during that time.
    Best wishes to all and safe flying.

Hey guys,

I am not running a Bolt Action tournament this year, so hope to join you for one of the games. It has been to long.

Aaron

Getting ready to register my non-WoG events. Not running a BA tournament this year and plan to scale back so I can play in a few games.

Plan to join you guys in at least 1 if not two games.

Assume all registered at WGF....anyone doing WGS.and if so what time slot?

I'm doing 3 WGF scenarios, Sat. morning, Sat. afternoon and Sun. morning. Tim hasn't revealed his plans yet, as least not to me.

Sounds good.

Looks like I will be doing Naval Friday and Anglo-Zulu Saturday afternoon. Leaves Saturday AM/PMD Sunday AM to play in other games.

If no one is registering WWII I have an idea for a scenario I could host in one of the remaining slots.

Look forward to playing regardless.

Can you share a link to information on this Con?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicator View Post
    Can you share a link to information on this Con?
    http://www.what-khan.com/

I did go ahead and register a WWII event for Sunday AM.

Thank you! I'd like to go and play!

NP, What-Kahn use to be ROCKCON until two years ago...same venue and format just different organizers due to a legal issue.

Great event rebuilding to what it was when it was ROCKCON.

Received confirmation that my Sunday AM WWII event is registered. This will leave Saturday PM open for me to play in a WWI event. My goal is to arrive early on Friday to turn in my silent auction items if someone wants to get together for some open gaming in the afternoon before the official events start at 7PM.

Hi everyone!!! Sorry, I've been behind the lines doing a lot of Scouting this summer. I registered the Flight School for Friday night, but forgot Mike was possibly doing Sunday. When I saw his 3 events, I assumed all three were on Saturday. I will contact the organizers to cancel my Sunday event and add the Saturday night event!!!

Saturday night's event will be another mission for the 94th Aerosquadron, the Hat in the Ring Gang!!! This one should be a wild ride!!! Anyone up for flying HOT RODS???

Beth just booked our room for Friday night. We are at the Quality Inn about 1 mile away. We will head back home around midnight Saturday.

We will be available for some open gaming Friday afternoon. I can bring down a few boardgames for such an occasion. Just let me know what you want to play, I probably have it.
    Bob

Well, who is ready for What-Khan this weekend??? The Spads are fueled, armed and on the flight line warming up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crashx View Post
    Well, who is ready for What-Khan this weekend??? The Spads are fueled, armed and on the flight line warming up!!!
    See you there....WW2 event scheduled for Sunday AM

Aaron, what time are you showing up, Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by BBSuds View Post
    Aaron, what time are you showing up, Friday?
    Depends how organized I get. Hope to be there by early afternoon to turn in auction items.

Helping with a Naval event at 7PM.

Beth and I will be there around 2pm. You said something about open gaming Friday afternoon. If you are still interested, let me know what you want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by BBSuds View Post
    Beth and I will be there around 2pm. You said something about open gaming Friday afternoon. If you are still interested, let me know what you want to play.
    Yep, I will try to get my stuff done NLT 3PM and be ready for some gaming.

I just talked to Michael and he should be there also. I will bring Mare Nostrum and Trajan so far.

Looking forward to joining you Saturday!

What-Khan 2016 is in the books.

It was great seeing some familiar faces.

Really enjoyed the Mare Nostrum game.

Did up an AAR on my blog of what I saw including my WWII game.

http://rallyroundtheflag.blogspot.co...-2016.html?m=0

Similar Missions

1. InCON 2016
    By OldGuy59 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-10-2016, 23:54
  2. Happy 2016
    By Boney10 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-04-2016, 12:17
  3. Illinois: What Khan 2015
    By Beer&pretzels in forum US Wing