Ares Games

Thread: Another Kickstarter Update!

Unhappy Another Kickstarter Update!

Received another Email from Ares giving an update on programmed deliveries for all countries.
    Sadly the promised early delivery to Australia has been delayed.
    The models are now with Customs & it looks like they wont be able to be dispatched until early next week.
    This means we wont receive them before our next Games Night & probably not before the 16th Feb at the very earliest.
    Europe/UK & South America will probably be even longer.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Barry I'm very sorry to hear of this disappointment. Flying Officer Kyte posted an e-mail on here earlier today and I am trying to remember the thread which it is in as there are a few now which relate to the WGF Giants.

You may have seen it - it's the one which at the end contains a mildly humorous comment about being held in a loving embrace by the default packaging ... Iron grip more like??! This e-mail gave me the impression that it is going to be February 16th before anything hits the UK as the orders appear to be coming from a warehouse in Germany.

I've ruled a line under all of these moving goalposts which I'll mention just briefly so it doesn't become repetitive / boring ... I'm waiting for AA to get stock. Then going after my choice of HP O/400 model.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Europe/UK & South America will probably be even longer.
    Hrmmmmm...

Time to get some more anti bomber planes and so I ordered another Bristol Fighter for the fight versus the giant.

When will those Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutters will be available?

Got this e-Mail notice this morning.

EU Backers

Giants of the Sky cleared customs, and it is scheduled for delivery to our warehouse in Germany later this week. We plan to start shipping your rewards next week if there's no transit delay.

We will post another update next week to confirm we're starting the shipment from the Australian, Canadian and German warehouses.
    If you received your rewards and there is any problem (missing, wrong, or damaged items), please send us a message here on Kickstarter or to customercare[at]aresgames.eu
    Voilà le soleil d'Austerlitz!

When's your next game night, Barry? If you need a Staaken I can at least look into Fed Exing one of mine down under. I won't be able to do any gaming for a couple weeks, all its going to be doing is sitting on a shelf anyway.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Beer&pretzels View Post
    When's your next game night, Barry? If you need a Staaken I can at least look into Fed Exing one of mine down under. I won't be able to do any gaming for a couple weeks, all its going to be doing is sitting on a shelf anyway.
    Many thanks for your kind & generous offer Michael but it is next Tuesday 9th Feb so there is no chance of one arriving by then.

Our next one is two weeks away so we should definitely have mine by then.

Again Thank you for that wonderful offer which deserves REP!

For those of us, who are still waiting for their Giants, I've found this Unboxing:

https://youtu.be/NOibMaGqpeQ

Thanks Dennis

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Many thanks for your kind & generous offer Michael but it is next Tuesday 9th Feb so there is no chance of one arriving by then.
    I have a Shapeways R.IV , an R.VI, and an O/400, and could get them couriered to you, overnight delivery.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    I have a Shapeways R.IV , an R.VI, and an O/400, and could get them couriered to you, overnight delivery.
    Many thanks Zoe but we really wanted to have the fun of unboxing & using the Ares one at the club.
    We will just be patient & enjoy it all the more when it finally comes.

Again many, many thanks for your kind offer.

Similar Missions

1. Aussie Kickstarter Update!
    By gully_raker in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 01-21-2017, 04:05
  2. Kickstarter Update!
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-22-2016, 01:29
  3. KICKSTARTER
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum Fire in the Skies
    Replies: 2