Ares Games

Thread: Bagazines or Magazooks

Default Bagazines or Magazooks

Aviation Archives .... cost about AUD $18 these days. A bit thick for a magazine and a bit thin for a book. The latest one looks good as it covers the Short Stirling. Anybody else like them

I do! But have not found them in the US and my kids in NZ just lost their local magazine shop. : (

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    my kids in NZ just lost their local magazine shop. : (
    Careless! Wherever can they have left it?

Whew -- I thought this was going to be a discussion of Euphemisms For Female Breasts.... ;)

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    The latest one looks good as it covers the Short Stirling. Anybody else like them
    Yes. I have three in 1/144 Scale and historically have built the Airfix 1/72 Scale B. III ... So you could say I have a liking of Short Stirlings: The earliest of the British four engine heavy bombers into RAF service.

Also used to know Stanley Broadbent when I lived in West Yorkshire from Saddleworth Historical Society. As a Short Stirling pilot during WW2 he saw service from RAF Winthorpe (Newark Air Museum) and RAF Syerston not far away down the A46 with 5 Group RAF Bomber Command. He also appeared as a Veteran in the 1995 BBC documentary Bomber Command.