Ares Games

Thread: How do you carry your cards

Default How do you carry your cards

There are Damage Decks, each plane has it's own maneuver deck, now I have a crew skill deck and two pilot decks (one for each side).

I was going to get a plano for the counters, easy enough. I hadn't thought about the planes yet, most likely a foam try of some such but what about the decks. I could simply get another foam tray just for them but is there a better way?

The ACE Hangar Trays will solve your problem... but I'm a little biased The maneuver decks stay with their minis and the Ground Crew tray holds all your extra cards, rulers and markers. If you use the large assortment cardboard counters from the game, you could put those in tuck boxes and store them in the Ground Crew tray as well. I personally store the few of those that I use and my flight pegs in one of those Monday - Friday pill organizer type things.

That link took me to Raytheon and asked for a login.

Sorry, that was my work's firewall messing with me. Give it a shot now please.

I created a bunch of tuckboxes that are sized to hold sleeved cards along with the plastic base and pegs. I used this website to generate a blank box template, then used Photoshop to place a scan of the airplane card on the front and back, and put the airplane stats on the top and sides. This tuckbox holds the maneuver cards, airplane card, base plate and the 4 altitude pegs. I store the airplane models in a box with foam cutouts, and then I have a separate box full these tuckboxes.

Sorry about the low quality photo:

Attachment 186636
    Attached Images  

I like the tuck box idea.

How necessary are the sleeves for the cards?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    I like the tuck box idea.

How necessary are the sleeves for the cards?
    Depends on whom you play with I suppose - if everyone I play with were as careful as I am, I might not need sleeves, but even I have been known to make an accidental spill or drop a card on the dirty/wet floor. One person I play with seems to have greasy fingers every time we play and I've had to clean up his cards afterwards. I only started playing in August, and I've already had multiple occasions to be glad I had sleeves. I have also purchased planes second hand and wished the previous owner had used sleeves, ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by brdavis View Post
    Depends on whom you play with I suppose - if everyone I play with were as careful as I am, I might not need sleeves, but even I have been known to make an accidental spill or drop a card on the dirty/wet floor. One person I play with seems to have greasy fingers every time we play and I've had to clean up his cards afterwards. I only started playing in August, and I've already had multiple occasions to be glad I had sleeves. I have also purchased planes second hand and wished the previous owner had used sleeves, ha ha.
    The only game I played enough to need sleeves is Settlers of Catan. Mostly I collect and wish I could play... haha

i got a deck bag for magic the gathering cards and modified to suit. its about the size and shape of the old cassette tape bags. it works great. i keep all the game components, extra maneuver decks, and pretty much everything else in it.

Exclamation

I have always used Keith's Hangers from AA as I like to keep aircraft, Cards, Base & pegs all together.
    Way too much fiddling about if I have them stored separately.

Quote Originally Posted by brdavis View Post
    I created a bunch of tuckboxes that are sized to hold sleeved cards along with the plastic base and pegs. I used this website to generate a blank box template, then used Photoshop to place a scan of the airplane card on the front and back, and put the airplane stats on the top and sides. This tuckbox holds the maneuver cards, airplane card, base plate and the 4 altitude pegs. I store the airplane models in a box with foam cutouts, and then I have a separate box full these tuckboxes.

Sorry about the low quality photo:

Attachment 186636
    That's really cool! Great idea!!

May be it is an advertisement, but I did a set of maneuvre deck stripes. Check this thread.

Name:  IMAG0260.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  241.8 KB

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 03-09-2018, 15:51
  2. BoB SALUTE 2014: Stay CAlm, Carry on, but Save our Chip Shop!
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum WGS: After Action Reports
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-18-2014, 14:25
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-15-2014, 08:15
  4. carry cases & foam inserts
    By itchy in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-08-2013, 14:20
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 11:08