Ares Games

Thread: Pour me a Woodstaaken!?

Default Pour me a Woodstaaken!?

A what? Subject of idol hands, or idle hands, whatever!

Once the mold was made there was no turning back . . .

With all the Staaken news and a hanger full of them, I decided to drift into the clouds. And this is what came out . . .

Finding the right tree branch was the tricky part, and will have to be renewed as each set of wings dries and fails . . .

The ultimate in maneuverability!

Seen with the famous flying ace and his faithful gunner!

Into the frey!

They seem so innocent . . . what have we done?

This one was magnificent! I laughed a lot!

Brilliant!
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

They are the biz, aren't they?

Lookin' at a new "Unofficial Aircraft" file, Woodstaaken or Sopwith Softwood Twig . . . and also wondering about a painting contest . . .

hahahahahahahaha !!!!! crew of four. so 2 defensive guns then? and more importantly whats the seed capacity?!?!?!??!

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I think a trip to Michael's or Hobby Lobby is in order to acquire a non-wilting twig for the Stocken...

Great stuff here, Dave!

All the best,
    Matt

David you got more than just a raised eyebrow with that one!

I had eyebrows once, then I discovered how fun sodium was to dissolve in water in the dark, then I lit a bunson burner . . . good thing my eyeglasses did not have plastic lenses . . . it was very, enlightening! Kinda miss teaching chemistry though.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    I had eyebrows once, then I discovered how fun sodium was to dissolve in water in the dark, then I lit a bunson burner . . . good thing my eyeglasses did not have plastic lenses . . . it was very, enlightening! Kinda miss teaching chemistry though.
    Good lord, man! Are you okay?

By the way, Dave... your idea of of fun is seriously hardcore. #respect

That was a LONG time ago in a far away place called Portland, Oregon as I recall. No one was seriously injured, but a guy has to have fun at work or why bother? I am seriously considering retiring soon and Mrs Clipper is worried I will find my old chemistry supplies . . . BTW has anyone tried the new Estes Rocket powered race cars yet? I am putting one together for our science fair chapel next week . . . really!

BTW has anyone tried the new Estes Rocket powered race cars yet? I am putting one together for our science fair chapel next week . . . really!
    Good to hear. Chemistry is your friend when respected... and... not so much, when not so much.

This "car" sounds both seriously ridiculous and supremely awesome! I'm thinking something akin to an AAR might be in order!

Reminds me of my friend who set fire to a very large bundle of magnesium ribbon whilst the chemistry teacher was out of the room. Jeez, it was like the sun in there! We really started laughing when the mass burnt through the table and fell into the cupboard below

Reminds me of when I launched a lump of Caesium out of the second floor lab window into the school fish pond;

IT RAINED FISH!

I was a bad lad, back then..................

That is what school is for, well done, just like the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Reminds me of when I launched a lump of Caesium out of the second floor lab window into the school fish pond;

IT RAINED FISH!

I was a bad lad, back then..................
    Gosh you went to a posh school , we only had lithium in oil , and only a very small amount .

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Large masses of sodium tossed into the pool were always a hit at parties... "Dude, your pool's on FIRE!"

*snicker*

Not as bad as slipping somebody a Fartjar, but a lot more fun to be had all around...
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post
    I think a trip to Michael's or Hobby Lobby is in order to acquire a non-wilting twig for the Stocken...

Great stuff here, Dave!

All the best,
    Matt

Day 5 and the wilting has become aerodynamically disastrous, must replace with synthetics . . .

We are in the shop now doing some re-design around a plastic/artificial branch and wondering if a fifth Woodstock should be added as a tail or ventral gunner position? Its gonna be a crazy card Mike . . . any one remember the numbers of a weight burdened sparrow? Must find my Monty Python scripts . . .

Here's the formula for an unladen swallow.
    (Got the T-Shirt for SWMBO last year)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Swallow.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	186745

Doesn't differentiate between African or European

This site proved to be an interesting read: http://style.org/unladenswallow/

Fascinating use of math I can neither confirm, nor deny to be correct.

I almost rolled off my chair with this one, David. Between your ingenuity and humor, you really make this a great place.
    As to chemistry; someone in my class did a similar trick, though it may have been with potassium; the difference was that he put it down a clogged drain in the lab, followed by a lit block of magnesium, then turned the water on
    I think they had to fix half the toilets on the second floor after that!
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Personal Bucket List: create a Mushroom Cloud.

Just one, in a completely safe and controlled manner where there's no chance of anybody getting hurt unless they're completely stupid and ignore the warning not to look at the flash. Maybe let my gal indulge her pyro urge and push the button--"the couple that nukes together, stays together?" LOL
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Similar Missions

1. Pour me a V-2 or 2!
    By clipper1801 in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-16-2015, 12:41
  2. Pour me a B-17C please . . .
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-22-2015, 17:41
  3. Pour me an XB-38 . . .
    Replies: 4