Ares Games

Thread: Scramble in Aurora

Default Scramble in Aurora

Even though I mentioned this before, I wanted to make an official announcement. Scramble at my place, aka The Crib, Sat. March 12, start about 1 PM. Post up if interested.

Party time Italian style @ the crib!

Beth and I will be there, just let me know what you need me to bring.

David if your ever in the neighborhood again, let us know so we can put something together. Plus I think it's time for me to break down and buy one of your Zeppelin's. A small one of course.
    Take care
    Bob

Sue and I will check the date. We might be able to bring a few others (degodave and CelticCat).
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

That would be fantastic, Eric!

We miss playing with you folks.

I have fond memories of our very first scramble which was at your place, and the devastation I wrought in our first game when I collided with you after we downed all the enemy planes and only had the bomb-run to complete. Sue and I are still in therapy from meeting Rick.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Hope you two can make it and bring a couple other players along. So far, Bob and Beth, Scott and Patti, along with my friends Pat and Ken are all planning on making it.

Hey Micheal there's no way the Misses &I will miss the event.knock on wood.a dish to pass perhaps?looking forward to working out a mission or two.any certain mission in mind?

I definitely want to play the balloon bust scenario that we did at Bob's. There may also be a heavy bomber raid. Maybe Beth's "trench wench" scenario, see if she can repeat as a dominatrix of the skies! Sure would like to do 3.

I just wanted to remind everybody about next Sat. Start about 1 PM, hope to do 3 scenarios. Post up if you can make it, PM me for address and phone number.

Hey Michael, Patti & I will be there.anything we can bring?looking very much forward to it.see you soon.

If you guys want to, a cheese and sausage tray is always a hit. I am planning on order pizzas around 5 PM. Give everybody a taste of one of the more popular pizzas in this area.

This is why I need to stop making these Zeppelins at this scale, if I had a big one I could drop in for food, fun and great fellowship . . . .

OK.good call.the cheese heads bringing a cheese&sausage plate.will do.

As of today, we have Beth, myself and Aaron coming down. I don't know if Rick and Joe are coming yet. What is your head count at?
    Beth will probably make those ham roll up thing of magigers.
    Let me know if you need any of my maps and mini's(balloons,giants,planes)

Sue and I will be there, but we'll only be able to stay to 3:30. We'll head into the Southside to see our parents at that time.

Michael, let us know where and at what number we can reach you.

Looking forward to seeing all of you.

Clipper, I've been feverishly working on a transporter but it keeps blowing fuses!

So far it looks like, Bob, Beth, Aaron, Eric, Sue, Scott, Patti, Ken, Pat, Frank and myself. 11 people, although Ken will probably be late.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer&pretzels View Post
    Clipper, I've been feverishly working on a transporter but it keeps blowing fuses!
    I appreciate the effort!

Bob, could you please bring your German balloons? I would like to play the early war balloon bust scenario again and those balloons are just too cool! Other than that, I think I have everything I need.

Just the two sausages, no problem. Are you OK without my maps?

Bring a city and countryside mat, just in case .

I'm pleased to see everyone playing together!!! Now the only question is, will they play nice or naughty!!!

I always play nice. Well, most of the time anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Beer&pretzels View Post
    I always play nice. Well, most of the time anyway
    RRRRRIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!

This is the Field Marshal von Marx, I order you to attack all French forces in and around the village of Aurora!!! May you be victorious for the Kaiser and the Fatherland!!!
    Last edited by crashx; 03-12-2016 at 12:25. Reason: Spelling

I had a great time yesterday, sure hope everyone else did. We were able to do three scenarios, an early war balloon bust, a giant raid over England, and the last flight of the Red Baron. Here are some pix, I'll add commentary later.Name:  DSC_0044.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  160.4 KBOh look what the empty beer can fairy left!Name:  DSC_0043.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  201.6 KB One of my DH4's on fire, the other with jammed guns, Gotha's and Staakens bombing targets all over England.Name:  DSC_0042.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  195.0 KBRough day to play the Brits Name:  DSC_0041.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  144.0 KB Bob studiously examining the rule book Name:  DSC_0040.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  211.0 KB [ATTACH=CONFIG]190762 [/ATTACH]Name:  DSC_0038.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  194.0 KB Aaron evaded the defenders and launched rockets on the German balloon Name:  DSC_0037.jpg
Size:  182.6 KB Patti deftly maneuvered her nimble Nieuport around the German defenders and opened fire with incendiary bullets! Name:  DSC_0036.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  160.1 KBGerman planes setting up to jump the French planes Name:  DSC_0035.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  175.5 KBThe French players, Aaron, myself, Patti and Scott Name:  DSC_0034.jpg
Size:  207.5 KB The German players, Bob, Pat and Beth Name:  DSC_0033.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  212.6 KB Initial set up for the balloon bust scenario
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Beer&pretzels; 03-15-2016 at 14:39.

Great pictures!

Very nice-looking German Sausages there; shame they cooked so well!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

The German balloons are from Clippers elves. Patti was really on target with the incendiary equipped Nieuports.

Great time with the squad.Mike well-done.very fun sceinrios.the staakens r pretty cool.hope that we're able to get together again soon.

And just think of all those people you kept off the streets too! the south side of Chicago was peaceful without Eric . . .

Similar Missions

1. Illinois: Illinois / Wisconsin Scramble
    By crashx in forum US Wing
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-10-2015, 15:04
  2. Illinois: December Scramble Cancelled
    By crashx in forum US Wing
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-11-2014, 01:12
  3. Illinois: March Scramble in Aurora
    By Beer&pretzels in forum US Wing
    Replies: 85