Ares Games

Thread: AAR-Turkey Shoot-Surprise!!

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Cool AAR-Turkey Shoot-Surprise!!

Gentlemen, Tomorrow morning we are moving our unit north. We have been given the task of supporting an up coming advance. We are one of two units that are being moved to reinforce the air units along that section of the front. As such our Hunt for the Red Baron is temporarily put on hold. This will probably be the last assault before winter hits these parts. The weather guys say we should have a couple of weeks of good flying weather before the first snows fall.
    So get a good nights sleep and rise early for your normal patrols. The ground crews will be breaking camp shortly after you leave. You will return it the new base of operations when you are done with yopatrol.. The Seargent will give you the coordinates and new maps as you leave.

Lts. Elwood, Griese, Callahan, and Fogg stay behind for a minute. Everyone else dismissed.

Gentlemen, you are to stay here until about an hour before we would normally return from morning patrols. You are then to fly to the coordinates my Seargent gives you. This is the Huns closest airfield to our new home. I want you guys to see if you can catch them napping. Strafe as many planes as you can and just cause as much damage as you can. Take a bomb each and if you can find their fuel and ammo storage, see if you can destroy it. If you don't see it, use the bombs at your discretion. Good huntong. That is all.

Gentlemen, overnight we got about a half inch of snow all along the front. It looks like the weather guys were wrong again. None the less, we fly as usual, so good hunting.

Attachment 186731
    We found the airfield in the trees. Looking left we couldn't see anyone coming to get us.
    Attachment 186732
    Lt. Callahan in the Sopwith Camel with Hearts and Lt. Fogg in the other Camel. Coming through the trees and opening fire.
    Attachment 186733
    Coming left each of us went down one side. Lt. Fogg set an Albatross on fire.
    Attachment 186734
    Attachment 186735
    Lt. Callahan took a long and short range shot doing significant damage to my Red Baron's plane. Left it Smokin'.
    Attachment 186726
    Can you believe your eyes. The size of that beast and iyt is hidden behind that group of trees. We have to incapacitate it.
    Attachment 186727
    CHARGE
    Attachment 186728
    The damage left behind by Lt. Callahan and Lt. Fogg.
    Attachment 186730
    Attack
    Attachment 186729
    Here come Lt. Elwood and Lt. Griese for their attack run on the airfield.
    Attachment 186721

From here on out the pics are all jumbled up. Sorry, still trying to figure out adding pics to this via Android Tablet.
    Last edited by Setarius; 02-04-2016 at 23:17. Reason: add comments

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Final tally
    Lt. Elwood RTB no dmg 7 shots left, destroyed mg nest, destroyed FOKKER Dr.I (Rahn colors) on ground
    Lt. Fogg RTB no dmg 9 shots left
    Lt. Callahan RTB 2Kills no dmg out of ammo
    Lt. Griese RTB 1Kill no dmg 7 shots left

Yellow Fokker Dr.I SD
    Red/White Stripe Fokker DVII SD-Collision with tree
    Green tail Yellow Fuselage Albatross SD
    Zeppelin Staaken 24 points of dmg and smoking
    Manfred von Richtofen Fokker Dr.I 10 points of dmg and smoking
    Red/Tan Albatross 12 points of dmg and fire
    Red Albatross with skull 8 points dmg fire ground crew shot
    Black/White Stripe 6 dmg and engine
    UFAG camo color 5 dmg and engine
    UFAG Brown/Green 7 dmg and ground crew shot
    3 other planes 3 points or less dmg and no special dmg.
    Several ground crew members shot during the action

Note: I added a couple extra planes due to the Zeppelin Staaken being here. Still only had 4 try to get off the ground, one got hit in the engine and one caught fire so they didn't make it to take off. So, I gave one more a chance to take off and he became an airborne casualty.
    Last edited by Setarius; 02-05-2016 at 08:05.

Nicely done Dale, liking the snow-scape - Your boys left it all on the field and all over the field !

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

Nice mission Dale. I like the winter landscape, well in your photo's, could do without it here .
    I imagine the ground crews have a lot of machines to repair over the next few days after that mess!

LOOP

That is what I call "a bedtime story"

Interesting scenario, nice AAR. I guess you had no choice but to finish this game so you could later get some sleep! Sleeping on the battlefield, not an easy proposition after what happened here.

Interesting take with the "snow blanket" covering the landscape.
    (The pillows add a decorative touch )

I might have to pull some trees from my Christmas Village and try it sometime.

Thumbs up

A nice Winter "spin" on flash's Aerodrome raid!
    Well done to your pilots.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Thanks everyone.
    I call the obvious one the Coca-Cola mountains.
    It was a lot easier cleaning up and sleeping on this battle field than cleaning off the table in the mess hall ��. Plus the bed has more room.
    Wes, snow has been mostly miss this year for my part of Kentucky, unlike last year when we got several snowfalls of 4+ inches.

Similar Missions

1. Surprise in Games
    By brucewallace in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-20-2017, 11:21
  2. What a surprise
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-12-2014, 09:51
  3. Imagine my surprise!!
    By STICK in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 9