Ares Games

Thread: Hello

Users Country Flag

Name
    chris
    Sorties Flown

Default Hello

just joined the site. been playing for a few months (ww1) and I live in sunny old Bradford west Yorkshire

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Welcome to the Aerodrome Chris from Derbyshire. Relax and make yourself at home is my best advice - anything you need please just ask.

Our Yorkshire contingent of Members is quite strong at the moment so you'll get those game invites coming in now we know you are here. You are also well-positioned for attending the annual event the UK Aerodrome Members hold at South Yorks Air Museum in Doncaster should you wish to.

Hi Chris, welcome from Essex.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Hi Chris.
    Could you please send in your E-mail confirmation so that I can grant you posting rights.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Chris, from here near Norwich.

Welcome to the Aerodrome from Cape Cod. You are in good hands and with plenty of flying opportunities. Enjoy your stay.

Users Country Flag

Name
    chris
    Sorties Flown

Users Country Flag

Name
    chris
    Sorties Flown

Massive thankyou for the warm welcome all. Anyone at York this Sunday?

Users Country Flag

Name
    chris
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Hi Chris.
    Could you please send in your E-mail confirmation so that I can grant you posting rights.
    Rob.
    I've been waiting for a confirmation email to come threw but as of yet no sign of it sir ��

LOOP

Welcome to the drome Chris
    If you can't find it here it's not worth looking for

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Vapnartak - February 7th 2016? There will be a strong Aerodrome presence there this coming weekend Chris.

Best of luck if you get a game in. Some of the Members make excellent live tutors too - you will find yourself in excellent hands I'm sure.

Welcome to the 'Drome, Chris!

Users Country Flag

Name
    chris
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Tonx View Post
    Vapnartak - February 7th 2016? There will be a strong Aerodrome presence there this coming weekend Chris.

Best of luck if you get a game in. Some of the Members make excellent live tutors too - you will find yourself in excellent hands I'm sure.
    That's the one ill be there with the family

Quote Originally Posted by Big chris View Post
    just joined the site. been playing for a few months (ww1) and I live in sunny old Bradford west Yorkshire
    Welcome Chris from Yorkshire from Chris from Yorkshire - this is not going to get at all complicated...

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

That's the one ill be there with the family
    Come and find us - make yourself known

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Users Country Flag

Name
    chris
    Sorties Flown

ok I getting concerned why I haven't received a confirmation email for my account. who should I contact to sort this problem?

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Chris I've noticed that you successfully managed to start a thread about Gaming Mats which is very interesting. If you had not been activated yet you would not have been able to do this. What you could be waiting for is a Confirmation Message which will appear here in your Welcome Thread from the WingCo - Flying Officer Kyte / Rob.

Until I received my activation e-mail (I joined on February 4th last year by the way) I could not post or start threads. This came from Oberst Hajj / Keith welcoming me to the site. The other telltale sign of if you are fully activated with your e-mail address is if you are receiving thread subscription e-mails saying So and So has replied to the thread dah-de-dah ... If you are receiving these and are deleting them your confirmation e-mail may have already been deleted by accident amongst these. Definitely looks like you are up and running anyway

I sadly cannot do Vapartnak this year as I am currently in hospital but I've got a discharge date for next Friday. Which means out in time for the next biggie - Hammerhead 2016 at Newark in Notts (A1 / A46 interchange a k a Newark Air Museum area.)

Hope you and your family have a fantastic time this weekend.

Users Country Flag

Name
    chris
    Sorties Flown

Chris I've noticed that you successfully managed to start a thread about Gaming Mats which is very interesting. If you had not been activated yet you would not have been able to do this. What you could be waiting for is a Confirmation Message which will appear here in your Welcome Thread from the WingCo - Flying Officer Kyte / Rob.

Until I received my activation e-mail (I joined on February 4th last year by the way) I could not post or start threads. This came from Oberst Hajj / Keith welcoming me to the site. The other telltale sign of if you are fully activated with your e-mail address is if you are receiving thread subscription e-mails saying So and So has replied to the thread dah-de-dah ... If you are receiving these and are deleting them your confirmation e-mail may have already been deleted by accident amongst these. Definitely looks like you are up and running anyway

I sadly cannot do Vapartnak this year as I am currently in hospital but I've got a discharge date for next Friday. Which means out in time for the next biggie - Hammerhead 2016 at Newark in Notts (A1 / A46 interchange a k a Newark Air Museum area.)

Hope you and your family have a fantastic time this weekend.
    the sites getting a bit stressful as I can only do certain options. Flying Officer Kyte sent me a pm asking me to confirm with my email but I still havnt received the confirmation email to my email account. I tried to pm him straight back but I don't think my pm replies to him are working havnt got a clue what to do as I'm not very computer minded

Welcome Chris, from another Chris living down in Bristol , for my sins, but am a Tyke from Barnsley, a very happy one tonight after Barnsleys win over Fleetwood

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

the sites getting a bit stressful as I can only do certain options. Flying Officer Kyte sent me a pm asking me to confirm with my email but I still havnt received the confirmation email to my email account. I tried to pm him straight back but I don't think my pm replies to him are working havnt got a clue what to do as I'm not very computer minded
    Chris please don't get stressed. The WingCo never leaves Members unanswered but may at the moment take a little time to respond to you with Vapartnak coming up this weekend - But trust me you will hear back from him more than likely over the next 24 hours. It took me a day to become fully activated by Keith after joining and during the wait I too couldn't wait to get Privs (sorry - Members priviledges ... priviliges ... those things anyway - Privs is a spot of military slang!) However as seen you have successfully started a thread. The WingCo is also a Site Admin Staff Member adding to his workload associated with the site.

WORTH MENTIONING - If you would like more Privs than you get as a free Member you could subscribe to Silver Membership or even Gold Membership. The benefits are worth the monthly or annual fee which is ... Pence - well, Ł1.50 per month tops. Look under Paid Subscriptions which can be found under Settings when you have a chance as the options to buy and benefits of doing so are all listed there. For example I am a Silver Member and I subscribe monthly using Paypal - around 95p every month.

Users Country Flag

Name
    chris
    Sorties Flown

when I say stressed its more like worried that my messages arnt getting threw full stop. my profile is saying I haven't sent any pms when I've already relied to 1 and sent a further 2? don't want to rush anyone neither just worried the issue wont get sorted if I don't act straight away

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

when I say stressed its more like worried that my messages arnt getting threw full stop. my profile is saying I haven't sent any pms when I've already relied to 1 and sent a further 2? don't want to rush anyone neither just worried the issue wont get sorted if I don't act straight away
    That's not unusual Chris be assured with regard to Messages Sent. That happens with me too. The WingCo will respond to you have no worries it's probably just taking him a little longer than one would expect due to the event coming up at the weekend.

The Admin Staff on this site really are excellent and I have never felt ignored once in my year-long Membership. I also doubt that anybody will think that you are rushing them along or owt like that ... I was eager to get started as a new Member over which I was welcomed and made to feel at home.

Hi Chris! Welcome to the 'Drome!

Thumbs up

G'day Big Chris & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the pilots who fly in N.S.W. down in Australia.

Please do not worry as I am certain F/O Kyte & Keith (Oberst Hajj) will sort things out for you.

Enjoy meeting the lads when you attend that games day.

welcome to the drome chris!!!!! i also had a bit of trouble getting used to navigating the site. dont worry its worth the effort!!!

Welcome to the 'drome from East Sussex Chris, you'll have a chance to meet several of the leading lights on the 'drome & shoot them down at Vapartnak this weekend - enjoy !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Hi Chris, and welcome to the 'drome from here in Kent

Welcome Chris from North of England Squadron HQ.

Site problems will be sorted. You're posting that's the main thing.

Now I'm up and about Vapnartak looms large on the horizon.

We are normally situated on the top mezzanine level overlooking the race course.

We will be putting on a large Battle of Britain game and a not so large Bloody April game. So if you want a bash at WW2 or WW 1 you'll have plenty of opportunity. At present some 11 forum members will be on hand.

Be great to meet you and hopefully you'll have time for a game or two.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Chris hope you are well today. Eleven Members including Neil above says you will be in excellent hands this weekend at Vapnartak. I'd encourage you to at least try out WGS - the WW2 version of the game as each version has different qualities and features. But both are very versatile and enjoyable. Also were you aware of how well the game works Solitaire - solo play.

How is your gaming mat hunt going?

Users Country Flag

Name
    chris
    Sorties Flown

Chris hope you are well today. Eleven Members including Neil above says you will be in excellent hands this weekend at Vapnartak. I'd encourage you to at least try out WGS - the WW2 version of the game as each version has different qualities and features. But both are very versatile and enjoyable. Also were you aware of how well the game works Solitaire - solo play.

How is your gaming mat hunt going?
    I'm getting there sir. just pinning down the options at the moment but I think my thread is actually causing some interest to other players who are now looking at there maps and scratching there chins. ive already played the ww2 version but I just couldn't seem to get into it like the ww1 version (could also be something to do with many hours clocked up on rise of flight )

there are quite a few members down the club that also play so I don't need to go solo really

as for York I'm 100% stoked up for the event. I'm selling as much as I can on evil bay to shove more cash in my pocket

Bienvenue Chris from Brittany France. Hope you enjoy your time here on the Drome.Lots of good people to talk to and awealth of gaming experience to draw on .

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Users Country Flag

Name
    chris
    Sorties Flown

Thankyou all for your warm welcome's. My account is all sorted now. Look forward to meeting some of you tomorrow at York ��

Greetings Chris, enjoy York. We were planning a bit of a jaunt but, Best laid plans......

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Chris from across the pond.