Ares Games
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Late War Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Hi Joe,

The spreadsheet for Entente players here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...=2&pli=1#gid=2 - on the 'Bulldogs Late OTT' sheet has two squadrons with your name beside them. The Bulldogs Squadron are your pilots, the Kaiser's Eagles Squadron are your opponents.

You can assign your Bulldogs pilots as you see fit, but you can only actually control one aircraft per scenario. For example in the current OTT mission although the Entente fields 2 scouts and 2 two seaters only one of them is actually controlled by you, the others are played using the AI rules templates (or app). The Central Powers aircraft are also AI controlled but you can assign any of 'your' German pilots to those aircraft.

Does that help?
    For Bitter End mission 1, the Entente fly both 2 seaters as a scenario exception to the rule where players fly one plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    For Bitter End mission 1, the Entente fly both 2 seaters as a scenario exception to the rule where players fly one plane.
    Carl- thanks now I see it. That clears it up!

Peter- understood - that's the way I read the mission.

Cheers!

Here are the pertinent bits from the rules thread, not sure I can make them any clearer:

Pilot usage:
    It is usual, unless stated otherwise in the scenario, that you only fly as one of your pilots in a mission, everything else is handled by the AI....

....You can chop and change between which pilot you want to fly from mission to mission as you like.
    I have added this in the hope that clarifies the enemy pilot usage ?
    You will have enemy pilots assigned to you lower down your sides roster that you can assign to enemy aircraft as you wish - but - please use scouts for scouts and crews for the two-seater's - as their medals are tallied differently. If you think you don't have enough pilots/crew PM flash and more will be assigned.
    Thanks for the idea Joe.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Is there a place to find the links to the original OTT Late War scenarios?

Thanks Dave. Don't know why I never noticed that!

Early Doors will be going the same way, the rules have already to save confusion with the new version.

Don't forget lads that Bitter End scenarios 1 & 2 are connected. Chris and I would appreciate it if you could get mission #1 done in a timely manner before the 30th as much as you can. Thanks.

Mine is played.
    Just need a few days to put the AAR together.

Like all our battles, nothing is set in stone. Get it done if you can. You will still be able to play BE mission #2, but not until you finish mission 1 first.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Pete is spot on of course Bob, by all means have a ready roster of your own on standby for when the need arises.
    I say Flash Old Man these Boche types have been giving the RFC a bit of a pummelling of late. With the next Big Show coming up I will need at least one other two seater crew added to my RFC OPFOR roster. At the moment I can only field one full crew due to Cpl. Tilton still hiding out in a Belgian barn.

Much appreciated.

2Lt Henry Corey & Cpl Peter Wilson have reported for duty Carl.

2Lt Henry Corey & Cpl Peter Wilson have reported for duty Carl.
    Thanks Dave.

Dragonfly

Hi Gents,

New to the forum and the game, but is it too late to get in on this solo campaign? Fully understandable if the zeppelin has left the station, but I figured I'd ask.

Hi Sverre, no, it's not too late at all.
    Have a read through this thread and the Bitter End Campaign Rules sticky thread linked here so you know what you're letting yourself in for, then PM me which side you'd like to fly for, and the names of your pilots and crews so I can set you up on the roster. And welcome by the way !

Beinvenue Sverre Whatever side you choose they are a great set of chaps.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Welcome, Sverre.
    The Campaign is a lot of fun - I am sure you'll enjoy it.

Sverre has joined the ranks of the Kaiser's Eagles, welcome to the fray Sverre.

Good to have you on board Sverre We will change history and win the war

Dragonfly

Thanks guys. I'll do my best for the honor of the Eagles.

Today Uncle will be in a galaxy far, far, away.... try not to wreck the place

Uncle has been joined by Onkel ....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uncle Outside.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	200091 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Onkel.jpg 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	200092

But tomorrow Onkel will not be allowed to enter the independant State of England as he will be an illegal

Independent state ? You've been away too long, it's a Kingdom dear chap !

But this is swerving into politics so we shall desist.

Can we have a referendum on that .

Only Quoting Boris with his Independence day sound bite.

Dragonfly

I just recieved enough planes from eBay to be able to play the first campaign mission (since I joined here pretty late), but won't be able to get it played an AAR'ed untill over the weekend.
    I see the second mission is now up- so, should I just jump straight to mission two (to not fall further behind) or would it be ok to play the first still, even if that means I'm lagging?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I just recieved enough planes from eBay to be able to play the first campaign mission (since I joined here pretty late), but won't be able to get it played an AAR'ed untill over the weekend.
    I see the second mission is now up- so, should I just jump straight to mission two (to not fall further behind) or would it be ok to play the first still, even if that means I'm lagging?
    Hi Sverre Best to play the first mission as its outcome decides your part in the second.
    Don't worry about being behind in games , it happens to us all and you get them all flown in the end.

Welcome to the campaign Sverre. As Paul stated, play the first mission so you have a chance to have it connect into mission 2. Not a big hurry as sometimes some of us get a mission or two behind. (I hope Uncle/Onkel didn't hear that!) What side are you flying for?

Dragonfly

Thanks for the input. I'm defending the honor of the Vaterland with the Eagles. I'll get the first mission done properly then. Just wanted to make sure that the "the new guy" didn't do anything wrong

Thanks for the input. I'm defending the honor of the Vaterland with the Eagles. I'll get the first mission done properly then. Just wanted to make sure that the "the new guy" didn't do anything wrong
    Welcome to the Eagles.
    If you get anything wrong don't worry, Onkel will hit you with his walking stick. I still have bruises healing.

Ah the winning side No possibility of doing anything wrong as none of us have ever got it right.

Uncle has been joined by Onkel ....

Name:	Uncle Outside.jpg 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	200091 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Onkel.jpg 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	200092
    And now "Father" for the "Hearts of Oak" chaps.

Name:	<acronym title=AAR Father.jpg  Views: 72  Size: 5.4 KB  ID: 202009" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

Welcome to the campaign Sverre - from the other side. Takes two to tango huh

Dragonfly

Thanks Mike. Finally got my mission played and AAR up . Good fun!

Just a heads up that I will be away from Monday for a couple of weeks, I may drop in and loop over the field from time to time but won't be processing any AAR results as the WiFi where I'm going is spotty at best. I will deal with them all on my return.
    Cheers Dave

Just a heads up that I will be away from Monday for a couple of weeks, I may drop in and loop over the field from time to time but won't be processing any AAR results as the WiFi where I'm going is spotty at best. I will deal with them all on my return.
    Cheers Dave
    Works for me as I won't get to play for a couple of weeks either.
    I did get my new maps from Keith on Thursday, so will be good to go.

Enjoy your leave, Onkel. Well-deserved.

Thumbs up

Cheers Dave
    Enjoy your furlough Dave, you certainly deserve some time away from the Front!

I would love to jump in if it's acceptable. If so, let me know where to report.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Hi Eric, start in wherever you'd like. Scenario #1, #2 or the current #3. Good to see you getting up in the air.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Why not start at Mission One Eric. The first two are linked & do not take a huge amount of time.
    That way you should catch up by the end August or beginning September.

You just need to PM flash to give him your list of Pilots & who you are flying for.

Great to have you back in the Skies.

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Jump in where you like Eric, use your pilots from before if you like and I will sort your roster on my return. Look forward to seeing you back in the air.

Jump in where you like Eric, use your pilots from before if you like and I will sort your roster on my return. Look forward to seeing you back in the air.
    I will go with my previous roster and fly the first mission next week.

Let me know if there are any open slots for writing a scenario in the upcoming months.

I am looking forward to flying with all of you again.

Thanks,
    EAT
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Dave has already scheduled scenarios to participants out to September of 2017 so you may have to wait a while to submit a scenario unless someone drops out.

I'll keep an eye out for your mission #1 AAR so I can give you the results to apply to mission #2.

Peter

Thanks, Peter.

I would like to award Lt. Pete van de Maren Marksman one please Dave.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Uncle got in late this afternoon, long flight and plenty of archie, when the dust has settled he expects to return to his duties over the weekend, lots to catch up on by the looks of it

Welcome back Uncle. Hope you enjoyed your break.
    On a more mundane matter, I will need a replacement Two Seater pilot Marco Uzzi and Observer Antonio De Marco for mission three as one observer is PoW and pilot still missing.

Thanks Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Uncle got in late this afternoon, long flight and plenty of archie, when the dust has settled he expects to return to his duties over the weekend, lots to catch up on by the looks of it
    it's the classic "I need a vacation to recover from my vacation"
    Willkommen zurück, Onkel

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Missions

1. A little gem! Look before it's too late...
    By HTRAINo in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2013, 14:15
  2. I know this is late...
    By fast.git in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 13:27
  3. Just too late for the war seaplane
    By Jager in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2012, 09:34