Ares Games

Thread: Kyushu J7N Shinden

Default Kyushu J7N Shinden

"Magnificent Lightning" struck Surprise last night, and after priming them, the search for colors began . . .

Green, silver or . . . BLACK!

Which will it be? Stay Tuned . . .

"I always wanted me one that was long and black." - JC

Hmmm, I wonder what colors I picked . . .

An overwhelmingly hard paint scheme.

Sinister; I like them.
    Now, of course, I need to add these to the to-do list for stats
    Zoe: any thoughts on how the unconventional CoG would effect what maneuver cards we'd use?
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Today, I stumbled upon a book or two at the Comox Air Force Museum that were of serious interest. Awesome line drawing of planes, in three view format. With planes from the 1912's. Like "British Bombers" and "Japanese Fighters".

I was trying to justify buying them, and not doing well, considering the upcoming release of planes. Then, a light bulb came on. I am volunteering in a facility that has one of the largest research aviation library in western Canada. And they have a scanner! They had the two I was eying, but they were on the sale rack, because we already had them in the library, and probably in better condition. So, I went looking for more. There were lots more, of all sorts of planes, from before WWI to after WWII. So, why buy them. Just scan the drawings I want, if they are there.

Like this one:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kyushu J7W1_Lines_600dpi.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	212286

So, cards might be more possible, if I go check the museum for the drawings I want. And I can get them at ridiculously high resolution (600+ dpi), if I want, rather than some of the garbage that is put on the 'net (72 dpi) that I try to make do with.

Guys on the Forum will benefit, but my workload has to get "clipper-ish", if I want any time for Real Life.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

There is already a card in the Files section, Mike, look here http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...p?do=cat&id=79

The card probably needs a different movement deck letter now.

I have always liked the futuristic look of these planes but it was a good thing for the Allies that they neveer entered service.