Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zeppelin Battle damage?

LOOP

This is just amazing work Dave.

Amazing, great job as usual, David.

A couple dramatic shots for fun!

I was turning off the lights and could not resist these silhouettes!

Not something you would want to see overhead on a moonlit night.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Those are great pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Not something you would want to see overhead on a moonlit night.:D
    Rob.
    Actually, I would -- it means it's a easier target. >;)

Outstanding work,

Just wondering about the skin material, could you have use tissue paper or something as light to make the skin look thinner?

Not slamming a very well done project, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Outstanding work,

Just wondering about the skin material, could you have use tissue paper or something as light to make the skin look thinner?

No problem, I used silkspan - a heavy weight tissue used in covering model airplanes. I chose this because it had to conform to compound curves without wrinkling and still be rugged. The tissue filled well with the paint and made it stiff enough to contour and still hold its new shape, I wanted to depict the canvas blowing in the slipstream, yet being under some control by the workers. The scenario was trying to make it home after a raid with the battle damaged skin needing to be repaired in flight at slow speed so the fabric would not sheer off the whole nose . . . kinda fun to think about all the things happening, lookouts watching for attackers, life lines being strung and lots of fast stitching by the crew. All flight crew had to be experienced sail makers . . . now we see why! Thanks for supporting my madness!

Outstanding work,

And welcome to you Ken from here over the pond in Dear old Blighty.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Nice thread.

Missed it for a month.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Thanks for the welcome, just discovered this game at a demo in my local hobby store a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say dug out my copies of Richtofens (SP) War by AH and Dawn Patrol by TSR and started looking at plane stats. Biggest issue I had was planes way out of sinc in matchups. Took the old AH game chart for service dates of some of the planes and am trying to fill in the blanks. Thinking of trying to work up a match up grid for what you would find on the other side when playing a plane.

Thanks for the welcome, just discovered this game at a demo in my local hobby store a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say dug out my copies of Richtofens (SP) War by AH and Dawn Patrol by TSR and started looking at plane stats. Biggest issue I had was planes way out of sinc in matchups. Took the old AH game chart for service dates of some of the planes and am trying to fill in the blanks. Thinking of trying to work up a match up grid for what you would find on the other side when playing a plane.
    I understand Ken, there is a chart on the files section that has a reference of each aircrafts date of service so you can match them up . . . I made a color code years ago to keep them straight : )

Ken,
    Welcome to the forum.

For match-ups, you might find the following thread useful: General Overview of WWI Miniatures - Timeline and Theaters - 2014
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Rabbit 3's Avatar Squadron Leader Scotland.
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

With all these pics of crashed airships I think we need some of one in flight.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z82VL_dZPm0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. Has anyone modified the damage dealt? Per Barrel Damage - Ramped Up, Consistant
    By Lord of Girth in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-29-2015, 18:03
  2. WGF 2-D Zeppelin 'how-to' or 'How to cook a Zeppelin for minimal outlay'
    By Biggles downunder in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-11-2014, 23:56
  3. Zeppelin House Rules - Outer Structural vs Hydrogen Cell Damage
    By celticgriffon in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-2013, 18:06
  4. Damage cards vs. Damage chits