Ares Games

Thread: Any paint difference between the old Nexus and the new Aeris American DH4?

Question Any paint difference between the old Nexus and the new Aeris American DH4?

Basically wondering if the old, out of production Nexus Airco DH4 in painted for the Americans has any paint differences with the current one painted for the Americans. They both look pretty similar, but I'm wondering if there are any minor (squadron numbers, etc.) differences, or if it's a straight-up reprint.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Different unit - the old Nexus one was D squadron, US Marine Corps, iirc.

All three DH4's are new--which is damned bloody annoying, as it means six planes of a size that only fit five to a hangar-tray.

Don't recall which specific squadron, but Dom is right--old is USMC, new is US Army Air Service.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

I was about to post: "never mind, realized the fins were different colors,' but you beat me to it. I'm assuming the British ones were a more faded, more 'olive' green than the current one, as the pictures seem to show?

Have a look at this doc in the files Brasel, the last pages have images of all the models released so far.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    All three DH4's are new--which is damned bloody annoying, as it means six planes of a size that only fit five to a hangar-tray.

Don't recall which specific squadron, but Dom is right--old is USMC, new is US Army Air Service.
    Only a problem if you just have 1 of each
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Similar Missions

1. WGSF XS with a difference.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-06-2014, 11:46
  2. Spot the difference
    By Womble in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-24-2012, 04:31
  3. WGF Hardest Builds & paint - Easyest Build & paint.
    By Fabric Flyer in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-04-2012, 00:07
  4. difference between DV & DVa.Albatros
    By grumpybear in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-08-2011, 12:56
  5. What's the difference?
    By Aero825 in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-11-2011, 14:45