Ares Games

Thread: Road trip to the Tri-State Warbird Museum

Default Road trip to the Tri-State Warbird Museum

Alright everyone, we need to make a road trip to the http://www.tri-statewarbirdmuseum.org/.
    I've been there once before and had a great time. All the planes are totally rebuilt to fly.

Thomas

Someday I might get there, pictures will have to do until then

It looks a good place to visit but it is a bit far for me.

Based on their website, it looks like a cool museum. Do they have air show events similar to the Warbirds at the Beach show at the Military Aviation Museum in Virginia Beach?

This has been brought up before; it's the usual time/money issues. It would be great to get a "fly-in" going, but when?
    Given that we (BGIF) have Dawn Patrol in Sept/Oct. and Origins in June, this year might be tough.
    I'd like folks to come out and visit the MAPS museum just to the south at Akron/Canton airport sometime:
    http://mapsairmuseum.org/
    The Collings Foundation Wings of Freedom Tour will be there August 12-14 with a B-17, B-24 and P-51C. (no B-25 like last year, according to the site).

Too many sites, not enough time.

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by ptownhiker View Post
    Based on their website, it looks like a cool museum. Do they have air show events similar to the Warbirds at the Beach show at the Military Aviation Museum in Virginia Beach?
    I know they send their planes out to airshows. The last time I was there a Mitchell was going to the Doolittle get together.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    This has been brought up before; it's the usual time/money issues. It would be great to get a "fly-in" going, but when?
    Given that we (BGIF) have Dawn Patrol in Sept/Oct. and Origins in June, this year might be tough.
    I'd like folks to come out and visit the MAPS museum just to the south at Akron/Canton airport sometime:
    http://mapsairmuseum.org/
    The Collings Foundation Wings of Freedom Tour will be there August 12-14 with a B-17, B-24 and P-51C. (no B-25 like last year, according to the site).

Too many sites, not enough time.

Karl
    That sounds good too Karl.

Similar Missions

1. Ohio: Trip to National Museum of the U.S. Air Force
    By predhead in forum US Wing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-01-2013, 11:52
  2. My first trip to the National Museum of the US Air Force
    By MoonSylver in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-25-2013, 15:16
  3. Another rare warbird sees the light of day in a museum!
    By Baldrick62 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-29-2012, 12:02
  4. Gaming Road Trip
    By Charlie3 in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 15:53
  5. The Cowman's Trip to the National Museum of USAF.
    By The Cowman in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-20-2010, 16:57