Ares Games

Thread: USING PERCENTILE DICE IN PLACE OF DAMAGE CARDS

Default USING PERCENTILE DICE IN PLACE OF DAMAGE CARDS

Hi

I have been playing in a Wings of War game and have started using percentile dice in place of the damage cards. This is because, if some one gets the boom card or fire card, we beginning calculating that into our game play. Here is the chart we use.
    Sorry I'm trying to attach a excel attachment to this will learn how later.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike George; 10-27-2010 at 12:50. Reason: to attach excel file

Interesting idea...it certainly levels out the percentages...we don't ever really "count" cards. Probably because we also enjoy a few "drinkies" while playing...(hey, it's a game!) ...we also remove the explosion card(s) from all decks as a matter of course.

Question; how do you handle rudder damage? Are the die rolls made in secret and the results "honorably" recorded? Same for various pilot damage, etc.

The last of the Great Knights. Yes the rolls are done on honnor, like you said it's a game. We can tell by the look on the faces if it was a bad roll, most the time.

Thanks for sharing this.

We still use the damage decks, but having your table/percentile-dice data readily available in such a readible form is a good too.

Smile

Back to ya, Mike.
    I have just started to run my first PBeM (Play By e-Mail) game for friends and family. This first game is a free-for-all dogfight; every pilot for him/herself. I have decided to use the percentile dice to determine damage because the value of using Damage Cards is mostly lost when doing PBeM ...... no body can see them and they have to be "translated" into words and numbers by the organizer for transmission by e-mail to the players. In addition, given that players have much more time between PBeM Turns (3 days in this case) I suspect that they would have begun to "count cards" and made deductions about what remained in the damage decks.

Thanks again; I'm using it.

We started using the percentile dice, but there is always one jackwagon that gets great rolls in the group. So we changed it, where we use the deck for the turn, and reshuffle at the end. Then we use numbered chips that are one sided that the pilot puts with his deck. We noticed that the zeros came up less often in the deck vs. the dice. Plus people really liked pulling the card.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-27-2015, 11:11
  2. Using dice for Damage?
    By Seiseki in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-23-2013, 14:03
  3. two quick questions about damage cards
    By Gallo Rojo in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 05:47
  4. Dice?