Ares Games

Thread: Altitude Pegs

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andrew
    Sorties Flown

Default Altitude Pegs

Hi, just a quick question. Does anyone know where you can get altitude pegs from in the UK please? Does Ares have any plans to reissue them?
    Thanks.

Although Ares have them as still available, I have checked my suppliers Andrew and none have any left.
    There should be a reissue coming up but how soon is anyone's guess.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andrew
    Sorties Flown

Thank you Rob, yes it's curious that they seem to have become unavailable, you would think they would be among the most popular of items. Oh well, thanks anyway.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

All UK stockists are supplied through a single distributor, so their occasional restocks are a bottleneck - they restock en masse, a handful of times a year (ie. when there's enough to ship economically across the pond), not whenever something sells out, so popular items are precisely the ones most likely to be unavailable, as there isn't a constant stream of restocks. At the moment their WGF availability is pretty blooming threadbare unfortunately - I'm hoping they get a restock along with the new WGS series whenever that meanders its way across the Atlantic....

Amazon do have some in but they are ridiculous prices.
    Rob.

Not much use to you, but I found 5 packs in Lada's shop in Prague, which should keep me going for a bit
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andrew
    Sorties Flown

Thanks All, I've found some on Noble Knight in the US. Silly postage for pegs but I added in a couple of planes that aren't available here to make it feel more acceptable ��

Glad to hear that you have sourced them Andrew.
    Rob.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andrew
    Sorties Flown

Thanks Dom, I've noticed a real lack of stock in UK shops so that explains it. I'm surprised there wasn't a big restock with the giants.

The Giant pegs are still out there Andrew.
    Rob.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andrew
    Sorties Flown

Thanks Rob, I ordered a set 50 standard and 24 bomber. Hopefully they'll keep me going. The reason I wanted more was I already seem to have lost 4 despite keeping them with the models in KR cases. I've a horrible feeling they're in the hover.

I have spares of both sizes, if you still need them (deliberate over-order, with this current shortage in mind!).
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andrew
    Sorties Flown

PM sent, thanks Tim.

Rabbit 3's Avatar Squadron Leader Scotland.
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

I actually spotted a pack on one of the trade stands at Carronade yesterday.
    Try contacting Northumbrian Games, they may still have some in stock.

I`ve noticed though that once your collection reaches a certain size a sort of "Critical Mass" is reached and you find yourself with more pegs than you`ll ever need.
    I suspect they start breeding!
    Last edited by Rabbit 3; 05-08-2016 at 04:02.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andrew
    Sorties Flown

Thanks Robert. I wonder if the planes breed? I'd save a fortune! :-)

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by A0S View Post
    Thanks All, I've found some on Noble Knight in the US. Silly postage for pegs but I added in a couple of planes that aren't available here to make it feel more acceptable ��
    Hi Andrew - sorry to miss you at the NEC Expo last weekend. Which two aircraft were these please just out of interest?

There are a number of aircraft which are not available in the UK at the moment - everything is on low stock levels with the suppliers of two shops I frequent but there are an annoying number of aircraft which just cannot be obtained here at the moment.

I am going to Keith at AA for five of them starting with WGF115C / Stark Edition Fokker D.VII as already ordered. Then I am after Rolands and Aviatiks - and I left all three Roland C.IIs behind at Spirit Games in Burton two weeks ago in the hope that they would still be there last weekend. One out of three left last time I visited though I gather they can still be obtained in Australia ...

GUTTED!!!

Tell you what I wouldn't mind but cannot obtain in the UK - WGF207C.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andrew
    Sorties Flown

Hi Barney, they were a Caproni Ca.3 - Lieutenant Casimiro Buttini and a Halberstadt D.III - Keudell

Quote Originally Posted by Tonx View Post
    Hi Andrew - sorry to miss you at the NEC Expo last weekend. Which two aircraft were these please just out of interest?

There are a number of aircraft which are not available in the UK at the moment - everything is on low stock levels with the suppliers of two shops I frequent but there are an annoying number of aircraft which just cannot be obtained here at the moment.

I am going to Keith at AA for five of them starting with WGF115C / Stark Edition Fokker D.VII as already ordered. Then I am after Rolands and Aviatiks - and I left all three Roland C.IIs behind at Spirit Games in Burton two weeks ago in the hope that they would still be there last weekend. One out of three left last time I visited though I gather they can still be obtained in Australia ...

GUTTED!!!

Tell you what I wouldn't mind but cannot obtain in the UK - WGF207C.

Welker's Macchi? Barn, are you going to be in the States soon, anywhere near a friend who could be a convenient Mail Drop?

I ask because Cool Stuff Inc. in Florida still has a couple. If you're gonna be passing through MCO at all soon, maybe you could arrange a Store Pickup... and while you're at it if you did maybe you could do a Bring Back for folks on the next leg of your travels.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Andrew and Barney, please check your personal messages for what I hope will be good news.

I can confirm that Northumbria games had some fighter flight pegs for sale at the games Expo last weekend, at least 4 packets of them.
    Maybe worth giving them a call

Similar Missions

1. Altitude Pegs / Flight Pegs ?
    By Maverick in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-17-2015, 15:34
  2. Altitude pegs
    By Brambo in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 08-27-2014, 05:18
  3. Altitude Pegs again
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements