Ares Games

Thread: Go Play Brisbane - April 9 & 10

Default Go Play Brisbane - April 9 & 10

Hi folks.

Just found out Go Play is on again April 9 & 10 at Ace Comics and Games in Annerley.
    I'm thinking about running a couple of WGF sessions probably on the Saturday. Anyone in / around the Brisbane area interested?

Cheers,
    Dan

Yell

Dates are in my diary. Only thing is ... I haven't started playing yet but when I do it will be WGF. If I do come to this event I will probably be canon fodder!

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Yell View Post
    If I do come to this event I will probably be canon fodder!
    IMHO we as Wings of Glory players tend to laugh with each other instead of at each other

On occasions where you are being laughed at it's important to remember not to take offence - because the likelihood is that though this is happening the actual intent is not malicious. Could just be heat of the moment if the game is intense enough ...

For a good example remember when I boobed in the middle of Doncaster 2015 and earned myself the first Bullseye Award of the entire event! I seriously urge you to get out there learn and have fun

Dates are in my diary. Only thing is ... I haven't started playing yet but when I do it will be WGF. If I do come to this event I will probably be canon fodder!
    Don't worry about that Danielle just go and get stuck in - it takes five minutes to learn the basics and there's no better place than a show to do that as you'll have experienced pilots there to assist.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Thumbs up

Yes I Second flash's advice.

You will find the "old hands" are only too happy to show any new chums the ropes!

Come along and have a go. It's easy to pick up, and everyone has a laugh.... and curses the dreaded explosion card. It won't be competitive by any means - just a casual game to have some fun. My favourite is an every man for himself furball where all the planes start in the centre of the map pointing outwards like demolition derby.

Yell

Barn was right - thanks for the encouragement to come and play learn and have fun. Speaking of Barn and what he mentions about Doncaster 2015 he might recognise:

A poor aviator lay dying
    At the end of a bright summer's day
    His comrades had gathered about him
    To carry his fragments away

The airplane was piled on his wishbone
    His Hotchkiss was wrapped round his head
    He wore a spark plug on each elbow
    'Twas plain he would shortly be dead.

Hehehe I would carry on but it is WAY past my bed time here

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Speaking of Barn and what he mentions about Doncaster 2015 he might recognise:
    Cheeky

For those who don't know this is the first part of the poem or song which appears on my Bullseye Award from Doncaster 2015.

Sweet Dreams

You had to be there taking part to get one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonx View Post
    Cheeky

For those who don't know this is the first part of the poem or song which appears on my Bullseye Award from Doncaster 2015.

Sweet Dreams
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by Slexlaw View Post
    Hi folks.

Just found out Go Play is on again April 9 & 10 at Ace Comics and Games in Annerley.
    I'm thinking about running a couple of WGF sessions probably on the Saturday. Anyone in / around the Brisbane area interested?

Cheers,
    Dan
    Hi Dan,

I will be heading over to Ace Comics on April 9. I've only played one game in two years so am looking forward to getting the miniatures back on the map.

For anyone needing miniatures Paul Hannouf's shop out the back of Ace Comics has WGF available for sale - a Fokker Dr.1, Morane Bullets, RE8, UFAG C.I, a Breguet BR.17, and others. It's about the only place in Brisbane that actually has product on the shelf.

Cheers,

Carl.

Hi all,

Ace Comics 'Go Play' event is up on https://warhorn.net/events/go-play-a...ule/2016/04/09.

I'm all signed up, see you there.

Cheers,

Carl.

I have just checked https://www.warhorn.net/events/go-pl...ule/2016/04/09 for Go Play Brisbane at Ace Comics Annerley this weekend.

There are still places available at the Wings of Glory table from 9am to 12.30pm Saturday 9/4/16.

I will bring all my WGF (166 minis at last count) and in case anyone is interested I will bring some WGS as well.

Cheers,

Carl.

Dan and I had a great time at Go Play on Saturday, check out the AAR here http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...-Play-Brisbane.

We are hoping to make Wings of Glory at Ace Comics Annerley a regular event, we will keep you posted.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Looks like a lot of fun, Carl - too bad it was only the two of you. Perhaps regularly playing there will generate some more players for you?!

Good to see the giants ARE able to be shot down...

All the best,
    Matt

I missed this one because I've been flat out but if there are more of these at Annerley or north side maybe (even better) I'll try to get there.

Hi Wayne,

Yes after 2 and half years with very little flight time I need to do more sorties!

I see you have your con medal from the Brisbane Muster 2013! Better late than never as they say.

Cheers,

Carl.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

On behalf of Yell (Danielle) whose still having access problems with her Aerodrome Membership she is hoping that this becomes a more regular fixture and hasn't just been a one-off.

Yell's big brother (me - yep the cat's out of the bag now!) Would like to add that I am hoping this too and in fact there is a plan afoot for Yell to come over to the UK in March next year to visit Hammerhead 2017. Should all be well it would be fantastic to have an event in Brisbane which I could potentially do the same with.

On a personal note: Returned home to Brisbane which I last saw at a very young age as part of my recent month-long plane spotting trip ... Everybody was SO friendly and welcoming and I would like to mention this to say thank you for the warmth and hospitality I experienced. Maybe next time I visit in four months' time Yell and I will end up playing somebody ... One can always hope

Maybe next time I visit in four months' time Yell and I will end up playing somebody ... One can always hope
    Hi Barney,

Let me know the dates of your September visit and we will definitely have something interesting lined up!

Cheers,

Carl.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Hello Carl, hope you are well.

September 26th - October 7th: Possibility that the Wife will be along with me too this time but she also plays both WGF / WGS. Yell plays WGF but I can teach her WGS to a basic standard using Skype - she's a fast learner.

If you are interested come plane spotting one day when I am over as you would be most welcome in return for anything organised

Hello Carl, hope you are well.

September 26th - October 7th: Possibility that the Wife will be along with me too this time but she also plays both WGF / WGS. Yell plays WGF but I can teach her WGS to a basic standard using Skype - she's a fast learner.

If you are interested come plane spotting one day when I am over as you would be most welcome in return for anything organised
    If Danielle can make it to Ace Comics one weekend we can run through WGS with her. These days I actually prefer to WGS to WGF and with almost 300 WGS miniatures there will be plenty of choice.

Plane spotting sounds good.

Similar Missions

1. April Play By Email Game Pilots wanted
    By chequers in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 08-31-2014, 04:28
  2. APRIL 2014 MARK GIBBONS PLAY BY MAIL
    By Antabires in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-26-2014, 09:50
  3. AAR: Brisbane Muster 2013 - Western Front April 1917
    By Carl_Brisgamer in forum WGF: After Action Reports