Ares Games

Thread: WGF IF02 - Defending Pola (WGF historical scenario for 3 or 5 players)

Default WGF IF02 - Defending Pola (WGF historical scenario for 3 or 5 players)

Pola, Adriatic Coast, 19 May 1918: About 1515hrs a flight of Phönix D.I fighters led by Fregattenleutnant Friedrich Lang took off from Altura airfield to patrol the skies over the port city of Pola. Situated at the southern tip of the Istria Peninsula on the eastern coast of the Adriatic (now Croatia), Pola was an important Austro-Hungarian naval base and frequent target of Italian bombing raids. About 1545hrs Lang and his comrades intercepted two Italian Macchi M.5 flying boats of 261a Squadriglia conducting an armed reconnaissance.

This WGF historical scenario requires 1-2 Series 8 Italian Macchi M.5 flying boats and 2-3 of the Series 9 Austro-Hungarian Phönix D.I scouts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	<acronym title=WGF IF02 Defending Pola.jpg  Views: 30  Size: 243.8 KB  ID: 207515" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

A PDF of the scenario document has been uploaded to the Files section here http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...o=file&id=2306
    Last edited by Carl_Brisgamer; 09-21-2016 at 04:44.

Appreciate all the effort put into this project.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Looks like a great game. I have all the planes so may give it a try. Thanks for the idea

Are there any objectives for the Entente players other than, don't get shot down? It looks like this scenario is a last side standing game?

I ordered some M.5s to give this scenario a shot.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by bgeipel View Post
    Are there any objectives for the Entente players other than, don't get shot down? It looks like this scenario is a last side standing game?

I ordered some M.5s to give this scenario a shot.

Barry
    The Italians are there to conduct a recon of Pola in preparation for a bombing raid on the A-H fleet. To achieve that they must shoot down or drive off the Central Powers aircraft, and for the Austro-Hungarians to win they must shoot down or drive off the Italians. The Macchis are outnumbered but are more agile than the Phönix D.Is.

Similar Missions

1. Multiplayer: WGF IF01 - The Falcon Falls (WGF historical scenario for 3 players)
    By Carl_Brisgamer in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-06-2018, 13:44
  2. Solo: WGF EF01: Krisanov's Last Patrol (WGF historical scenario for 1, 2 or 4 players)
    By Carl_Brisgamer in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-21-2016, 06:49
  3. Bf.109E "Jabo" with bomb - historical scenario?
    By Angiolillo in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-24-2016, 08:25
  4. Defending the Carrier
    By Anav in forum WGS: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 09:48