Ares Games

Thread: Hammerhead 2017

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Lightbulb Hammerhead 2017

Hammerhead 2017 I noticed is being held on Saturday March 4th 2017 and I cannot see any other threads about it.

Usual venue: George Stephenson Exhibition Hall at the Newark Showground.

SATNAV Locations: Winthorpe or if not Coddington works fine. A1 to Newark junction with A46 and then two ways in - one via the A17 heading for Sleaford / Other off A46 heading to Lincoln (signposted - or follow Air Museum signposts.)

Thoughts in advance: Are we putting in a presence next year in order to grow on the success of previous years? Also somebody wants to make a special trip from overseas to play Wings of Glory which is what has prompted the creation of this thread now. Fair dinkum if this is thinking too far in advance - I will understand as several events on the 2016 Calendar have still yet to take place.

Note: Has anybody else seen the official Hammerhead 2016 photos on their website? The photos from Hammerhead 2015 were better IMHO & I still have mine - will post in due course.
    Last edited by Tonx; 05-16-2016 at 12:35. Reason: To Change Title.

Hi Barney,
    Normally we are asked around October time about next years Hammerhead.
    I do intend to ask for three tables again, one for each of the Glory games.
    We can keep this thread open for that purpose, so thanks for that.
    I have seen the video for 2016 this weekend and will put a link into that thread for others to look at.
    Hope all is well with you.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Hello Chris I hope you are well.

That's understood - best to get Doncaster 2016 out of the way before we address Hammerhead next year: I'll just change the title of this thread to Hammerhead 2017 then if we are keeping it open for the event.

Being unable to do Doncaster this year and also with my side kick planning to come over to Hammerhead 2017 from Brisbane may have put my planning head on a little early. Hopefully all three members of the OFC (Oil Flying Corps est 2016) will be attending Hammerhead 2017 -Myself Marion and Danielle.

The Official Photos were disappointing this year because unlike last year everything seemed to be close up and therefore include only half of the players present. You and Simon (Maverick) look great on this year's photo of the Sails table but the others (Reg & Co) cannot be seen which I feel a little disappointed by knowing how it was all a team effort. There is a general aura of a badly taken set of wedding photos about them - or that could just be me! :P

Similar Missions

1. Hammerhead 2015
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 03-15-2015, 13:31
  2. Looking Ahead!
    By gully_raker in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-22-2014, 23:46
  3. A Bit Ahead Of Our Eras, But...
    By csadn in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 14:05
  4. The Job Ahead
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum Fire in the Skies
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-28-2014, 14:51
  5. WGFA: Richthofen Jagdstaffel Ahead (GS)
    By seagull in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2013, 12:20