Ares Games

Thread: Airco DH.2 - Hawker if possible and a few others.

Default Airco DH.2 - Hawker if possible and a few others.

[Re-Edit] I guess my duplicate thread did not pop up. I'm looking for:
    In order or preference.

• Hawker - Airco DH.2 <--- Yes, yes
    • Kirschstein - Fokker Dr.I
    • Immelmann - Fokker E.III
    • Little - Sopwith Triplane

I ordered an Airco DH.2 from Wayland Games which showed in stock. Then I checked with customer service and they said they no longer carry Ares Games.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Ken at Sunrise; 02-04-2016 at 11:00. Reason: I thought I had a duplicate thread - I don't

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Ken, was this Wayland Games over in Essex - in England please?

They were HOPELESS as an Ares Games stockist if it was. Good Riddance to them

If you don't mind footing the airmail bill Spirit Games in Burton upon Trent has an Airco DH.2 or two in stock. So do Caliver Books in Eastwood in Nottingham (your contact there is Chris.)

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

OR I could get involved: Buy for you and airmail to you should any of those DH.2s or anything else catch your eye.

The box I'll be using is from Aerorome Accessories - Keith used it to ship my last order to me so it's appropriate

Chris said I would have to mortgage my home just for him to look for them . Yes the Wayland games is the one on your side of the pond. They took my order when the Web Site showed in stock and then didn't have any to ship. But they did give me a credit after I asked.

You may need your assistance since neither shows any available. Not sure what I did wrong. Any help is appreciated. I fear that hard to come by items come at a premium and it might be better for me to wait.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Just telling Richard Seville now about all this - my friend from the Airco DH.4 vs Halberstadt CL.II game just recently. Two pairs of eyes better than one.

One more person to inform - B****y FLGS and their wayward pricing strategy embarrasses me again though excellent that Chris is back to you already for their pricing but for customer service.

Wayland Games are a joke. I ordered 3 game mats from them last year all listed as ex.stock. Finally gave up after many chase emails and cancelled the order six weeks after placing it. I note that Wayland now have a category of "Available to order" which actually means that they haven't got any but will order it after you have placed an order with them. Actual delivery time being anybodies guess. They also have qualifications on their "Free Delivery" offers. The item has to be specific, it doesn't cover everything.

I have had quicker delivery from the Aerodrome! Incidentally I have just ordered the full set of the four Kickstater Giants from Kieth and await their arrival with much anticipation. That's the last of my Christmas money gone with a bit more besides!

Bump.

Hawker - Airco DH.2 <--- Yes, yes
    Immelmann - Fokker E.III
    Little - Sopwith Triplane

Similar Missions

1. General 1/200 Hawker Fury Biplane please
    By Blackronin in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-02-2014, 04:55
  2. The Hawker Name Goes Away
    By csadn in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7