Ares Games
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Late War Campaign

Can't believe it's only a week to go before the campaign fires up again with Bob's (BB401) February 1918 scenario.

Looking forward to seeing what aerial escapades Bob's devious imagination can conjure!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Can't believe it's only a week to go before the campaign fires up again with Bob's (BB401) February 1918 scenario.

Looking forward to seeing what aerial escapades Bob's devious imagination can conjure!
    Just need to finish edit and make presentation-ready.

Yikes! I have flown mission 6 but have to write it up. Time has been extremely rare as my wife had surgery (everything is going great) and I'm in the midddle of selling a house.
    It will be done this year!

Default Ranking Aces on 1 February 1918

With our 'alternate reality' campaign about to start up again for 2017, I thought I would post the scores of a selection of serving aces on both sides who by 1 February 1918 had been credited with 20 or more victories.

Manfred von Richthofen – 63 victories

Billy Bishop – 47 victories

James McCudden – 46 victories

Phillip Fullard – 40 victories

Robert Little – 38 victories

Raymond Collishaw – 39 victories

Joseph Fall – 36 victories

Andrew McKeever – 31 victories

Francesco Baracca – 30 victories

Julius Buckler – 30 victories

Charles Nungesser – 30 victories

Godwin Brumovski – 29 victories

Rudolf Berthold – 28 victories

Heinrich Bongatz – 28 victories

Lothar von Richthofen – 26 victories

Kurt Wüsthoff – 26 victories

Julius Arigi – 25 victories

Eduard Schleich – 25 victories

Geoffrey Bowman – 24 victories

Charles Booker – 23 victories

Adolf von Tutschek – 23 victories

Roderic Dallas – 22 victories

Hans Klein – 22 victories

Bruno Loerzer – 22 victories

Rene Fonck – 21 victories

Alfred Hertaux – 21 victories

Felix Madon – 21 victories

Tom Hazell – 20 victories

Aleksandr Kozakov – 20 victories

My guys have a long way to go to catch up with these Aces

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Question

With our 'alternate reality' campaign about to start up again for 2017, I thought I would post the scores of a selection of serving aces on both sides who by 1 February 1918 had been credited with 20 or more victories.

Manfred von Richthofen – 63 victories

Billy Bishop – 47 victories

James McCudden – 46 victories

Phillip Fullard – 40 victories

Robert Little – 38 victories

Raymond Collishaw – 39 victories

Joseph Fall – 36 victories

Andrew McKeever – 31 victories

Francesco Baracca – 30 victories

Julius Buckler – 30 victories

Charles Nungesser – 30 victories

Godwin Brumovski – 29 victories

Rudolf Berthold – 28 victories

Heinrich Bongatz – 28 victories

Lothar von Richthofen – 26 victories

Kurt Wüsthoff – 26 victories

Julius Arigi – 25 victories

Eduard Schleich – 25 victories

Geoffrey Bowman – 24 victories

Charles Booker – 23 victories

Adolf von Tutschek – 23 victories

Roderic Dallas – 22 victories

Hans Klein – 22 victories

Bruno Loerzer – 22 victories

Rene Fonck – 21 victories

Alfred Hertaux – 21 victories

Felix Madon – 21 victories

Tom Hazell – 20 victories

Aleksandr Kozakov – 20 victories
    Mick Mannock seems to be missing Carl!

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Mick Mannock seems to be missing Carl!
    Mick Mannock missed the cut Barry, he 'only' had 16 victories as of 1 February 1918. Same with Ernst Udet, who had scored 19 by that date.

It is a testimony to the tempo of operations that so many aces racked up big scores in the last year of the war.

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Thanks for the information Carl, interesting to see what the numbers are before a certain date.

Smile

Waiting with "baited Breath" for the BRF for the next Mission as my Daughter Jenny will be arriving from Queensland on 10th Jan so hope to get to fly it before then!

It's midday New Year's Day in Aussie, must be time for a briefing?

As it is already January, 2017 in many parts of the world, I will post forthwith......

There, I've gone and done it. Thanks to Willi for playtesting and editing, and Flash for advice and edits as well.

Your scenario is breath-taking in scope and vision, I cannot wait to play it out. I will be setting up this this afternoon but I am on night shifts so I will have to wait for a big gaming session tomorrow.

Dear Uncle,

Could you please include the following special crewmen for my Something must be done mission as I have run out of two seater pilots due to deaths and detentions.

Cpt. Gino Uzzi. Pilota.
    Sgt. Gregorio Manilo. Osservatore.

Tenante Vincent Campuchi. Pilota.
    Sgt.Guido Riva. Osservatore.

Tenante. Paulo Fanini. Pilota.
    S.Tenente. Franko Pucchi. Osservatore.

S.Tenente. Maraziale Leonardi. Pilota.
    Arturo Allasia. Osservatore.

Thanks.
    Roberto.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Morning all,

31 January 2017 here in Australia, that means it's time for the next mission briefing!

Any chance you can get it posted today Barry? I have a window tomorrow I'd like to fill with some Wings of Glory

Smile

Morning all,

31 January 2017 here in Australia, that means it's time for the next mission briefing!

Any chance you can get it posted today Barry? I have a window tomorrow I'd like to fill with some Wings of Glory
    Yeah should get it done this afternoon.
    Going to our Antique Machinery display shed (Regular Tuesday meet up) this morning but I have taken the mat shots & got it all worked out.

Still got Mission 7 to finish so may be a tad late on this one.

Looking forward to the next one. Bring it on Baz.

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Still got Mission 7 to finish so may be a tad late on this one.
    Don't worry too much Paul there are plenty of players yet to submit Mission 7, or should I say Missions 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3!!!

Don't worry too much Paul there are plenty of players yet to submit Mission 7, or should I say Missions 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3!!!
    The mission that keeps on going... and going...and going!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

I've finished 7.1a and now have to finish 7.1b.. Ok so I had to stop half way through 7.1 and am still looking for a day I can finish it.

Default A practice that will have to stop !

OK chaps, listen in, admin of this campaign is being complicated by people posting AAR threads before the AAR is complete or even started. They may contain prologues but they are not by definition after action reports and, once entered, every time someone comments on it I have to check it and I have to keep checking it to see if its been completed. This was exacerbated by the last mission as it had three stages, so that is exceptional but even now I have one thread for 7 one for mission 8 with just intro's.
    Now I know you boys get excited but let's try and keep it under wraps until you're ready to publish the whole thing then maybe this headache will go away !!
    For now the above two entries will have their AAR prefix removed - please add it when they are complete - I thankyou. Uncle

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Yep and with 3 weeks R&R in Gibraltar/Spain visiting the grandson Mission 8 looks way on the horizon.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    OK chaps, listen in, admin of this campaign is being complicated by people posting AAR threads before the AAR is complete or even started. They may contain prologues but they are not by definition after action reports and, once entered, every time someone comments on it I have to check it and I have to keep checking it to see if its been completed. This was exacerbated by the last mission as it had three stages, so that is exceptional but even now I have one thread for 7 one for mission 8 with just intro's.
    Now I know you boys get excited but let's try and keep it under wraps until you're ready to publish the whole thing then maybe this headache will go away !!
    For now the above two entries will have their AAR prefix removed - please add it when they are complete - I thankyou. Uncle
    Aye, Aye Sir! Request noted & will be complied with!

Sorry Sir.
    Wilco that.
    Kyte.

Zio.

My AAR Something must be done is now complete with it's Butcher's bill and it's AAR prefix.

Thank you.

Rob.

Thanks Rob, I will get to it, was in a galaxy far, far away yesterday (smoked 4 Tie Fighters, 3 in one game) and about to breach a building with SWAT today

Thanks Rob, I will get to it, was in a galaxy far, far away yesterday (smoked 4 Tie Fighters, 3 in one game) and about to breach a building with SWAT today
    Good luck with that. I trust all went well for your SWAT team.

Rob.

Oh yes, introducing (current) future son-in-law to SWAT4 (Stetchkov Syndicate) on the PC with my son, things could have gone better at times but we all had fun with it. Old but good game that now costs about Ł8.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Sorry Dave, I just read your request to hold everything until a final result vomes in.
    I will finish Mission 7 asap and hopefully do #8 shortly after to get caught up.

Default D8 Chartage in the Files

I have started posting my D8 chartage as 'Dave's D8 AI Solo Chart'in the files section - it's all on Word doc - you may have to ignore print boundaries if you run off a hard copy.
    The object of the exercise was to use all the cards available in a particular deck, to make a little more sense of how they were used & make the planes fly in similar manner except where they had 'special' moves. I spent many hours over one winter and charted all the moves to ensure they worked. Some moves are quite novel, others are old favourites.
    I have not marked steeps on the charts but have taken them into account during the planning so they all run smoothly.
    They work the same as Joaquim's advanced solo charts with opening and closing targets so the mechanics will be familiar to you old campaigners if you want to give them a go.
    I have used them throughout this campaign, along with Baz (Gully_raker), Pete (Stumptonian) and more recently Mike (Mikeemagnus) and no complaints far but if you give them a go and spot any issues then let me know so I may consider an update of the charts in question.

Note about half a dozen are up the rest are in the mod Q .
    Last edited by flash; 02-13-2017 at 04:20.

Cheers Dave.
    Downloaded and will try.
    Rob.

I've let Herr Oberst know so I hope he approves the rest asap Rob - you will need the K,H,Y charts for M.8 - if they don't appear before you're ready you can PM me your e-mail & I will send you a copy.

Thanks Dave I will do that. Am hoping to fly the mission on Thursday.
    Rob.

Oberst Hajj has confirmed the rest of the charts are now in the files Rob.

Thanks Dave.
    Rob.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Mission7 is complete and in the books.
    The only thing left to do is come up with replacement crews.

Moving out for Beachhead 2017 shortly so Uncle won't be in position to process any AAR until after the weekend - have a good one all

Thumbs up

Moving out for Beachhead 2017 shortly so Uncle won't be in position to process any AAR until after the weekend - have a good one all
    Have a great time at Beachhead Dave.
    Looking forward to Photos!

Yes Dave.
    I trust that you will have a great weekend as usual.
    Rob.

Enjoy Dave and we eagerly await your report.

Things could not have gone better for the aerodrome crew who, by unanimous decision, finished the day with the Mick Owen Memorial Trophy for the Best Participation Game presented by Mick's widow June.
    We were honoured to receive this award named for our late wingman and the first such award given at the show in its second year. We would not have been there without him and were glad to do him proud. This one was for Mick..

The trophy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_8705.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	217.7 KB 
ID:	217250

Tim, Andy & myself with June at the table.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_8704.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	229.4 KB 
ID:	217251
    Last edited by flash; 02-20-2017 at 14:10.

Real life running interference this week so I will be a bit slow responding and getting the AAR processed through the office but i will jump in when I can.
    Cheers Dave

Thumbs up

Real life running interference this week so I will be a bit slow responding and getting the AAR processed through the office but i will jump in when I can.
    Cheers Dave
    Take your time Mate.
    I know what "real Life" can throw at you!

It was great to hear that you won the Trophy which is Mick's Memorial one.
    Please ensure that it gets up to Doncaster for the Loan Lease event where we hope to assemble all the Trophies won by us over the last few years.
    Rob.

I will see what we can do, they keep it for engraving etc & we will get a little one in due course but I'm sure Peter will let us have it for that event.

If you get the little one, it will be fine Dave.
    I would not like to take responsibility for the original in a hall with access to the public.
    Rob.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. A little gem! Look before it's too late...
    By HTRAINo in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2013, 14:15
  2. I know this is late...
    By fast.git in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 13:27
  3. Just too late for the war seaplane
    By Jager in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2012, 09:34