Processed through Australia Post facility
    10:33pm Fri 4 Mar Chullora, NSW
    That's a bit weird Peter.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Maybe your giant is on cross country navigation exercise Peter

I have no idea where mine is.
    Maybe yours has gone to Mudgee mate!

Sorry about that! I do hope you both get yours early next week.

Mine arrived today yippee! Also 3 UFAGs from Xen. Happy as a pig in poo

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Mine arrived today yippee! Also 3 UFAGs from Xen. Happy as a pig in poo

Packages landed in Tasmania today - so most backers in Oz should have them by now.

AND mine arrived safely today too!! :-)
    They look great and will be a real standout.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pbhawkin View Post
    AND mine arrived safely today too!! :-)
    They look great and will be a real standout.
    Pleased to hear that Peter!

The largest raid by these monsters consisted of 3 R.VI and an R.IV.

Name:  IMG_20160309_180011~2.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  128.6 KB

OK the R.IV is in the earlier Eastern Front markings, but close enough.

If anyone has any problems with their order - broken/fault models, missing parts etc - please contact customercare@ares.com.eu

A number of spares were sent along with the orders, so they're in Oz now. But we'd like to see everything cleared up in a few months, with all backers happy. Any parts left over after all customer service issues are adressed will NOT be sent back overseas - too expensive. So we'll have to work out what to do with them. The important thing is not to act prematurely, and make sure everyone's got their pledge completely fulfilled first. Only then do we decide what to do with the rest.

Hi all,

Has anyone received any further news from Ares about the Kickstarter Wings of Glory app that was supposed to be released with the Giants.

Last word on the Kickstarter page posted on 19 Feb 2016 was that it had been given to another developer and would take 6-8 weeks.

That deadline is well and truly 'dead'.
    Last edited by Carl_Brisgamer; 08-16-2016 at 00:25.

Just received a Facebook reply from Ares Games re the Kickstarter app -
    "We are preparing some final graphic elements, it should be finished soon."

No definition of 'soon' but hopefully sooner 'soon' rather than later 'soon' !

Just received a Facebook reply from Ares Games re the Kickstarter app -
    "We are preparing some final graphic elements, it should be finished soon."

No definition of 'soon' but hopefully sooner 'soon' rather than later 'soon' !

I have sent an email to Ares Games again requesting information on the release of the app that was to accompany the Giants Kickstarter.

The last information they passed on through Facebook on 17 June 2016 stated the app was 'almost there' but two months later no further word.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    I have sent an email to Ares Games again requesting information on the release of the app that was to accompany the Giants Kickstarter.

The last information they passed on through Facebook on 17 June 2016 stated the app was 'almost there' but two months later no further word.
    No email reply from Ares yet but I found this exchange on the Kickstarter page:

Jeff Newell on July 24 - Guys, where is the WoG iPad assist promised with the bombers? Coming up on 10 months late and I'm beginning to wonder if it was a false promise.

Ares on July 30 - Not a false promise, Jeff. We'll get it done. App development is still something which is troublesome for us, as it's not a part of the core skills of the company and we've difficulty finding a reliable method of outsourcing them. But we'll get it done.

Jeff Newell on August 2 - Thanks for update. But to be clear, when this project was funded in April of last year, you didn't have iPad developer? Lame but okay. In the following 14 months you still don't have one? That's pretty disappointing. Please don't send me any emails about other Ares projects or Kickstarters until you complete this order.
    Please make this a higher priority. You literally owe it to us.

This is particularly troublesome given previous communication by Ares regarding the app:

Kickstarter - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e-sky/comments

Ares Games Creator on February 19, 2016 - #App - We had to re-assign the development to a new studio, which restarted from scratch this month. The new studio is committed to deliver us the app in 6-8 weeks.

Ares Games Facebook exchange - https://www.facebook.com/AresGames/posts_to_page/

My post May 27 - "Any news on the Wings of Glory Kickstarter app? Last news on 19 Feb 2016 was that it would be ready by the end of April 2016 but no further word on the progress of that project since."

Follow up post June 13 at 4:34pm - "Two weeks on, any further updates on the app?"

Follow up post June 17 at 4:29pm - "Can you give a release date for the app please?"

Ares Reply June 17 at 4:31pm- "Carl, We're almost there."

Now we are told they don't have a 'reliable developer' let alone a completion date. I think we can be forgiven for believing we are being fobbed off. This is not a great state of affairs. I would recommend all Kickstarter customers send emails or post Facebook messages about this matter to try and get things moving.
    Last edited by Carl_Brisgamer; 08-19-2016 at 05:31.

Carl, like you we are not impressed.
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

80% of such projects fail. This is not unexpected, when outsourcing, unless you have a competent software project manager not just riding herd, but helping set up the project before the start.

I might contact Ares over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    80% of such projects fail. This is not unexpected, when outsourcing, unless you have a competent software project manager not just riding herd, but helping set up the project before the start.

I might contact Ares over this.
    Hope you get some answers, let us know how you go.

Hope you get some answers, let us know how you go.
    I've just contacted Ares, along with some suggestions on the way forward. What they promised in the KS campaign was a WGF equivalent of the WWII toolbox. This only tracks altitude and fuel. Fuel isn't counted in WGF. So the first problem is figuring out what the app should actually do.

If they take my suggestion, we might get something done soon that would over-fulfill their promise. Early days yet though.

I've just contacted Ares, along with some suggestions on the way forward. What they promised in the KS campaign was a WGF equivalent of the WWII toolbox. This only tracks altitude and fuel. Fuel isn't counted in WGF. So the first problem is figuring out what the app should actually do.

If they take my suggestion, we might get something done soon that would over-fulfill their promise. Early days yet though.
    It strikes me as a bit late to just be working out what the app should do. If it relates to bombers it should be altitude, climb counters, crew and critical damage, and bombing runs (how many cards the bombs go forward depending on altitude). Surely the devs actually play the game?

I just posed the following question on the Ares Facebook page and Kickstarter comments:

Hi Ares just touching base about the Wings of Glory Kickstarter App. Any more news on how the project is progressing?

I think we just have to keep asking so they know we have not forgotten about it.

Another month goes by and still no reply about the Kickstarter app. The lack of communication is disappointing.

I forgot all about the app. I hope it is Android compatible.

Just submitted another post on the Kickstarter page requesting an update on the Wings of Glory app. I'll keep asking the question each month until we get a response.

I'll contact Ares via email on this.
    Thank you,

I'll contact Ares via email on this.
    I hope you can get some satisfaction, keep us posted.

Any reply Zoe?
    The person I contacted is currently busy in China. I'll try again when he comes back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. Kickstarter Update!
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-22-2016, 01:29
  2. A new Aussie F1 GP Winner!
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-11-2014, 19:34
  3. WSF My Aussie Catalina!
    By gully_raker in forum Shapeways Models