Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Warm Welcome Well Received.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    You're always welcome. Both of you. I speak now wearing my Australian Adjutant hat.
    Hi Zoe ... That has to be one of the best promotions on the face of the earth: May I once again say a huge Congrats from us both - Yell actually told me about this first but then found out she couldn't post a message and beat me to it in the process!

Also Hello Chris I have PMed you to say Hi back - it is great to hear from you again.

I came back from 39 days of MAN to MAN (via JFK / SFO / AUK / BNE / DXB) Plane Spotting Jolly a changed person. There are 150 photos to upload and over 725 registrations to log ... But I did it and scored myself a ten day stay in Brisbane as well while I was at it. Most of the time I was at recognised locations though I still equipped myself with an official letter from the FCO explaining plane spotting to any foreign authorities who required to see such ID - the worst location of all was Dubai by far! But on my own I was able to contemplate things instead of dwell upon them like before: One of which was carrying on as an Aerodrome Member for playing the game and the people I know who play it. Not trying to become some sort of Aerodrome Superstar and taking the high / fast way of trying it ... That's gained me some fans but also some frowners. Oh dear - well no more of that old tripe. Playing the game is what counts.

Down side of going away for a month: Missed a complete series or season of Home Fires (season 2) on ITV1. Also missed the episode of The One Show on BBC1 which featured a Member of Chopper Squad during a featurette on Air Ambulances / Great North Air Ambulance and a pretty horrific accident they attended near Harbottle / Northumberland. Well Done MC you did us proud!

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Update on Yell: She has decided to throw in the towel here but not quit playing the game. Her access problems persisted and I think they played a major role in her decision. Sorry to be the bearer of this news.

I am back on here though but staying put in the Australian Wing ... A clue as to why possibly is a bet I have with Yell about where I will be holding my 50th Birthday Party. All being well it starts with a B and is a hell of a lot warmer than Derby! would therefore like to know about stuff going on in Brisbane as I will be visiting at least once a year - twice this year (2016) although one of my trips has already been made.

In return Yell hopes to visit in time for Hammerhead 2017 on March 4th 2017. Which should be an interesting jaunt ...

Good news about Yell coming to Hammerhead, Its always good to see some "foreigners" who are keen players as well.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Smile

Barney may I suggest you PM Carl_Brisgamer who can keep you up to date on what gaming & Cons will be happening in Brisbane.
    I have given Carl Yell's Email so he can let her know as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonx View Post
    Update on Yell: She has decided to throw in the towel here but not quit playing the game. Her access problems persisted and I think they played a major role in her decision. Sorry to be the bearer of this news.

I am back on here though but staying put in the Australian Wing ... A clue as to why possibly is a bet I have with Yell about where I will be holding my 50th Birthday Party. All being well it starts with a B and is a hell of a lot warmer than Derby! would therefore like to know about stuff going on in Brisbane as I will be visiting at least once a year - twice this year (2016) although one of my trips has already been made.

In return Yell hopes to visit in time for Hammerhead 2017 on March 4th 2017. Which should be an interesting jaunt ...
    Barney, could you maybe ask her to try again and take a screencap? Maybe if Admin could see what she sees on her screen that might help. It also might depend on what all privacy add-ons and tracker-blockers like Ghostery, DoNotTrack etc. she's running.

In my case, and this is something I do not suggest unless you run a dedicated personal system that you're the only one who ever uses on pain of death by four .45 slugs to the liver, I have the site set to keep me permanently logged in via cookies. Which may be the problem, her cookie settings may be dumping things forcing relogons, not letting her logon etc.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Barney, could you maybe ask her to try again and take a screencap?
    No good I am afraid. She is gone from here.

But thank you very much for the thought and the suggestion nevertheless. From Big Brother Barn

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Don't know if I welcomed you when you originally checked in Yell, so welcome to WoG and hope to see and hear more from you in the future.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Setarius View Post
    Don't know if I welcomed you when you originally checked in Yell, so welcome to WoG and hope to see and hear more from you in the future.
    Passed on via me

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Here's a good place for this posting ... Inspired by a recent idea I had (featured in Hobby section / What's on Your Workbench: June 2016 Edition) one of my intended repaints as discussed with Yell is going to be Jude Law's P-40E Warhawk from the film Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow for WGS as my 2016 Party Piece - last year's of course being Avro Vulcan B.2 XH560.

Anyone remember why the ident-lettering on the side of this P-40E appears to read h-110d?

Behind this repaint and my Captured Albatros D.VA for WGF is another undecided WGS repaint but what I can confirm is that the ident lettering on this aircraft will appear to read 113h ... Any ideas as to why?

Clue - Based on h-110d idea

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. I just received some more more bling!
    By Roger Wilco in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-16-2014, 17:42
  2. A warm welcome to new pilots.
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-03-2013, 02:27
  3. Received a new metal.
    By CappyTom in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 11:30
  4. Thanks for the warm welcome!