Ares Games

Thread: Scanned Rules

Default Scanned Rules

Does anyone have a Hi-Res PDF of the rules? I see one on Ares Games but it isn't the new one which includes, Basic, Standard, Advances, Multi-Engine, Bombing, etc.

Thank you,

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

That will be the Rule Book which was issued with the WGF RAP as opposed to the one on the Ares Games website which is an old edition.

Same applies for WGS where you have the latest RAP Rule Book and the one on the Ares Games website as taken from the WGS Starter Set.

If nobody's able to help I'll phone a friend who I know has the WGF RAP Rulebook & we will see if we can scan what you are looking for onto a .pdf - He's not far away at Derby Uni and I know would be prepared to assist

Thank you that would be great. Hi-Res if possible

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    Thank you that would be great. Hi-Res if possible
    Righty-ho. Due to see Richard Seville anyway over next three days for WGF game. Sampling life as an Airco DH.4 jockey in this game as inspired by the Airco DH.4 - Which One? Thread. If not beaten to it by another Member I'll show him this and we will get to work

I think if you read the Ares download section everything you want for WGF and WGS are included in the several downloads available.
    See you on the Dark Side......

They only give the basics for WGF Neil - not the full Monty.

"He is wise who watches"

Not to sound like a shill for Ares, but the entire rule set damage decks and counters can be had New or used pretty reasonably on eBay if you're patient. Actual results may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    I think if you read the Ares download section everything you want for WGF and WGS are included in the several downloads available.
    You can get the original WoG rules, but not the full rules for multi-engine planes and a few other things. You have to buy the new one. (which I haven' t done...lil GR is supposed to talk to Mrs GR about getting a Rookie Pack from the Aerodrome for my birthday next month.

I keep on thinking on chopping up a copy of the rules to scan, so I can have them on my tablet.
    Currently, I'd be perfectly willing to do it to my second WWI rulebook, but you would have to be fluent in French.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Ken - My friend Richard only has the Starter Set Rule Book and not the RAP Rule Book: I was never aware of him only getting into WGF because he found the starter set for sale from a friend. I thought he had bought the RAP and got himself started from scratch about six months ago ... I really am terribly sorry about this.

Saw him today and mentioned what you were looking for / could we help? BUT don't give up Richard is not the only WGF player I know whose not an Aerodrome Member so I'll make some enquiries

Quote Originally Posted by Tonx View Post
    Ken - My friend Richard only has the Starter Set Rule Book and not the RAP Rule Book: I was never aware of him only getting into WGF because he found the starter set for sale from a friend. I thought he had bought the RAP and got himself started from scratch about six months ago ... I really am terribly sorry about this.

Saw him today and mentioned what you were looking for / could we help? BUT don't give up Richard is not the only WGF player I know whose not an Aerodrome Member so I'll make some enquiries
    Thank you for looking. I have my fingers crossed.

Has anyone scanned the Rules and Accessories rule book yet? I know this means tearing the book apart

I keep hoping that Ares publishes it to update what is currently on their web site. Hint, hint.

I would be perfectly happy to scan a copy for myself, but it still is a minefield of copyright issues once that goes public.
    I use a tablet a lot now for gaming as carrying that is so much easier than a pile of books.
    I don't know how much money Ares makes on the R&APs, as printing is quite a cost.
    A lot of companies have gone down the road of free rules, but you pay for minis. With an option to pay for a rulebook if you like paper.

Maybe Ares could do a PDF just of the rules, but not the scenarios? I'd be happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Foz View Post
    I would be perfectly happy to scan a copy for myself, but it still is a minefield of copyright issues once that goes public.
    I use a tablet a lot now for gaming as carrying that is so much easier than a pile of books.
    I don't know how much money Ares makes on the R&APs, as printing is quite a cost.
    A lot of companies have gone down the road of free rules, but you pay for minis. With an option to pay for a rulebook if you like paper.

Maybe Ares could do a PDF just of the rules, but not the scenarios? I'd be happy with that.
    It could be dicey not know Ares policy. They have the rules posted just not the complete set and we are, well me and most others, buy the game for the cool looking miniatures and maps. Plus I like to use their tokens. It's just that a complete set would be so great.

They do publish the scenarios and such so this isn't really a big step. Just more of a completion to what is there. What if I promise to buy two more planes? Do you think that will help?

My fingers are still crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    It could be dicey not know Ares policy. They have the rules posted just not the complete set and we are, well me and most others, buy the game for the cool looking miniatures and maps. Plus I like to use their tokens. It's just that a complete set would be so great.

They do publish the scenarios and such so this isn't really a big step. Just more of a completion to what is there. What if I promise to buy two more planes? Do you think that will help?

My fingers are still crossed.
    I have no idea what Ares' policy is on the matter. Maybe a small price for the PDF, I'd be willing to pay £5 or similar, just to save me the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Foz View Post
    I have no idea what Ares' policy is on the matter. Maybe a small price for the PDF, I'd be willing to pay £5 or similar, just to save me the work.
    Me too, well except USD

Similar Missions

1. Card rules vs mini rules
    By petitbilbo in forum Polls
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-06-2014, 03:52
  2. new altitude rules in Rules and Accessories Pack?
    By Gallo Rojo in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 15:12
  3. No rules
    By flyingryno in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-02-2011, 23:55
  4. WoW vs DoW rules
    By Gallo Rojo in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 14:44
  5. Deluxe rules vs fire in the sky rules.
    By Racker in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 08:19