Ares Games

Thread: New Ares Mats for Australia

Default New Ares Mats for Australia

Aerodrome Accessories has really, really good prices on the new games mats by Ares. But postage is a killer.

I'm in the middle of arranging a shipment (through Ares) of 20 of the new mats, 10 of each, directly from China.

Price will be on the order of $28 AUD (depending on exchange rates) each plus postage from Canberra to anywhere in Australia - I might be able to get that for $10 each, or $18 for up to 3.

It's unlikely they'll be here by Wintercon, but if they are, I'll arrange to make them available outside the Con, as I'm not permitted to sell stuff during it.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    Aerodrome Accessories has really, really good prices on the new games mats by Ares. But postage is a killer.

I'm in the middle of arranging a shipment (through Ares) of 20 of the new mats, 10 of each, directly from China.

Price will be on the order of $28 AUD (depending on exchange rates) each plus postage from Canberra to anywhere in Australia - I might be able to get that for $10 each, or $18 for up to 3.

It's unlikely they'll be here by Wintercon, but if they are, I'll arrange to make them available outside the Con, as I'm not permitted to sell stuff during it.
    Fantastic News Zoe!
    Please put me down for One of Each.
    I will pay by Paypal.

Looking forward to Wintercon!

Hi Zoe,

You can put me down for one of the industrial maps and two NML (one for me and one for Dad).

I am 99.9% likely to make Wintercon so it would be great to pick them up, otherwise I'll just have to bite the bullet on the postage.

Cheers,

Carl.

Wait till I have them actually delivered. I'm still negotiating payment mechanism. And thanks should go to Ares, who are arranging this at my request. They're the ones who contacted the Chinese supplier asking for a quote.

Ouch. Further clarification shows that the quoted cost is for shipment only - they'd be $46 AUD each.

Considering I paid AU$79.95 for the first Wings of War maps that is still a bargain! When it comes time to order I'll take the three - 2 NML, 1 Industrial complex.

I feel your pain. I am about 400 miles from the Canadian Border but rarely purchase anything from up there. The postage is incredibly high from Canada to the US and we are Neighbors!

I've just committed to buy 20 mats = 10 of each - for a total of 583 USD. That's around 780 AUD, making them $39 AUD each. I had to communicate to Ares, and thence the Chinese manufacturer, to tell them about the vagaries of China Post SAL, and its cost advantage over both DHL and China Post AIR. Anyway, the cost of postage from China to Australia is 190 USD. Rather better than the 290 USD first quoted.

This is cost price. I'll let you know when they arrive - probably well after Wintercon, alas. With postage within Australia, we're looking at $50 AUD for one mat, $140 AUD for three. $40 each pick up from Canberra.

Once more my thanks to Herr Oberst and Aerodrome Accessories, who I very strongly encourage you to buy from if outside Australia. He can't be making much profit on this, and the high charges for postage are at cost.
    My thanks also to Leonardo & Co at Ares, who realised the situation Australian WGF gamers are in, and have bent over backwards to see we can get their product at a rate which is within our means.

Thumbs up

Well done again Zoe!
    I definitely want one of each & will pay you via Paypal.
    I will probably get Dal Gavan, my grandson Ben who lives in Canberra or one of my mates up there to pick them up from you.
    Charles Henry lives & works there & comes down to visit his family regularly.

Again many thanks for your efforts.

Once more my thanks to Herr Oberst and Aerodrome Accessories, who I very strongly encourage you to buy from if outside Australia. He can't be making much profit on this, and the high charges for postage are at cost.
    My thanks also to Leonardo & Co at Ares, who realised the situation Australian WGF gamers are in, and have bent over backwards to see we can get their product at a rate which is within our means.
    Thank you Zoe, nice job. I am a little hopeful after I received a Facebook response from Ares the other day after I complained about no stock on Australian shelves. They suggested something was in the wind, I hope it is a distribution deal.

Hi Zoe,

Yet again a great price - of which I'm happy to take advantage!

When time comes to order, I would love to have one of each. Most likely I will collect them in person.

Thanks and regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Hi Zoe,

Yet again a great price - of which I'm happy to take advantage!
    Fortunately I paid in advance, so the exchange rate change didn't hurt too much. The total is just shy of $800 AUD rather than $785, so the $40 price still means I don't actually make a loss. If I bought them today, it would be closer to $45.

I'm trying to grow the hobby, especially in the ACT, so am selling at cost. However, range is limited, for the rest, please go to Aerodrome Accessories, whose prices I find amazingly low for a profitmaking store.

Estimated Delivery: Wednesday, June 29, 2016 By End of Day

So they will be there for Wintercon.

I can't sell them on-site - the cost of a seller's licence is $120. But I'll have them in my car, so anyone going to Wintercon will be able to collect them.

I can't sell them on-site - the cost of a seller's licence is $120. But I'll have them in my car, so anyone going to Wintercon will be able to collect them.
    Nice work Zoe see you there with the cash in hand!

Thumbs up

Great work Zoe!
    I will get mine there.

Zoe I have only just seen this post, is it to late to put me down for one "no mans land" map? If so Carl will pick it up for me. Thanks Zoe. Doug
    Last edited by Doug; 07-08-2016 at 00:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Zoe I have only just seen this post, is it to late to put me down for one map? If so Carl will pick it up for me. Thanks Zoe. Doug
    I still have plenty of them.

Thanks Zoe. Doug

Similar Missions

1. Ares Gaming Mats
    By Brambo in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-02-2013, 06:10
  2. Ares Announces new gaming mats.
    By jbmacek in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 229
    Last Post: 05-21-2013, 18:16
  3. New Ares Game mats
    By Bluedevil in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2012, 08:37
  4. WGF & WGS: Ares releasing new gaming mats.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-26-2012, 00:32