Ares Games

Thread: Career Deck Promo Pack

Default Career Deck Promo Pack

Wings of Glory: WW1 - Career Deck Promo Pack

http://boardgamegeekstore.com/produc...eck-promo-pack

With this promo pack, you can add historical Ace pilots to your Wings of Glory games, and meet them at various points of their career!
    The Career Deck is the perfect complement to the Ace Cards Promo Pack and to the Ace cards included in the Kickstarter edition of Giants of the Sky.
    The Ace Cards included in this pack present real WW1 pilots and giving to each of them a selection of Ace abilities based on actual historical documents of their fighting skills.
    The pack includes cards for many famous personalities of WW1, including the following with their ace cards and skill cards:
     GEORGES GUYNEMER (level 6, 8, 9, 10)
     WILLIAM FREDERICK JAMES HARVEY (level 3,4)
     ROBERT ALEXANDER LITTLE (level 2, 4, 5)
     OSWALD BOELKE (level 8)
     FRANK LINKE–CRAWFORD (level 4)
     MANFRED VON RICHTHOFEN (level 1,2,3,4)

How many different aces and career pack are there?

I'm curious. The companion to this: Wings of Glory Ace Cards says:

Each Ace is represented by a card with his photo, indicating the period in his career which is represented by the card's abilities, as well as historical data about him (including the number of recorded victories), and his skills.
    But MvR even at Level 1 lists his kills as 80. I like that they put the dates but an increasing kill count would have been nice.

It shows the total number of recorded victories for the pilot, not those for the level shown.
    They get an ace skill per 5 victories, so following that logic Level 5 MvR would have between 25-30 victories between the dates shown for that level - the 9th-24th Marsch 1917 - which he did. Therefore level 6 would be 30-35, level 7 is 35-40 and so on.

"He is wise who watches"

And you can get those decks at the Aerodrome Accessories shop for only $5

Or in Australia from me for about the same price but cheaper postage. I recommend outside Australia, go for Herr Oberst's shop. Even within Australia, if you're ordering any other product from Aerodrome Accessories, his price would be better as there's no postage.

Andrea perhaps you can help; the Kickstarter Edition of the four Giant Planes came with a 'Deck of Ace and Skill Cards' and 'Deck of Crew Skill Cards'. Might anyone know:

A) The contents of these two decks? In my excitement to open everything I threw everything together.
    B) Will they be available as a non-exclusive?

Thank you,

The ace skills cards will have pics/names of the aces they apply to on the reverse of them - the crew skill cards don't so you should be able to separate them easily Ken.

"He is wise who watches"

Yep. I have the Crew Abilities. I was curious which pilots and their skills were different.

Similar Missions

1. Carreer promo pack
    By Angiolillo in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-07-2016, 21:26
  2. Ace cards promo pack available at Noble Knight
    By phililphall in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-15-2014, 23:36
  3. Ace Cards Promo Pack 2
    By Nightbomber in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6