Users Country Flag

Name
    Andy
    Sorties Flown

Default Foam Trays

These KR Multicase look good.

Cheers,
    Andy

Those look okay, but the ones I'm releasing hold 6 planes and their cards. I also will have a card and bit tray plus a tray for the balloons. You can see all the details here. Oh, and my trays will hold the minis more securely.

I use the figures in comfort trays and depnding on the aircraft type I get between 8 and 15 to a tray including their cards and flight stands. My latest one will take 4 Skytrex Gothas

Tony

Users Country Flag

Name
    John
    Sorties Flown

The big advantage of the KR cases for us in Europe is that they are made here. Delivery and import duty can make a big difference to the price, especially when the carrier charges a handling fee (which you can work around if you know how but it does add to the faff).

I have stacks of KR cases already for Warmachine, Hordes, Warhammer / 40K and model railway rolling stock, so I will certainly be looking at the new offering with interest. I personally like the idea that the cutouts will accommodate a variety of aircraft, as I have lots of repaints and kit builds which don't have a proper home in the Colonel's range. I don't doubt that the minis will be more secure in dedicated cutouts, but the consequent loss of flexibility is an unacceptable tradeoff to me. I also need to accommodate my bombers, which is easily achieved with KR's pick and pluck trays.

The KR trays hold fewer aircraft because they are smaller. The 4-slot 'half' trays are 255x190mm against the 330x190mm size of the Outrider trays.

Each system has its advantages and disadvantages. The Outrider trays look amazing and are going to be the perfect solution for a lot of gamers, especially in the US. For me the KR trays might be a better option.

Quote Originally Posted by Bedlam View Post
    The big advantage of the KR cases for us in Europe is that they are made here. Delivery and import duty can make a big difference to the price, especially when the carrier charges a handling fee (which you can work around if you know how but it does add to the faff).
    Very true.

I have stacks of KR cases already for Warmachine, Hordes, Warhammer / 40K and model railway rolling stock, so I will certainly be looking at the new offering with interest. I personally like the idea that the cutouts will accommodate a variety of aircraft, as I have lots of repaints and kit builds which don't have a proper home in the Colonel's range. I don't doubt that the minis will be more secure in dedicated cutouts, but the consequent loss of flexibility is an unacceptable tradeoff to me. I also need to accommodate my bombers, which is easily achieved with KR's pick and pluck trays.
    I'll most likely be offering some bomber trays as I'll need them too I will also be offering custom ordered trays to handle the repaints issues.

The KR trays hold fewer aircraft because they are smaller. The 4-slot 'half' trays are 255x190mm against the 330x190mm size of the Outrider trays.
    That would make sense.

Now I know what I want for Christmas. I already have KR pluck and tear and I like them. The others look good but the postage will be the main killer for us here in the UK.

Figures-in-comfort are based here in the UK (Scotland). I use tray 12 (360mm x 265mm) and just cut away different divders to make the tray that I need like so:

First one holds 15 of the small single seaters (Camel, Snipe, SE5a, Nieuport, Spad, Dr.1, etc...) plus the plane cards and stand bases.

Second one holds 12 of the larger single seaters or smaler two seaters (D.VII, Roland C.IIs, Albatros, Hannover CL.III, Halberstadt CL.II, etc...) plus the plane cards an stand base

Third one holds 8 of the larger two seaters (DH4, RE8, Rumpler, UFAG C.I, Albatros C.X, etc...) plus the plane cards an stand base

and the fourth one holds 4 Skytrex Gotha bombers
    Last edited by tonyc206; 10-29-2010 at 07:13.

outriderhobbies's Avatar Owner Outrider Hobbies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Bryan
    Sorties Flown

Hey guys, I will also be providing the Colonel with the generic tray that started all of this. It isn't as snug on the planes, but it is a great generic tray that will hold 3 small and 3 large planes with cards and flight stands.

Just ask Kilted Wolf, I think he likes them.

Yes, I REALLY like them a lot -- and the new Ranger bag to carry them in!

Thank you Bryan; now to get you playing!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2864.jpg   IMG_2865.jpg  

Greetings,

I've had a 'sneak peak' at these KR trays, and they work really well.
    Most planes are held in place firmly by the wings, but even for the smallest, such as the focker they're still held safely enough, it isn't an issue at all that the compartments are 'generic' to 1-seater or 2-seater, all of the planes are held safely.

Its worth noting that these trays have soft bottoms too, so the height isn't an issue at all (as noted for some other trays out there) and so the top/bottom of the plane is not going to be scuffed or squashed.

The trays are deep enough for a double 'A' damage deck, and no matter how I carried them the cards didn't slip out.

I'm very impressed with them.
    Cheers
    Dave

Looks like KR now do balloon trays too...

Those look good...but right now I'm leaning toward the Col. and the Ranger bags...

I have one of the KR multicases and am very pleased with it.
    I will probably order a second now as my plane collection seem to be increasing at an exponential rate.
    Don

I've received my KRMulticase friday. I've chosen the black aluminium case :

Open with the brand new empty foam :

All my planes (almost all of them, the skytrex miniatures are missing!).

Goodnight my planes!

For those who wants the same one, here's the details of my order :
    1 X Standard Aluminium case (AL1-B) (black) : wings08+wings16+wings15+wings15+wings02+wings14

Quote Originally Posted by TahitianGabriel View Post
    I've received my KRMulticase friday. I've chosen the black aluminium case :

All my planes (almost all of them, the skytrex miniatures are missing!).

For those who wants the same one, here's the details of my order :
    1 X Standard Aluminium case (AL1-B) (black) : wings08+wings16+wings15+wings15+wings02+wings14
    Not sure if you've noticed, but the inserts you pull out (and possibly just throw away) have partial cuts on the wing tips - cut those off and lay them flat back inside the tray to support the wingtips.
    Most planes don't actually need it as the trays are a very good fit, but the bombers can certainly benefit. :-)

Just ordered some KR from my lgs ,its the p&p and more importantly the handling charge made by the post office that prevents me ordering from the Oberst ,I really need to order more bits from him but on the last package I was charged more handling by the PO than the Oberst charged me in P&P .I already have a few KR cases for my other gaming projects and they are ok .

My mini's are also housed in KR foam trays...I am pretty satisfied with them too. What's more I still got plenty of space for more aircraft
    Last edited by Bluedevil; 03-29-2013 at 03:27.

Figures in comfort for me. The foam cut outs make a great city for playing Giant Monster Rampage with Gashapon Godzilla figures.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    Figures in comfort for me. The foam cut outs make a great city for playing Giant Monster Rampage with Gashapon Godzilla figures.

Ian
    That looks great. I use Monsterpocalypse buildings and Gashapon figures for Clash of the Kaiju

Unfortunately at Border Reiver in 2008 we put on Hunt the Zeppelin game right next to Figures in Comfort and we got a real good deal by showcasing his stock. So all my trays are from way back when. They hold everything I have and have never been any bother to me travelling around.

We use KRs and aluminium carriers. Theyre very flexible. Theyve just upgraded their bomber tray to include the base as well as the decks. Very useful

I use KR for all my planes. What I particularly like is the extra bit of give in the walls. I sleeve all my cards and found that the FIG cases although sturdy and good protection, were cut for the cards un sleeved, as is KR, but the KR give allowed my sleeved cards to be placed and the edges not curl.
    If you are not sure how they look take a look at the pics For WMMS you will see the display table which shows off a number of KR trays. Although the Oberst trays look great the postage to UK for a number of these has always put me off, but I find the KR trays excellent

Similar Missions

1. Outrider Hobbies / Aerodrome Accessories custom WoW foam trays
    By KiltedWolf in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 14:52
  2. KR Multicase Foam Trays
    By NeilCFord in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 14:48
  3. Looking For Pluck Foam
    By LeBru in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7