Ares Games

Thread: Airfix Quickbuilds

Default Airfix Quickbuilds

Delighted to find these just out here in the states - a cross over from plastic models to Legos style snap togethers but with smooth surfaces! Perfect for that grandchild/grandparent bonding/addicting activity . . . : )

Several models are available, but I will use the 2 Spits and 2 109's to afflict my grands! Of course I will need one each to "test" the waters as it may be . . .

First acquisition the desert 109

Looks like it will work to bring them through from legos to models to minis?

Thumbs up

Looks perfect to grab their interest in Aviation gaming. Cross between Lego & kits!

LOOP

What scale is it? 1:72?

Airfix don't quote a scale but it has been described as about 1/48 on a modeller forum.

"He is wise who watches"

LOOP

That's a little bigger than "normal"

Look quite presentable though:
    Coming soon apparently !

"He is wise who watches"

Thats what I need quick and easy, no photo etch. They would be great for kids

Have to say they are actually pretty nice pieces, will have to check them out over here

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Wingspan of the 109e will be just over 10" so it is bigger than 1/48" scale . . . I will confirm when I am home and have it "together" . . .

They are good looking models.

They are already available in the U.K.. It did not take me long to find this supplier, not that I will be buying any. http://www.newmodellersshop.co.uk/ai...uick_build.htm

Never mind the kids, I want to get a bunch so I can play with them in the Bath Tub!! Oooops, forgot I was not 8 years old again!

Be 8 as long as you can! I have a set of bolt together WWI planes that line the top of my office book shelves, they are a great help in talking kids of all ages through their troubles and trials, and they are deductible! So I will be getting the whole set, just need another book case or two . . . I am very impressed with the engineering - the parts actually part on the camo paint lines, which make them sharp and neat - hard to explain but when you see it you will see it.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    . . . I am very impressed with the engineering - the parts actually part on the camo paint lines, which make them sharp and neat - hard to explain but when you see it you will see it.
    Not at all; you described it perfectly. Very much like a puzzle that. A very slick bit of design thought.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Desert 109e from the box, easy, fun and doable on major "brain" drugs!

Will be looking for a few more stickers to add to theirs!

Flip side

Great build for little hands, I will put in in for elvish detailing soon . . .

Now to acquire the rest of the release!

LOOP

So now we are waiting on some WW1-birds

Similar Missions

1. Airfix 1/72 BE2c
    By flash in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2015, 11:44
  2. Airfix Dogfigher
    By Ducalutra in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-06-2015, 09:26