Ares Games

Thread: Norwich on May 1 - Diceni

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Barry
    Sorties Flown

Default Norwich on May 1 - Diceni

Is anyone going to be in central Norwich for the Diceni show?

I see they are running a Wings of war/Glory table…

http://www.diceni.co.uk/this-years-show/

Bit far for me I'm afraid

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Barry
    Sorties Flown

It's about 22 miles for me!

238 for me sorry

This is the first I have heard about it. If I attend, it cannot be until the afternoon. I will be at church in the morning.

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Barry
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    This is the first I have heard about it. If I attend, it cannot be until the afternoon. I will be at church in the morning.
    Yes, it has rather sneaked out hasn't it? I only found it during an internet search.

Barry

Yes the game is being run by the New Buckenham Historical Wargamers, of which I'm a member. The show is free entry and open to the general public at the Forum in the city centre. It is planned that the game will be an open participation game.
    Last edited by Jabba; 04-26-2016 at 05:17.

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Barry
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Jabba View Post
    Yes the game is being run by the New Buckenham Historical Wargamers, of which I'm a member. The show isfree entry and open to the general public at the Forum in the city centre. It is planned that the game will be an open participation game.
    Although the website calls you the New Buckingham I did manage to find you online. That's a nice castle which you have in town!

http://www.heritage.norfolk.gov.uk/r...tails?mnf44378

I will try to get to the event if I can.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by 'Warspite' View Post
    Although the website calls you the New Buckingham I did manage to find you online. That's a nice castle which you have in town!
    The club website is a bit out of date I'm afraid, the Facebook page is kept updated regularly.
    Name:  facebook_logo_detail.gif
Views: 188
Size:  696 BytesNew Buckenham Historical Wargamers
    Last edited by Jabba; 04-26-2016 at 07:48.

Tony, do you know the programme that New Buckenham Historical Wargamers will be following on 1st May, please? What I mean is, at what times will you be playing WGF, WGS and SoG, please? Would you like/allow people to bring their own models?

Only planning on doing WGF (ww1) as far as I know as this is the period the club currently plays. So various games of this throughout the day to introduce people to the game as well as talk about the other things the club does. Shouldn't think there would be a problem with bringing your own models, will check with the guy organising if he doesn't see this thread first.

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Barry
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Jabba View Post
    Only planning on doing WGF (ww1) as far as I know as this is the period the club currently plays. So various games of this throughout the day to introduce people to the game as well as talk about the other things the club does. Shouldn't think there would be a problem with bringing your own models, will check with the guy organising if he doesn't see this thread first.
    I was not going to bring my own models as that would be gate-crashing someone else's event in my book. I may swing by and may try for a game.

Barry
    Last edited by 'Warspite'; 04-26-2016 at 13:26.

Hi Tony.
    Good to have you on the Drome.
    I just sent you a welcome message.
    Don't forget to say hello to the chaps on the Report for Duty thread.
    Fly safe and enjoy your show this coming weekend.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I am sorry, Tony. I overlooked that you were new to the site. Welcome to the Aerodrome. Please feel free to ask questions about the game and aircraft. The people here are very friendly.

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Barry
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    I am sorry, Tony. I overlooked that you were new to the site. Welcome to the Aerodrome. Please feel free to ask questions about the game and aircraft. The people here are very friendly.

I also say welcome!

Nice to have met you David (Naharaht), sorry we were going very basic with the rules today.

Tony.

Must admit this was a new one to me, and was not a show we have put on anything in the past.
    Hope it all went well, any pics?

Naharaht had his camera with him and took a few i believe, a few knocking around on the Diceni facebook page.

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Barry
    Sorties Flown

I regret that, only 20+ miles away, I was unable to make it.

Barry

It was good to meet you and your friends too, Tony. Do not worry about the game being basic. That is appropriate when trying to attract new players. I was glad of a game because I have not played in quite a while. I will post some photographs soon.

Glad that you had a good time.
    I will also look forward to any forthcoming photographs.
    Rob.

I have put my photographs in an album on my Profile page.

The games were played with 'cut down' basic rules. All guns did A damage. The Damage deck had the 0's , 1's and the Boom card removed. There were no gun jams.

The Entente had a D.H.4, a Sopwith Triplane and a SPAD XIII. The Central Powers had a Fokker D.VII, a Fokker Dr.I and a Roland C.II.
    In the following game the Entente had to send its D.H.4 to photograph an objective near the town and return home with its photographs.

Here are a few photographs. There are more in my album.
    Attached Images               

Nics pics of the action David, looks like a good day

Good pics David, in hindsight I think we should have taken the cloths off the tables before putting the mats down, they may not have slipped as much. But all in all a successful day, lots of people tried the game for the first time, a few of whom are looking to buy it now. May have a few more players for our club games when they happen too.

Tony.

Looks like a fine day was had by you all Dave.
    Thank you chaps for flying the flag at yet another new event.
    Just a reminder that any claims for medals for cons should come to me from the organizer for ratification. State user name, level of award and which show please.
    Rob.

Well done chaps

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Nice pics of the game David, did you get much interest from the public?
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    did you get much interest from the public?
    Yes we did Neil, had people playing most of the day and a few watchers who asked quite a few questions. One lady headed off to source kit to start playing as a present for her husband. A few of the others I am expecting to see at our club night the next time a game of WGF is scheduled in.

Tony.