Ares Games
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WGF - If you got to pick ONE reprint?

Default WGF - If you got to pick ONE reprint?

Gents, I'm tossing up a thread for some research similar to my "One Sculpt" thread over at the Anchorage--I can't promise anything will come of it with Ares, but figured it couldn't hurt to seek community thoughts to help refine follow-up questions.

The scenario: You have the chance to pick ONE plane and paintscheme for a future re-print of an Ares release. (No Series 3 or Series 4 yet, just 1, 2 and 5 on--and no OAW 253-series Albatros D.III's or others that require retooling the sculpt, and Boney keep a cork in it re the Tripe.)

The rules:
    1. Aircraft must be colorful or otherwise eye-catching, preferably not readily mistaken for one of the existing offerings. (Example, MvR had at least seven Dr.I's, most of which were painted like the one in the Duel Pack, so changing from 152/17 "last survivor" to 161/17 "Utility Hack" wouldn't fly.)
    2. Pilot must be an ace of some name recognition ("household name" of the time or still well-known today) or have an interesting or inspiring story. Preferably a pilot who hasn't already been represented with a WoW or WGF miniature. If somebody else has already submitted your pick, don't worry about it, you can still try to make a stronger argument.

In a nutshell, make your best possible case why *this* specific plane and pilot should be included in a reprint series. I'll look forward to seeing what and who y'all pick...

Eligible aircraft types:
    Series 1 - SPAD XIII, Sopwith Camel, Albatros D.Va (maybe as D.V also), Fokker F.I/Dr.I
    Series 2 - Sopwith Snipe, Fokker D.VII, Airco DH4, LFG Roland C.II
    Series 5 - Morane-Saulnier N, Airco DH2, Fokker E.III, Halberstadt D.III
    Series 6 - Sopwith Tripe, Hanriot HD.1, Aviatik D.I, SSW D.III
    Series 7 - SPAD VII, Albatros D.II (maybe as D.I also), Bristol F.2B, Halberstadt CL.II
    Series 8 - Nieuport 28, Fokker E.V/D.VIII, Macchi M.5, Hannover CL.IIIa
    Specials - Caproni Ca.3, Gotha G.V, H-P O/400, Zeppelin Staaken R.VI
    In short, if it's been issued or reissued by Ares (not Nexus) in the WWI line, it's Fair Game.

Editing to collect nominations... (Further Edit: You may nominate one plane per Series and one Special, plus one additional Overall Most Wanted for a total of eight... IF you're willing to write that many Why We Need This's.)
    Series 1 SPAD XIII
    Esc. 169, Hay de Slade (Teaticket)
    Calabria (Marechallannes)
    Sopwith Camel
    Jordon (Shadowcat)
    MacLaren (Capt. Chum)
    Mantel (flash)
    Albatros D.Va (D.V also?)
    Jasta 69, Bohning (Boney10)
    Jasta 18, Monnington (Stumptonian)
    Jasta 40, Dilthey (greenalfonzo)
    Jasta 5, Wolff (Teaticket)
    Fokker F.I/Dr.I
    Voss (BB401)
    Jasta 11, Mohnicke (flash)
    Jacobs, 450/17 early "art" (Capt. Chum)
    Series 2 Sopwith Snipe Fokker D.VII
    JG nr II, Berthold (Teaticket)
    Airco DH4
    N0. 202 Sq. c/n N9557 (flash)
    LFG Roland C.II
    Series 5 Morane-Saulnier N
    Bayetto - flash
    Airco DH2
    29 Sq, McCudden (flash)
    Fokker E.III
    Boelcke - flash
    Halberstadt D.II
    Jasta 4, Bernert (Teaticket)
    Series 6 Sopwith Tripe Hanriot HD.1
    De Meulemeester (flash)
    Aviatik D.I SSW D.III
    Series 7 SPAD VII
    Pinsard (Teaticket)
    Boyau (Shadowcat)
    Albatros D.II (D.I also?) Bristol F.2B
    Atkey? & Gass (Shadowcat)
    Halberstadt CL.II
    Schlasta 15, Huffzky & Ehmann - flash
    Series 8 Nieuport 28 Fokker E.V/D.VIII Macchi M.5 Hannover CL.IIIa
    Specials Caproni Ca.3 Gotha G.V H-P O/400 Zeppelin Staaken R.VI
    Last edited by Diamondback; 05-17-2016 at 17:43.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

But

Ok then, Albatross DVa flown by Hans Bohning Jasta 69

Blue and white stripes with an ace near the tail

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ng_Herbert.jpg

Leutnant Hans Böhning, was a credited with 17 aerial victories. He served the German Empire first as an artilleryman, then as an aerial observer for artillery, as a fighter pilot, and finally as the Staffelführer of a fighter squadron.
    Upon completion of training, Böhning was transferred to Royal Prussian Jagdstaffel 36. He scored his first victory with them on 23 August 1917. He scored his fourth triumph with the unit on 27 October 1917. He was then transferred to Royal Bavarian Jagdstaffel 76 and scored his fifth win over opposing fighter planes on 1 December 1917. February, 1918, he had transferred to another Bavarian squadron, Jagdstaffel 79. Flying a Pfalz D.III with his initials painted aft of the cockpit. He would upgrade to a newer Albatros D.V with a fuselage ringed by blue and white stripes and decked by the ace of spades, its upper tail surfaces bearing both light and dark blue stripes he tallied another dozen victories, including three over enemy observation balloons. On 20 September 1918, he was wounded while using a Fokker D.VII to fight British Airco DH.9s over Soriel. On 1 November 1918, he was selected to command Bavarian Jagdstaffel 32; He was awarded both classes of the Iron Cross during his service.

So a vesatile pilot, flew Albatross/ Phalz for the greater amont of his victories.
    No official stripey Albatross Dv, Hans Bohning survived the Great War.
    Nice bright blue stripes as he was in a Bavarian Jasta, dont think there is one of those official either
    Last edited by Boney10; 05-03-2016 at 02:23.

So you've made a nomination. Good start, but *why* should he be chosen over the legions of other D.Va aces? (In math terms, this isn't just a "Write Final Answer" but a "Show Your Work" question. Tell us what you would tell Andrea and Roberto pleading your case why this specific pilot/plane are a Gotta Have It above all other contenders.)
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    So you've made a nomination. Good start, but *why* should he be chosen over the legions of other D.Va aces? (In math terms, this isn't just a "Write Final Answer" but a "Show Your Work" question. Tell us what you would tell Andrea and Roberto pleading your case why this specific pilot/plane are a Gotta Have It above all other contenders.)
    Point taken have ammended my entry

Rudolf Berthold, Jasta 15. Iconic pilot, Jasta commander, Jaggedgruppe commander and Jagdgeschwader 2 commander.
    Incredible career with 16 of his 44 victories flying one handed. On a different note I think it would be great for ARES to have Jasta/Squadron releases of 3 planes.

RudoltBertholdJ15.jpg

Se5a, flown by James McCudden

James Thomas Byford McCudden VC, DSO & Bar, MC & Bar, MM (28 March 1895 – 9 July 1918) was an English flying ace of the First World War and among the most highly decorated airmen in British military history.

Born in 1895 to a middle class family with military traditions, McCudden joined the Royal Engineers in 1910. Having an interest in mechanics he transferred to the Royal Flying Corps (RFC) in 1913 at which time he first came into regular contact with aircraft. At the outbreak of war in 1914 he flew as an observer before training as a fighter pilot in 1916.

McCudden claimed his first victory in September 1916. He claimed his fifth victory—making him an ace—on 15 February 1917. For the next six months he served as an instructor and flew defensive patrols over London. He returned to the frontline in summer 1917. That same year he dispatched a further 31 enemy aircraft while claiming multiple victories in one day on 11 occasions.

With his six British medals and one French, McCudden received more awards for gallantry than any other airman of British nationality serving in the First World War. He was also one of the longest serving. By 1918, in part due to a campaign by the Daily Mail newspaper, McCudden became one of the most famous airmen in the British Isles.

At his death he had achieved 57 aerial victories, placing him seventh on the list of the war's most successful aces. Just under two-thirds of his victims can be identified by name.[a] This is possible since, unlike other Allied aces, a substantial proportion of McCudden's claims were made over Allied-held territory.[2] The majority of his successes were achieved with 56 Squadron RFC and all but five fell while flying the S.E.5a.

(info courtesy of Wikipedia)

As Peter says, a Squadron release would be great, we could add Albert Ball's Se5 and Arthur Rhys Davies or Cecil Lewis.

A man who needs no introduction.
    Werner Voss' last triplane. Not the prettiest but surely one of the most significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Rudolf Berthold, Jasta 15. Iconic pilot, Jasta commander, Jaggedgruppe commander and Jagdgeschwader 2 commander.
    Incredible career with 16 of his 44 victories flying one handed. On a different note I think it would be great for ARES to have Jasta/Squadron releases of 3 planes.

RudoltBertholdJ15.jpg
    Now there's a good looking paint scheme.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

JB took the words right out of my mouth - McCudden's personal S.E.5a (8491 G), 1918 with four blades and a red spinner added from a German aircraft he shot down on 30 November 1917. Survived an earlier encounter with MvR and involved in Voss' last stand, a definite candidate in my book.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    JB took the words right out of my mouth - McCudden's personal S.E.5a (8491 G), 1918 with four blades and a red spinner added from a German aircraft he shot down on 30 November 1917. Survived an earlier encounter with MvR and involved in Voss' last stand, a definite candidate in my book.
    This is a great one

Ltn Kurt Monnington, Jasta 18

Jasta 18 Monnington 1.jpg

After serving with the army, he became a pilot and flew with FA62 before he joined Jasta 15 in1917, going then to Jasta 18 in the mass transfer of pilots in March 1918. In June, after he had scored two kills, Jasta 18 was moved to the Metz area, opposing the Americans, the French and the bombers of the Independent Air Force, who were raiding southern Germany. Monnington shot down six more aircraft – all from the IAF, two of witch collided in the fight on 13 August. He was awarded the Iron Cross 2nd Class on 14 June 1915, probably while with the army, and the Iron Cross 1st Class on 12 December 1917. He later received the Military Service Cross from the province of Wurttemburg.

Victories
    No....Date..........Plane...Location...Time...Unit
    1 .....11 May 1918...SE5a...Bailleul.......1825...J18
    2 (f) .5 June 1918...BF2b...N. Violaines...1205.....“
    3 (a) 31 July 1918...DH9...Grossblittersdorf.........“
    4 (b) 12 Aug 1918...DH9...Buhl-St Marie.............“
    5 (c) 13 Aug 1918...DH9...Arrich-Arnaville...1705..“
    6 (c) 13 Aug 1918...DH9...Arrich-Arnaville...1705..“
    7 (d) 10 Oct 1918...DH9...Priester Wood (Onville)..“
    8 (e) 23 Oct 1918...DH9...Fourasse Wood...1315...“

And because it looks really cool!

Jasta 18 Monnington 2.jpg

(actually I would settle for any J18 plane)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by johnbiggles View Post
    Se5a, flown by James McCudden

James Thomas Byford McCudden VC, DSO & Bar, MC & Bar, MM (28 March 1895 – 9 July 1918) was an English flying ace of the First World War and among the most highly decorated airmen in British military history.

Born in 1895 to a middle class family with military traditions, McCudden joined the Royal Engineers in 1910. Having an interest in mechanics he transferred to the Royal Flying Corps (RFC) in 1913 at which time he first came into regular contact with aircraft. At the outbreak of war in 1914 he flew as an observer before training as a fighter pilot in 1916.

McCudden claimed his first victory in September 1916. He claimed his fifth victory—making him an ace—on 15 February 1917. For the next six months he served as an instructor and flew defensive patrols over London. He returned to the frontline in summer 1917. That same year he dispatched a further 31 enemy aircraft while claiming multiple victories in one day on 11 occasions.

With his six British medals and one French, McCudden received more awards for gallantry than any other airman of British nationality serving in the First World War. He was also one of the longest serving. By 1918, in part due to a campaign by the Daily Mail newspaper, McCudden became one of the most famous airmen in the British Isles.

At his death he had achieved 57 aerial victories, placing him seventh on the list of the war's most successful aces. Just under two-thirds of his victims can be identified by name.[a] This is possible since, unlike other Allied aces, a substantial proportion of McCudden's claims were made over Allied-held territory.[2] The majority of his successes were achieved with 56 Squadron RFC and all but five fell while flying the S.E.5a.

(info courtesy of Wikipedia)

As Peter says, a Squadron release would be great, we could add Albert Ball's Se5 and Arthur Rhys Davies or Cecil Lewis.
    :thumbsup :McCudden would be my pick as well!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

McCudden is a great choice people, but as the original post says "no series 3 or 4", and the SE5a was series 4, a rethink may be needed....

I'll rerun this allowing Series 3 after Ares reprints it, ditto Series 4 after same--I did say this was a LONG RANGE research matter, right?

Working on a warped sense of logic that a series 5 reprint is coming along after series 4 then the option could be to build on the McCudden storyline with one of his 29 Sqn DH2 - serial 5985 in which he got hist first victory.... possibly the one he met MvR in and lived to tell the tale. I wonder how he would have fared if his gun had not been jammed ?
    You could also have 7858 in which he scored his next 3 victories or 6002 which he 'aced' on.
    Looks like he made ace, earned promotion and a MC in this period.

PS - And if they want some more DH2 ideas - The commander of No. 32 Squadron, Lionel Rees won the Victoria Cross flying the D.H.2 for single-handedly attacking a formation of ten German two-seaters on 1 July 1916, destroying two !
    Last edited by flash; 05-04-2016 at 22:51.

"He is wise who watches"

SE5a please. Pretty dissapointed I haven't been able to get my hands on Bishop & Dallas yet. McCudden certainly sounds like a deserving candidate aswell.

LOOP

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    But

Ok then, Albatross DVa flown by Hans Bohning Jasta 69

Blue and white stripes with an ace near the tail

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ng_Herbert.jpg

Leutnant Hans Böhning, was a credited with 17 aerial victories. He served the German Empire first as an artilleryman, then as an aerial observer for artillery, as a fighter pilot, and finally as the Staffelführer of a fighter squadron.
    Upon completion of training, Böhning was transferred to Royal Prussian Jagdstaffel 36. He scored his first victory with them on 23 August 1917. He scored his fourth triumph with the unit on 27 October 1917. He was then transferred to Royal Bavarian Jagdstaffel 76 and scored his fifth win over opposing fighter planes on 1 December 1917. February, 1918, he had transferred to another Bavarian squadron, Jagdstaffel 79. Flying a Pfalz D.III with his initials painted aft of the cockpit. He would upgrade to a newer Albatros D.V with a fuselage ringed by blue and white stripes and decked by the ace of spades, its upper tail surfaces bearing both light and dark blue stripes he tallied another dozen victories, including three over enemy observation balloons. On 20 September 1918, he was wounded while using a Fokker D.VII to fight British Airco DH.9s over Soriel. On 1 November 1918, he was selected to command Bavarian Jagdstaffel 32; He was awarded both classes of the Iron Cross during his service.

So a vesatile pilot, flew Albatross/ Phalz for the greater amont of his victories.
    No official stripey Albatross Dv, Hans Bohning survived the Great War.
    Nice bright blue stripes as he was in a Bavarian Jasta, dont think there is one of those official either
    This would be my choice to
    It is a beauty!
    I have loosely based my own Oeffag 253 on it.

As much as I would love a Voss or a Berthold McCudden's SE5a would be my preference also.

I made a 1/72 scale model of his red nosed aircraft (Revell I think) when I was a kid and it was one of my favourites.

Something you guys missed about "NOT YET on Series 4?" And we don't even HAVE a 253/"short nose" D.III sculpt AT ALL yet...

Gamers... I swear, y'all couldn't read and follow directions if it'd save your souls. :P

LOOP

Ok sorry maybe that came out wrong.
    The references to the 253 was that I did a Shapeway one just now that was based on Böhning's DVa
    Won't talk of it again
    Last edited by LOOP; 05-04-2016 at 12:30.

Nothin' personal, P-G--I wouldn't mind seeing a 253 released someday, as long as it's done right as a new fuselage sculpt. It'd be one more to extend a game that's already going to be hamstrung by running out of sculpts for one side well before the other. (And I'm sure your repaint is far better than anything I could do.)

My tee-off was intended or the guys who after having it noted repeatedly "Series 4 including SE5 not eligible this time" all they can think of is "SE5! SE5! WANT MY SE5 RITE NAO!!!" :P even after my assurance that when the time comes, I'll re-run this survey WITH Series 4 added.

LOOP

No offence taken

D'oh!!! Rule 1 read the thread from the beginning!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    D'oh!!! Rule 1 read the thread from the beginning!!
    Guilty

Hell, for all we know by the time this thread's got enough data to actually *do* anything with Series 4 and the Balloons may have become Ares-ized and eligible. I'm just for the moment trying to restrict it to "tooling in hand, right now."

Helmut Dilthey, commander of Jasta 40, 6 victories.

albatros_dv_eduard_1_48_ingram_bell_14.JPG

Sharp plane!

I don't have any particular reasons for the pilot, just that the plane would really pop on the game board.

Kev, that a D.III or a D.V/Va? Such info is a big help from angles that mask identifying features...

Just so you guys know, I don't mean to be a jerk, I'm just trying to be an effective "project manager" and keep the thread and data that will be harvested from it on point toward intended goal. Helping me help you is most appreciated.

If you hover over the pic it tells you it's an Eduard 1/48 D.V but if you search the picture the model is billed as 'Eduard 1/48 scale Albatros D.Va by Garfield Ingram'. He says in the detail on the model ".... Dilthey was a Saxon and as I found out and the flag is a simply of two equal bands green and white. These colours, he applied down the length of his aircraft and added to the tailplane and wheels."
    Last edited by flash; 05-04-2016 at 22:37.

"He is wise who watches"

Thanks, Dave--for some reason hover-text doesn't work on my machine. Editing OP accordingly.

Gamers... I swear, y'all couldn't read and follow directions if it'd save your souls. :P
    The only time a Gamer reads directions is when he's trying to rules-lawyer them.... >:)

Not a Value Adding contribution, Frenchy...

No, you're right, I should have specified the make. That it was a D.Va was clearer in another pic I first tried to post but didn't work. It's Dilthey's mid-1918 mount, presumably what he was shot down in (possibly by his own flak) while engaged with a DH.9. And he got 6 fighters in Jasta 27 before tallying an additional balloon in jasta 40.

Thanks for the fun topic, Diamondback. And a few of these posts need pics, guys!

Quite welcome, Kev--the inspiration was a similar "You get ONE new sculpt" thread over at the Anchorage that was actually, well, it may be presumptuous of me to say this but I believe Sails Wave 4's birth was in that one humble thread. My Old-Arse Eyes that are beyond even Coke-bottle lenses don't exactly help much either...

There's one thing this thread needs more than more pics: MORE POSTS! I'm hoping to see something like a half-dozen or maybe a few more candidates for each sculpt in a regular series before I move on to Phase Two... which will be asking the community to narrow them down to preferences for two "Primary" and one or two "Alternate" nominees for me to try to pitch to Ares.

I think you'd have to open it up to one vote for each sculpt to get that kind of response DB - I'm sure Ares would appreciate all the ideas as well as the top picks.

"He is wise who watches"

If we get it to a half-dozen or so per sculpt, then if there's a Ranked Choice Poll option I only need one question per sculpt (total four) and can do the entire series in a thread, if not it's a dozen questions per series broken down into one thread per sculpt. I need to tinker with the polling system more and see what it can do. Idea with all in one thread was to keep things neat and organized, because if I throw it out as "everybody barf out one Must Have for each sculpt" it's gonna be chaos trying to manage it all.

To get half a dozen suggestions per model you'll need 168 forum members to vote on an individual model, are that many actively interested ? Even one 'must have' vote per series might pump the numbers up as those interested are bound to have an opinion. Think you may struggle otherwise is all.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    To get half a dozen suggestions per model you'll need 168 forum members to vote on an individual model, are that many actively interested ? Even one 'must have' vote per series might pump the numbers up as those interested are bound to have an opinion. Think you may struggle otherwise is all.
    Good point, Dave. I'm reluctant to change the rules midcourse, but... How 'bout if we expand it to one from each eligible Series plus one overall "Need of Needs"?

I checked, and vBulletin doesn't offer Ranked Choice, so I'm gonna have to find a creative workaround.

I'd really go for the either of the 2/3 schemes Josef Jacobs flew. Notable by being the top Fokker Triplane ace of the war, he was still using them into late 1918. He was the last living recipient of the Pour Le Merite award, dying in 1978. And talk about some cool schemes! Who wouldn't want to fly one of these?

profile_fokker_dr1_03.jpg

cid_ABC45B14-01A9-4DF5-BC84-D478915214F3@ed_shawcable.jpg

mdp6432.jpg

I think I found a way to do a Ranked Choice... first choice in poll, second in text reply. Kev, that's now three, gonna have to have you cut it down to just one to officially record...

Since we have two choices... I like Monnington's Alb DVa but that one whould be an easy paint up. The other two are good choices, Bonhing and Dilthey but I like Kurt Wolf's Jasta 5 Albatros DV. (I don't want to paint this one!) He was an excellent pilot attaining a score of 33, at one point commanding Jasta 29 and later 11.

Albatros_Wolf.jpg

Let me rephrase... One in each series, plus one bonus "Most Important." So you can actually nominate eight, but only one each in six groups and two in the seventh. And your "MVP" doesn't have to be the same sculpt as any of your others.

Starting to think maybe I need to junk this thread and start over, fresh deal of the cards with all the technicalities you guys have forced clarification on up-front... then again, they'd just be replaced with a whole mew batch of Munchkin Rules Lawyering anyway.

Let me rephrase... One in each series, plus one bonus "Most Important." So you can actually nominate eight, but only one each in six groups and two in the seventh. And your "MVP" doesn't have to be the same sculpt as any of your others.

Starting to think maybe I need to junk this thread and start over, fresh deal of the cards with all the technicalities you guys have forced clarification on up-front... then again, they'd just be replaced with a whole mew batch of Munchkin Rules Lawyering anyway.
    Considering how much participation you are getting, one per series is better, but one per aircraft would be best. Ultimately only one can win anyway...

Actually, my goal was to be able to make recommendations ot two Primaries and an Alternate for each sculpt--some schemes are too intricate and complicated for Ares to attempt, and the idea is by having three "Fan Choice" picks per sculpt maybe we'll get at least *one*, two if we're really lucky. Though with the ratio of readers to participants in this thread so far, I find myself starting to wonder why I waste my time and effort...

Kelly, which one? Plain black with white Balkenkreuz, or the one with the fire-barfing whatever-the-heck-it-is?

I have 2 nominations for Spad VIIs. (Actually, suggestions for nominations for those who read this and haven't yet voted!)

One is the plane flown by Eugene Ballard, America's first black fighter pilot. He flew for the French, and was credited with a Fokker Dr.1 and Pfalz D.III. It's interesting that he claims his plane was painted overall blue, but that no one now believes him.:

bullardspad2.jpg

The second is the plane flown by Austen Crehore, who flew with the Lafayette Flying Corps. He had the entire side of his plane painted black with the grim reaper on it. He was credited with 2 victories as well. Cool scheme!

1917.spad94.the.grim.reaper.jpg

1917.spad.94.grim.reaper.insignia.jpg

Series 1 - Fokker Dr.1 - Eberhard Mohnicke Jasta 11 & KG II; 9 victories; WIA twice in 1918; Also commanded Jasta 11 a couple of times in 1918; died 14 Oct 1930 when test flying an aircraft.

Series 2 - Airco DH4 - N9557 of No.202 Squadron, RFC, if for no other reason than its “I’m thumbing my nose at you” artwork on the tail.
    This is a model by Scott Lyle on Modelling Madness site.
    Sorry, I haven't found out who the crew were.
    Last edited by flash; 05-09-2016 at 23:52.

"He is wise who watches"

Series 6 - Hanriot HD.1 -#30 ? Lt. André "Mystère"de Meulemeester, credited with eleven confirmed and nineteen unconfirmed aerial victories.
    During the war, he had flown 511 combat sorties, engaged in 185 aerial fights, and been wounded twice.

"He is wise who watches"

*&^^%$.....Pilot is Albert Ball with 44 kills and in one of his last fights shot down Lothar Von Richthofen who survived unwounded.

Problem is his plane line up
    RafBE2c...not made yet
    Bristol Scout...not made yet
    Nieu 16...not made
    Nieu 17....Season 3/4
    Se5a...season 3/4

GRRR...he needs to be a plane but we need the season 3/4 planes freed up..

OK...rant over.....

Like that Hanriot Dave, but hope they fix the model if they do it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. A nice pick up
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 05:33
  2. Pick and Pluck foam order?
    By Rat of Vengence in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 21:51
  3. Pick the Camel profile for the T-shirt!
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-13-2011, 03:40
  4. Pick the Dr.I profile for the first T-shirt!
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 07:48
  5. How do you pick your plane?
    By chub in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-07-2010, 11:55