Ares Games
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Late War Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Bob, fly the airfield attack mission after 22. May is a free month with no official missions.
    Ok. So treat it as if it happened after mission 22.
    Understood. Wilco.

Welcome to Bob's brother Willi (William) who has joined the campaign on the Bulldogs side !

"He is wise who watches"

Welcome to the campaign Willi.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

What is the AO of Jasta 24 at the start of the campaign - airfield, nearby towns, etc. (for local color / details in the AAR.....)

Thumbs up

Welcome to the Good Guys mess Willi!

Quote Originally Posted by BB401 View Post
    What is the AO of Jasta 24 at the start of the campaign - airfield, nearby towns, etc. (for local color / details in the AAR.....)
    Harlebeke: 8 September 1917 – 22 November 1917
    Emerchicourt: 23 November 1917 – 27 December 1917[2]
    Guise: 28 December 1917 – 20 March 1918[1]
    Pleine-Selve, France: 20 March 1918 – 27 March 1918
    Villeselve, France: 27 March 1918 – 8 April 1918
    Ercheu, France: 8 April 1918 – 11 August 1918
    Guizancourt, France: 11 August 1918 – 15 August 1918
    Clastres, France: 15 August 1918 – 27 August 1918
    Chevresis-Monceau, France: 27 August 1918 – 5 September 1918[2]
    Guise, France: 5 September 1918 – 12 October 1918[1]
    La Chapelle, France: 12 October 1918 – 20 October 1918
    Donstiennes, Belgium: 20 October 1918 – 8 November 1918
    Graux, Belgium: 8 November 1918 – 11 November 1918[2]

Unfortunately work and family life are taking precedence so I will have to withdraw from the late war campaign.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Unfortunately work and family life are taking precedence so I will have to withdraw from the late war campaign.
    Hi Neil,

Sorry to hear that mate, but I know how that goes.

Hopefully you will still find some time to push planes around the table.

Cheers,

Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Volunteers are always welcome Carl - you'll get the opportunity to do two or three in the course of the campaign ! Peter & Chris have the first two outings, what did you have in mind ?
    Note of caution - don't write your mission until you see what the chap before you has submitted his, you'll be surprised how great minds think alike !
    Hi Dave,

I have finished a draft of my December mission, and will playtest this weekend. Should I submit it for review to yourself or any other campaign moderator?

Cheers,

Carl.

Neil , no need to drop out of the War after shooting me , Rob and Steve down in Prague, We knew you were an Eagle at heart
    Here's hoping you can get back on the scene asap.
    Paul
    Last edited by tikkifriend; 05-06-2016 at 10:16.

Thumbs up

Oh thats a bugger Neil!
    Hopefully you will be able to do a guest appearance occasionally.

Please don't drop out. If you can only get in a game every other month or three we would still love seeing your AARs.

Sorry to hear that Neil but family comes first. I'll leave your chaps on the roster in case an opportunity arises and you get a chance for a game.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    I was considering pulling all the KIA results from that critical hit deck and just using the verbiage for colour.
    The scenario results would use our agreed on die rolls and results....
    You can use the whole deck for its verbiage Pete, just ignore the skull results and roll as usual - this is under Explosion Card in the rules.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Hi Dave,I have finished a draft of my December mission, and will playtest this weekend. Should I submit it for review to yourself or any other campaign moderator?Cheers,Carl.
    Sorry Carl, missed this earlier. There is no requirement for anyone to review a BRF before it's posted but I'm happy to have a look if you want to PM it to me.

"He is wise who watches"

Two weeks to launch. If there are any queries over the rules then please let me know so we can resolve any issues asap.

"He is wise who watches"

Hi Dave,

How much lead time do we allow for posting mission briefings?

Usually we aim to post them on the last day or two of the previous month or on the first of the month - if you post them a week before the keen ones will have flown them before the month they are intended for !

"He is wise who watches"

Looking forward to fighting with a different uniform after 4 yrs in RFC colours

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Before we let you fly for the Eagles we'll have to be sure you know who you are trying to shoot down!

Before we let you fly for the Eagles we'll have to be sure you know who you are trying to shoot down!
    With my luck it could be the Kaisers best

Can't believe you are going to wear the black and white of the Toon lads. There's hope for you yet. Mind you your used to the championship, more at home there?

See you on the Dark Side......

Michael aka Kinsale a friend of Joe - roland19 is going to join us for a spin... welcome Michael !

"He is wise who watches"

Can't believe you are going to wear the black and white of the Toon lads. There's hope for you yet. Mind you your used to the championship, more at home there?
    In your dreams Neil

Hi Dave,

Can you please add the Hannover CL.III to the Central Powers order of battle starting March 1918.

Thanks,

Carl.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Can you please add the Hannover CL.III to the Central Powers order of battle starting March 1918.
    This I second with the Hannover CL.IIIA having just overtaken the Halberstadt CL.II into becoming my favourite Central Powers aircraft of The Great War.

Only got Bauer / Von Heingl Edition to get my hands on and I will have all three in my own collection.

Hi Dave,

Thanks,

Carl.
    Sorted - thanks for that

"He is wise who watches"

Welcome to Mike (mikeemagnus) who has dipped his toe in and joined the Bulldogs today !

"He is wise who watches"

a fine Squadron to fly with, says he who has turned Hun for the next batch of scenarios.

Must be almost posting time for the first June scenario briefing, less than a week to go until the new month.

Thumbs up

Must be almost posting time for the first June scenario briefing, less than a week to go until the new month.
    Bring it on Carl!
    The Hearts of Oak Sqd. are rearing to go.

I'll post at the end of the month. I have seen Uncle get upset when folks post early.

Quite right Peter, May 31st is soon enough !

"He is wise who watches"

May 31st it will be available to all.

I have linked the rosters through the rules sticky thread - still working on the Eagles and adjusting stuff - colours will go when we start, they are just for me to know how far along I am.

Central Powers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ux8/edit#gid=7
    Bulldogs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ux8/edit#gid=2

"He is wise who watches"

Thanks Dave , I wonder if if a pretty please would allow my Oblt Lang to replace Oblt Georg Splitgerber without the ace skills as Mike did me a nice card for a DRVII I repainted with his name on it

Done and done Paul !

"He is wise who watches"

Many thanks Dave

First scenario will be posted late May for campaign starting June 1st
    1744hrs 31 May 2016 on my side of the world, looking forward to that first 'Bitter End' mission briefing

It's 08.54 BST here in England - not sure what time it is where Peter lives in the USA but I suspect it's the middle of the night so you may get it before midnight if you're lucky Carl...!

"He is wise who watches"

It's just about noon where I am. I should have it posted in an hour or two.

We are off and running gentlemen, if you have any questions please check the rules sticky thread at the top of the sub-forum and if you get no joy there PM me or ask the question here in this thread and somebody will be able to help you out.
    Good luck to you all, and watch your six

"He is wise who watches"

Should the Pfalz DIIIa be available in November? I don't see it on the list. It would be nice to use it and not have those unfortunate permanent gun jams.

As Far as I know it was available from August 1917 for Jasta 10

As Far as I know it was available from August 1917 for Jasta 10
    Yes, I think that was the DIII which had its guns buried in the fuselage. Because of pilot complaints the DIII was changed so the DIIIa put the guns where they were accessible to clear when jammed.

I flew a Pfalz DIII in mission 21 and was lucky not to have a gun jam, at least on the Pfalz.

Should the Pfalz DIIIa be available in November? I don't see it on the list. It would be nice to use it and not have those unfortunate permanent gun jams.
    It was listed against the August entry *Pfalz D.III: Aug17 (D.IIIa Nov17). A hangover from the original list that didn't get that far. It now has its own listing under November.

"He is wise who watches"

We are off and running gentlemen, if you have any questions please check the rules sticky thread at the top of the sub-forum and if you get no joy there PM me or ask the question here in this thread and somebody will be able to help you out.
    Good luck to you all, and watch your six
    As a rookie to the solo campaigns, I have a question about the assignment of pilots for the enemy and allied AI pilots. Do I pick the enemy pilots from the spreadsheet or are those assigned? For the allied AI pilots (for first mission - the scouts) do I pick from my pilots or are they anonymous? Ok - that was two questions I reread the rules thread and it was not clear to me. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Roland19 View Post
    As a rookie to the solo campaigns, I have a question about the assignment of pilots for the enemy and allied AI pilots. Do I pick the enemy pilots from the spreadsheet or are those assigned? For the allied AI pilots (for first mission - the scouts) do I pick from my pilots or are they anonymous? Ok - that was two questions I reread the rules thread and it was not clear to me. Thanks!
    Hi Joe,

The spreadsheet for Entente players here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...=2&pli=1#gid=2 - on the 'Bulldogs Late OTT' sheet has two squadrons with your name beside them. The Bulldogs Squadron are your pilots, the Kaiser's Eagles Squadron are your opponents.

You can assign your Bulldogs pilots as you see fit, but you can only actually control one aircraft per scenario. For example in the current OTT mission although the Entente fields 2 scouts and 2 two seaters only one of them is actually controlled by you, the others are played using the AI rules templates (or app). The Central Powers aircraft are also AI controlled but you can assign any of 'your' German pilots to those aircraft.

Does that help?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Similar Missions

1. A little gem! Look before it's too late...
    By HTRAINo in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2013, 14:15
  2. I know this is late...
    By fast.git in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 13:27
  3. Just too late for the war seaplane
    By Jager in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2012, 09:34