Ares Games

Thread: Heading over the ditch

Default Heading over the ditch

G'day my fellow ANZACS,

I'm heading to Sydney this Thursday, do any of you guys know the best shop with the biggest selection of Wings of War/Glory stuff? Somewhere as close to the City Centre would be ideal as we are staying in Darling Harbour and won't have a rental car.

5 days after that I'm heading to Sunshine Coast so if anyone knows a good hobby store that stocks WoG could they please let me know.

Thanks!

Sam.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Canestri10 View Post
    G'day my fellow ANZACS,

I'm heading to Sydney this Thursday, do any of you guys know the best shop with the biggest selection of Wings of War/Glory stuff? Somewhere as close to the City Centre would be ideal as we are staying in Darling Harbour and won't have a rental car.

5 days after that I'm heading to Sunshine Coast so if anyone knows a good hobby store that stocks WoG could they please let me know.

Thanks!

Sam.
    G'day Sam!
    Sadly I dont think any Games Stores in Sydney have any WoG stock that I am aware of.

Regarding Brisbane. Check out Carl_Brisgamers post in the Aussie section re a Games meet as he gives a couple of stores there that have stock.
    Might I suggest you send him a PM & maybe you can meet up.

Enjoy your Visit.

Cheers Baz.

G'day my fellow ANZACS,

Thanks!

Sam.
    Hi Sam

I have just returned from Sydney. I could only find one games shop in the CBD and they had nothing remotely related to WoG - all Warhammer etc. Even the big hobby shop in the Queen Victoria Building (Hobbyco) had nothing - although the building itself (and Hobbyco) is well worth a visit! Also check out Elite Miniatures, shop 18 on level 2.

Cheers Barry, I'll give Carl a bell and see what he knows although I'm only in Brisbane for half a day so may be a little tight on time.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    G'day Sam!
    Sadly I dont think any Games Stores in Sydney have any WoG stock that I am aware of.

Regarding Brisbane. Check out Carl_Brisgamers post in the Aussie section re a Games meet as he gives a couple of stores there that have stock.
    Might I suggest you send him a PM & maybe you can meet up.

Enjoy your Visit.

Cheers Baz.

Thanks Wayne, that's what I feared. Oh well worth a shot.

Cheers Barry, I'll give Carl a bell and see what he knows although I'm only in Brisbane for half a day so may be a little tight on time.

Hi Sam,

Ace Comics on Ipswich Road Annerley (southside of Brisbane) have some WGF and WGS.

I was there on the weekend and from what I can recall they have the following:

- WGF: 1 Belgian RE8, 2 DH4's, 3 UFAG C.Is, 3 Morane Bullets, 1 Italian Caproni bomber, 1 Fokker Dr.1
    - WGS: 2 Grumman Martlets, 2 Mitsubishi Zeros, 3 Aichi D3A Vals, 1 Heinkel He-111, 1 Italian Ju-87R Stuka, 2 Reggiane fighters, 1 Fw190D

Fastbreak Sports on the northside of Brisbane (1 Chapel Street Nundah) have 1 Zero, 1 Italian D520, 1 Breguet BR.17 and 3 USAS DH.4's.

Cheers,

Carl.

Hi Sam,

I have your Regia Aeronautica Stuka, see you in a week.

Cheers,

Carl.

Hi everyone,

For those interested, I'm currently visiting Brisbane and dropped into FastBreak Sports. Unfortunately the staff didn't seem to have heard of Wings of Glory and nor was there evidence of any stock? Perhaps I picked the wrong day and was just unlucky.

I plan on visiting Ace Comics tomorrow and will let you know what I find.

Ashley

Hi Ash,

Fastbreak do have some stock, but if the owner Paul was not there the 'hired help' are not all that helpful.

I was in last week and they had USAS DH4s, a Bregeut, D.520 and a Zero. As well as one of the original Wing of War maps.

If you are going to Ace Comics they have more stock. That section of the business is run by another Paul but he is not there all the time.

What time are you going to visit? I can contact him and find out when he will be in the shop today.

Cheers,

Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Hi Sam,

I have your Regia Aeronautica Stuka, see you in a week.

Cheers,

Carl.
    Awesome. Thanks Carl.

Still on schedule for ANZAC day evening. I'll txt you.

Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Hi Ash,

Fastbreak do have some stock, but if the owner Paul was not there the 'hired help' are not all that helpful.

I was in last week and they had USAS DH4s, a Bregeut, D.520 and a Zero. As well as one of the original Wing of War maps.

If you are going to Ace Comics they have more stock. That section of the business is run by another Paul but he is not there all the time.

What time are you going to visit? I can contact him and find out when he will be in the shop today.

Cheers,

Carl.
    Carl,

Thanks so much for your help - I wish I'd read your message before going to the shop! Luckily I was handed Paul's card, and on the next trip (hopefully less time-constrained) I'll be sure to contact him directly.

Ashley

Similar Missions

1. California heading west
    By sctodd in forum US Wing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2015, 02:52
  2. Heading out on a big recon sortie
    By steel_ratt in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-21-2011, 05:08
  3. Heading off to Historicon (Valley Forge, PA) tomorrow
    By rcboater in forum Officer's Club