Ares Games

Thread: AAMG strafing. A question

Default AAMG strafing. A question

As AAMG are deemed to be at level 1 and treated as aircraft if you attack at level 2 you should gain the +1 height advantage ? Its not mentioned in the RAP rules so

thoughts please.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

I have an inkling this may have come up before and Andrea confirmed that it does not but I may be wrong in that thought.
    If it did apply to trenches I'd have thought it would have been mentioned in the rules; I don't have the WoG rules to hand so don't know what it says about the firing from above bonus but I'd say it was not intended for strafing.

"He is wise who watches"

Had a quick glance in the House rules , couldn't see anything, but I didn't have my glasses at the time

My gut instinct is that a plane strafing from above would have a definite advantage.

Your one or two machine guns may have a height advantage but how many rifles and MGs will be shooting up at you? I would think as its not just a single target we are strafing the +1 would be very generous.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Your one or two machine guns may have a height advantage but how many rifles and MGs will be shooting up at you? I would think as its not just a single target we are strafing the +1 would be very generous.
    That's a fair point. I don't remember seeing anything like a +1 for strafing aircraft... unless I've missed an official ruling by Andrea, I'm leaning towards it being overly generous.

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    That's a fair point. I don't remember seeing anything like a +1 for strafing aircraft... unless I've missed an official ruling by Andrea, I'm leaning towards it being overly generous.
    Well if you consider rifle fire once per turn and 3 phases of AAMG at B damage a +1 once per turn on average for the attacking plane is not that generous.

Exclamation

In the recent BRF in OTT ED Strafing mission the Aircraft strafing did not get a +1 but the Trenches only got to shoot 1 shot weather it was short or long distance on the ruler so that made things pretty even.

I think that since all strafing is from above, any additions for being from above are already factored into the damage rating of the ground units, so no to +1.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Similar Missions

1. Strafing and Fire from Above
    By steel_ratt in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-04-2014, 08:43
  2. Trench strafing
    By TGalante in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-15-2013, 19:49
  3. AAMG & Flak Minis?
    By sparty in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 28