Ares Games

Thread: Green Strong Flexible?

Default Green Strong Flexible?

Have any of you ever tried any of the colored strong flexible materials? I have not, and the reason why I ask is, they are having a 20% off sale on green today. If it works just like white in terms of porosity, I think I may make a purchase.

I tried, but no 1/200 planes come as green strong and flexible...

I only have a handful of 1/200s, but if you want a Catalina, I could make them available in GSF.
    And taking a look at GSF, I see it is only available in polished, which isn't a good option for most of my designs.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmacek View Post
    I only have a handful of 1/200s, but if you want a Catalina, I could make them available in GSF.
    And taking a look at GSF, I see it is only available in polished, which isn't a good option for most of my designs.
    Thanks, John.
    Can you tell me why isn't it a good option?

I doubt the props on my WWI designs would survive the polishing process.
    The Cats would work better, since they don't have props. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the bubble canopy lines on the rear fuselage windows disappeared. So, probably not worth it. Bummer.

Anyway thank you so much for your information and help.
    Other shapeways sale will come along and I'll grab one or more of your wonderful models.

I looked at a shop that had some abstract design in both GSF and WSF. The GSF was a few dollars more expensive. I didn't calculate to see if 20% off lowered the price to below the WSF value.

The only things I offer in polished material are things like tents and balloons, where the polishing will clearly do more good than harm. For a typical plane design, you're probably losing as much as you're gaining (or more). While it will smooth the surface, it will definitely remove detail, and it may remove props, struts, tailskid, crew, and guns as well.

And yes, the raw cost of it is higher because they simply take a normal WSF print and put it into dye and into the polisher. (Or maybe it's the other way around.)

Similar Missions

1. Structurally weak and structurally strong planes, help please! :)
    By Gallo Rojo in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-28-2014, 09:28
  2. Red & green Fokker Dr.1
    By calm in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-06-2013, 21:49
  3. Fiddler green ?
    By boomerpete53 in forum Paper Card Models
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-30-2013, 15:48
  4. Five green bars!