Ares Games

Thread: Flight of the Giants card set - language dependence?

Default Flight of the Giants card set - language dependence?

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what the language dependence of this French edition of this box set is? I don't speak any French. I understand the rules booklet will of course be in French, but an English .pdf can be found online so I'm not worried about that. Any other issues to be aware of?

Thanks

And the rulebook in English is out there in PDF (Nexus published all the books online when they were still running, in a similar way to FFG and X Wing)

EDIT: Seems (a) it was FFG that published the rules online, and
    (b) they are still there

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgame...ants-rules.pdf
    Last edited by David Manley; 02-03-2016 at 13:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Foz View Post
    I have one myself. Only the rules are in French, the rest is neutral.
    Thanks Steve, much appreciated. I'd give rep but the system won't let me do it again (this is the second time I've run into that now!)

Quote Originally Posted by brdavis View Post
    Thanks Steve, much appreciated. I'd give rep but the system won't let me do it again (this is the second time I've run into that now!)
    I think you only have a limited amount per month or something like that. It is a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by brdavis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Foz View Post
    I think you only have a limited amount per month or something like that. It is a mystery.
    I have run into that, but I think the rule is that you can't repeatedly REP the same person. Read the Alert when it comes up again. It says something about spreading it around. This prevents members from racking up REP on each other.

Give some REP to some other people, and go back and try again? Only if you see things you'd like to reward, though (Sorry for being obvious).
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Mike - you are right that is exactly what it says. A polite reminder that is indeed there to discourage that sort of favouritism. However I am not sure how many other Members you have to reward or of the timescale that is in place before the restriction lifts.

The restriction usually comes into force after the awarding of one set of rep points. Chalk up 100 yourself and you become an Aerodrome Ace. Mouse over the green indicators(s) under your user flag to find out what status you have attained.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonx View Post
    Mike - you are right that is exactly what it says. A polite reminder that is indeed there to discourage that sort of favouritism. However I am not sure how many other Members you have to reward or of the timescale that is in place before the restriction lifts.

The restriction usually comes into force after the awarding of one set of rep points. Chalk up 100 yourself and you become an Aerodrome Ace. Mouse over the green indicators(s) under your user flag to find out what status you have attained.
    If you haven't done so, a read through the Site Rules section might be illuminating. Appropriately, this thread could shed some light on this particular topic: REPUTATION - All you need to know!.

As I have been the victim of a few REP gun bursts in the past, I now hand out a good boost each time I REP. It scales up, the more you have. It is now capped, thankfully, as, for example, FO Kyte was handing out huge boosts in the past.
    Mike

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    If you haven't done so, a read through the Site Rules section might be illuminating. Appropriately, this thread could shed some light on this particular topic: REPUTATION - All you need to know!.
    I forgot to add Mike that the last time I actually came across the polite reminder ... Was actually rep pointing you. But let me remind you as to why because it is a good example of where rep points were deserved on two consecutive occasions but at least I was able to rep point you for one of them.

1) October 2015 - Avro Vulcan Aircraft Card for XH560 after you spotted my hand-drawn substitute and put one together for me to scan. It is in use you'll be pleased to hear ...

2) October 2015 - Barely one day later you designed a custom avatar based on XH560 which I have also still got but cannot use with a Silver Subscription. Couldn't rep point this - grrrrrrrrr written in small letters as I was quite peeved.

I'll go and read the Rep Point Rules again as I have never heard of boosts and it's a year since I last read the site rules. A spot of refresher training if you like / as gets said in aviation

Quote Originally Posted by Tonx View Post
    I forgot to add Mike that the last time I actually came across the polite reminder ... Was actually rep pointing you. But let me remind you as to why because it is a good example of where rep points were deserved on two consecutive occasions but at least I was able to rep point you for one of them.

1) October 2015 - Avro Vulcan Aircraft Card for XH560 after you spotted my hand-drawn substitute and put one together for me to scan. It is in use you'll be pleased to hear ...

2) October 2015 - Barely one day later you designed a custom avatar based on XH560 which I have also still got but cannot use with a Silver Subscription. Couldn't rep point this - grrrrrrrrr written in small letters as I was quite peeved.

I'll go and read the Rep Point Rules again as I have never heard of boosts and it's a year since I last read the site rules. A spot of refresher training if you like / as gets said in aviation
    My apologies for putting you in that position. Coincidence, or over-productive digital squirrels. As you go up in Rep, your "power" when you REP goes up. I now hand out 5 REP points per rep. IIRC, FO Kyte was handing out 20 when the system was capped. He was very careful about to what and to whom he handed out rep. Now, he is a lot happier.

Oh. Until today, when he would like the Reverse-REP Gun! WGF Ace Skill Cards - FO Kyte's Special Skill
    Mike

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

I have seen the FO Kyte's Special Skill card you created Mike. I must confess that it did make me laugh quietly ...

I never knew that as you went up in Rep your Rep Point power increased too. Thanks for mentioning that

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    And the rulebook in English is out there in PDF (Nexus published all the books online when they were still running, in a similar way to FFG and X Wing)

EDIT: Seems (a) it was FFG that published the rules online, and
    (b) they are still there

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgame...ants-rules.pdf
    And the English version is still in our files system here Brian.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. Flight of the Giants
    By Marechallannes in forum German Wing
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-18-2016, 12:36
  2. flight of giants
    By sctodd in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-31-2015, 11:38
  3. flight of the giants
    By Xen in forum Australian Wing