Ares Games

Thread: SHVAK's Advanced Rules

Users Country Flag

Name
    Perry
    Sorties Flown

Default Historical Random Aircraft Generator

Ok - I've tried to attach my MS Word and Exel files for my advanced rules, but the file size is too large for this forum. Will have to wait until .pdf conversion occurs.

Attached is historically researched random aircraft battle generator. It provides a ratio to broad aircraft availability by type during a 6 month time period. This availability should not be construed as front line serviceability - results do not account for maintenance issues, weather or aircraft distribution to various fronts.
    To use, you'll need one six-sided die (1D6) and one ten-sided die (1D10).
    - One players rolls 1D6 for the time period
    - Each side then rolls 1D6 for Sqn(s) aircrafttype (mixed fleet of aircraft or all the same; allies mixed on a roll of 6, German's on 3-6)
    - Then roll 1D6 and 1D10 together for each plane OR sqn, depending on the result above, and cross reference the chart.
    - The 1D6 roll determines a result in the far left column (1-2 in the upper yellow block, 3-4 middle green block, 5-6 bottom blue block). The 1D10 gives the corresponding row.

For example, say in a 1v1 battle:
    - first 1D6 roll was a 5. This means late 1917
    - battle is 1v1, so no roll is necessary for Sqn aircraft types
    - Allied player rolls 1D6 = 2, and 1D10 = 9; (2/9), which results in a Sopwith Camel
    - Axis player rolls (6/10) which results in the SSw D.III

The attached plane caveats chart provides optional advanced rules on guns, overdives, and historical plane restrictions which work best with the Advanced rules - unfortunately unavailable for the time being.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SHVAK; 09-21-2009 at 08:29. Reason: Could not upload entire package

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 86
    Last Post: 11-13-2022, 07:20