Ares Games

Thread: Second Chance for Kickstarter Products

Default Second Chance for Kickstarter Products

Ares, as is prudent, sent a number of "extras" to the distributor, to cover breakages, losses in transit etc.

Now that all orders have been fulfilled, there are a very limited number of these products left over. I'll certainly be buying some of them!

What we have is this:

UPDATED 20 May 2016

Handley-Page O/400 (RNAS)- KS Edition 3
    Handley-Page O/400 (RAF) - KS Edition 3
    Zeppelin Staaken R.VI (Schoeller)- KS Edition 4
    Zeppelin Staaken R.VI (Schilling)- KS Edition 1
    WW1 Wings of Glory Rules & Accessories Pack 6
    Sopwith Camel (Elwood) 6
    Fokker DR.I (von Richthofen) 6
    Spad XIII (Madon) 6
    Aviatik D.I (Sabeditsch) 6
    WW1 Ace & Skill Cards Promo Deck 23
    WW1 Aces - Career Deck 22
    WW1 Giants of the Sky Game Mats (set of 4) 8
    WW1 Airplane Comparison Chart - Poster 9
    Snoopy 2
    Prop Rulers (Set of 2) 1
    Standard Special Damage Markers (1 Flame + 1 Smoke) 2
    Bomber Special Damage Markers (1 Flame + 1 Smoke + 2 3D Engine Damage markers). 0
    Bomber Crew Damage tokens (Set of 12 tokens + 2 3D Engine Damage markers). 2
    Bomber Extended Crew Damage tokens (Set of 16 tokens + 2 3D Engine Damage markers). 2

If you want some of these, please tell me. I may have to buy them as a job lot then sell them as best I can. Since no FLGS in the country are carrying them, I may put them "on consignment" to Jolt games.
    Last edited by Zoe Brain; 05-20-2016 at 05:01.

I have been trying to place an order since last night but I can't get it to go through.

Oh? Your not talking about the Aerodrome Store?

What are the career decks Zoe - sounds intriguing?

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    What are the career decks Zoe - sounds intriguing?
    See the link here Chris posted by Andrea:
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...eer-promo-pack

"He is wise who watches"

If you want anything - contact me. Prices will be the same as those on the Aerodrome, (I'll be paying in USD) though postage should be cheaper, and delivery faster. As far as I know the Aerodrome doesn't have any of the Kickstarter Staakens or HPs left, but I'd recommend you go there to support him as a general rule.

The point is, these are already in Australia, and cost to ship them back overseas would be prohibitive.

Hi Zoe,

PM sent. Dan (Slexlaw) is looking for a WGF Rules and Accessories Park, I have also PMed him to contact you.

Cheers,

Carl.

Nothing received as yet.

Quote Details
    Amount Payable: AUD 1,721.48
    recipient gets: USD 1,293.00
    Rate: AUD/USD 0.7577
    Total OFX fees: AUD 15.00
    Cost excl. fees: AUD 1,706.48

I won't be making any profit on this - this is just to spread the hobby. I'm therefore not in a position to offer further discounts to wholesalers beyond the cost price (to me). A KS Zep would cost a retailer about $80 AUD to buy, as that's how much it's costing me.

Money is being transfered now. Just over $1700 AUD (ULP!). OTOH I've had orders already for about 10% of that.

Hi Zoe,

I sent you a PM last week about buying some of the product from you.

Let me know how you want me to pay and I will settle up.

Cheers,

Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Hi Zoe,

I sent you a PM last week about buying some of the product from you.

Let me know how you want me to pay and I will settle up.

Cheers,

Carl.
    I really have to wait till I take delivery of the goods before I can start taking payment for them, and sending them! BPAY to my account should be the cheapest option, if you have online banking facilities.

I should be receiving them no later than Friday, and most probably Thursday afternoon. Once I've checked them, I'll send BPAY bank details to those who have ordered them, and get them off. Shipment via either Aust Post or Sendle, whatever's cheapest.

Still haven't received the goods, and I'm a little busy with other matters right now. I've contacted good games to find out what's happening, and should at least get a tracking number from them. I may not be able to deal with it immediately.

FINALLY... only 2 weeks behind schedule... I've actually got the goods in hand. A few minor changes - one Rookie Pack had to be sent out, I only received 4 Extended Bomber Crew Damage not 5, but I received 4 Bomber Crew Damage, and an extra set of prop rulers.

Please email me at aebrain@webone.com.au for orders. I already have a few via PM on this site, and will be checking those and sending things out either tomorrow or monday.

Funds transferred Zoe, thanks again for all your efforts.

Cheers,

Carl.

And.. the first O/400s plus extras have taken off! One to Queensland, one to New Zealand. I'm now out of bomber flame/smoke packs.

And another RNAS O/400 to a local in Canberra who came to pick it up.
    Last edited by Zoe Brain; 05-13-2016 at 02:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    And.. the first O/400s plus extras have taken off! One to Queensland, one to New Zealand. I'm now out of bomber flame/smoke packs.

And another RNAS O/400 to a local in Canberra who came to pick it up.
    Thanks for your help and support of the game Zoe! It was a pleasure.

I might - emphasis on the "might" - be able to get some of the new mats directly from China, through Ares. If I order 18, then postage should (if my calculations are correct) be about $15 AUD each in bulk. I can't see them costing much less than $60 AUD each with postage from Canberra to the rest of the country.

Hi Zoe,

Hope all is well. I would certainly be interested in some of the new mats if you do get them.

Smile

Hi Zoe!
    Hope things have settled down somewhat on the Home Front.

I too would buy one of each of the New Mats (No Mans Land & Industrial Complex) if your deal eventuates.

Hi Zoe,

I already have two each of the paper maps...but I will still need to buy at least one each of the official rubberised versions.

Put me down as well if you please.

Cheers,

Carl.

Payment has been received from everyone except COD orders (overseas). Goods have all arrived or are in transit.

I'll see if I can arrange to have some starter sets (RAP, 4 aircraft, set of mats) available at Wintercon, either through Jolt games or outside the con itself. I'm not allowed to sell on-site without buying a huckster table, nor even to advertise. But if someone asks me where to buy, without prompting, that's OK as long as it's off-site .

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Hi Zoe, hope you are well.

On behalf of Yell who is interested are any of the Kickstarter Zeppelin Staakens still available please? I think she is wanting to know which version(s) is / are still available before deciding which one to go for.

She is still having access problems and so is unable to ask herself. Yell has also seen the photographs of me trying to find space to park my first Staaken following it's arrival. NOT an easy job in a 10 ft x 12 ft box room full of airliners!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonx View Post
    On behalf of Yell who is interested are any of the Kickstarter Zeppelin Staakens still available please? I think she is wanting to know which version(s) is / are still available before deciding which one to go for.
    I have one Schilling (lozenged) and 4 Schoeller (blue) left, though one of the Schoellers and the Schilling have a hold on until I hear back from the prospective buyer.

I can certainly reserve one Schoeller for her.

Cost with postage about $100 AUD, depending on insurance and method of delivery. I can send to Brisbane via Sendle w Insurance, AustPost w/o Insurance, or Aust Post with Insurance. Base price $80 AUD. It's a bit cheaper to send an O/400, they come in under a critical size limit, the Stacken is just over.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Thank you for the update Zoe. Likely that I will actually be buying Yell's choice for her as a birthday present if that can be arranged: I'll pay but the aircraft would be shipped direct to Yell in Brisbane.

I think the O/400 may be a better option for her too - it's smaller and easier to handle as a Fairly New Player. Also having one KS Staaken but not the other doesn't leave Yell with half a map of London and no hope of getting the other half if she cannot obtain the other KS Staaken.

Will let you know - Much Appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Tonx View Post
    Also having one KS Staaken but not the other doesn't leave Yell with half a map of London and no hope of getting the other half if she cannot obtain the other KS Staaken.
    I also have sets of 4 maps for $10... they could be included without an increase in postage for the Stacken, but would increase the postage for the O/400 to Stacken levels.

For how much for a set of 4 maps with postage to UK please?

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    For how much for a set of 4 maps with postage to UK please?

Neil
    $10 AUD for the maps, $8.20 AUD for a flat rate envelope Aust Post Economy Air. $22.90 AUD postage if via registered mail.

So call it about ten quid, economy air. 16.50 if registered.

Could you pm me your paypal Zoe (?) and I'll get onto this ASAP.Neil

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

In case anybody else was not aware Ares Games are now listing both versions of the HP O/400 and Zeppelin Staaken R VI as out of production on their website.

Now hoping I can get the other two of these which I need in the UK! As in the Scholler Edition Staaken and the RNAS Edition HP O/400.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Ares will not produce the Giants for a long time as it was really the kickstarter that 'kicked' this one off, wihtout which there wouldnt be any Giants. I'm sure the production run was to cover customers, members and business alike to get in a one time order, or a long long wait until a reprint.

I am so glad I got my 2 kickstarters

Similar Missions

1. A chance to own a piece of history.
    By Naharaht in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-11-2014, 16:05
  2. A chance meeting
    By grumpybear in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-18-2013, 04:02
  3. AAR: Bailey's second chance