Ares Games
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Kickstarter Giants of the Sky Just arrived!!!!!

Default My Kickstarter Giants of the Sky Just arrived!!!!!

These are AMAZING!!! Can't wait to play.

Name:  IMG_4876.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  143.2 KBName:  IMG_4877.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  152.4 KBName:  IMG_4878.jpg
Views: 757
Size:  149.1 KBName:  IMG_4879.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  181.9 KBName:  IMG_4880.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  159.2 KBName:  IMG_4882.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  156.1 KBName:  IMG_4883.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  163.0 KB

Very cool. Hope that means mine will be arriving soon!

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Congratulations on your new arrivals Barry

Thank you for posting these photos

My favourite of these two is the Handley Page O/400 which I will be getting one of and thanks to your photos maybe in that colour scheme as opposed to the red engines RNAS one.

Several threads with similar comments make me think we are all expectant fathers! I know I'm pacing the porch looking for a delivery truck....

Nice- I am expecting the same two on Tuesday.

Received my order today!!! Everything looks really cool and may try them out this weekend.
    I wish I would have ordered the snoopy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonx View Post
    My favourite of these two is the Handley Page O/400 which I will be getting one of and thanks to your photos maybe in that colour scheme as opposed to the red engines RNAS one.
    Yep, I like the one without the red engines as well.......Very Barry!

Nice!

I'm happy with you.

Thank you for the pictures!
    Voilā le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Are they here yet...NO!
    See you on the Dark Side......

LOOP

The Zep IS huge. Even the HP looks small

Those look great. Must resist unpausing my WWI collection for now but that is tempting... Thanks for sharing!

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Several threads with similar comments make me think we are all expectant fathers! I know I'm pacing the porch looking for a delivery truck....
    I can imagine ... BUT with excellent reason. In terms of the game's history the Giants have to be one of the most significant developments it has ever witnessed ... n'est ce pas? I'll quickly compare these with the development and release of the Heavy Bombers and the impact they had on WGS.

The above of course in my opinion and I could be wrong: After all I did only start playing Wings of Glory a year ago

I have been pacing for 4 months , o well almost over now

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Are they here yet...NO!
    Ah ... But they are on the way

I wonder whose will be the first to land in the UK in terms of significance and milestones etc?

After your recent help with my Grumman Avenger Mk I my fingers are being tightly crossed now that you will be amongst the first to receive ... I feel our time to celebrate the Giants is just around the corner.

So we will need to stock the fridge up in the mess for starters!

I wonder whose will be the first to land in the UK in terms of significance and milestones etc?
    Given my luck with WoG stuff coming from abroad, some light-fingered bloody postie will probably add them to my Series 8 planes that mysteriously went missing.....
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Ooh I hope not Steve, for me I am peering out the window at the sound of any large motor vehicle, got a coyple of HP enroute ready for WMMS

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Ooh I hope not Steve, for me I am peering out the window at the sound of any large motor vehicle, got a coyple of HP enroute ready for WMMS
    I hope that nobody's consignments go missing ... It will mess up the whose arrives first in the UK sweepstake I proposed in another thread not long ago!

When these Giants hit the retailers I am after a Handley Page O/400 too - going for the RAF version rather than the red-engine RNAS edition.

I'm expecting quads!

I'll be happy whenever they get here - too much else going on at the moment.

Great pictures - thanks for posting them.

Smile

Thanks Barry for those great photos.

Interesting that so far all the Straken planes shown have been lozenge camo.
    I ordered the Blue one & hoping for arrival early next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Given my luck with WoG stuff coming from abroad, some light-fingered bloody postie will probably add them to my Series 8 planes that mysteriously went missing.....
    There is a real problem here in Portland of packages being stolen from porches etc.
    To be safe I redirected my UPS shipment to be held for pickup at their facility.

I came home from work last night to my box. Just had a chance to get a good look at them. They are awesome!! Cant wait to use them tonight.

They really look very, very good.

Jaxmax

well this is a good place for my first post here....mine came today too! just beautiful....and new play mats are not too bad either.

Congratulations, Jack!

And welcome to the 'Drome, from where I have nary a Giant!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxmax View Post
    well this is a good place for my first post here....mine came today too! just beautiful....and new play mats are not too bad either.
    welcome to the drome jack!!!!thats what i call starting out in style in a GIANT way

Jaxmax

they are huuuge!....can't wait to fly them.

Jaxmax

I have a Gotha with the lozenge pattern so I went with the solid blue for my Zepplin...but I have to say that's a nice looking plane either way.

Welcome to the 'Drome, Jack!

And congrats on snagging a Staaken!

Cool! Still waiting for my stuff!

BTW, has anybody gotten their extras yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Eris Lobo View Post
    Cool! Still waiting for my stuff!

BTW, has anybody gotten their extras yet?
    I ordered some flame/smoke markers and a couple of prop rulers. They were in the same box as the planes.

I just got home and on my steps was an envelope with a map set. Planes should get delivered tomorrow which means I won't see them till Friday. Come on Friday!

I just got home and on my steps was an envelope with a map set. Planes should get delivered tomorrow which means I won't see them till Friday. Come on Friday!
    Lucky git. Says the "neither-so-fast-(I'm lookin' at you Tim )-nor-lucky-git" (I want my Giants!).

Count Bogro

Can´t wait for mine to arrive !!

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    Lucky git. Says the "neither-so-fast-(I'm lookin' at you Tim )-nor-lucky-git" (I want my Giants!).
    On this matter, you'll get your stuff LONG before I get mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    On this matter, you'll get your stuff LONG before I get mine!
    Ah... he's got jokes! And a certain Albatros D.II... Here's to hoping that our Giants arrive near-simultaneously and darn near immediately! Like today... "Groundhog Day" would be a wonderful day to find a lovely box of on my front porch... they'd keep showing up again... and again... and again...

Just got this message.

Posted by Ares Games

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    many of you are already receiving the rewards of the GIANTS OF THE SKY campaign. Here's the status of shipments at the various warehouses.
    US Backers
    Your rewards are shipping from the US warehouse with UPS. Shipping from the US warehouse should be completed this week, so there's not necessarily anything amiss if you have not received the models yet. If you do not receive them before February, 15th, please be in touch with our customer care so that we can check if there is a delivery problem.
    Latin America Backers
    Your rewards are shipping from the US warehouse with USPS. Transit time may be 2 weeks or more, depending where you live. If you do not receive your rewards before February, 29th, please be in touch with our customer care so that we can check if there is a delivery problem.
    Australian/Pacific Area Backers
    Giants of the Sky are now in customs, and they should be delivered at our warehouse later this week or early next week. We plan to start shipping your rewards next week if there's no custom delay.
    Canada Backers
    Giants of the Sky are shipping from the US warehouse to the Canadian warehouse tomorrow, and they should be delivered at our warehouse early next week. We plan to start shipping your rewards next week if there's no custom or transit delay.
    EU Backers
    Giants of the Sky cleared customs, and it is scheduled for delivery to our warehouse in Germany later this week. We plan to start shipping your rewards next week if there's no transit delay.

• We will post another update next week to confirm we're starting the shipment from the Australian, Canadian and German warehouses.
    • If you received your rewards and there is any problem (missing, wrong, or damaged items), please send us a message here on Kickstarter or to customercare[at]aresgames.eu

A note on Unboxing
    Some of you wondered about the best way to get your bomber safely out of the tray who hugs and protects it in a loving embrace ;-) Do not use brute force! I recommend you check the video in our
    December, 17th update and take a look at what I am doing at seconds 47-48 ("open" the tray and lift from the bottom wing).
    Thanks for your support, and we hope you will like your rewards! We look forward to read your feedback on the Comments page here, or on our
    Facebook page.

Rob.

"Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

So
    What
    Does
    This
    Mean
    For
    UK Backers
    Please?

Well Sir I have read this up and down a few times. I had to laugh at Ares Games poetically sounding trays containing models with a loving embrace though!

I'm not going to mention names just in case but one Member has posted on here about UK orders coming from a warehouse in the EU so a UK customs charge (or two?) may be waivered through their origin. This was in reply to me stating that items being airmailed from the US take an average of ten days to travel and clear customs - me thinking about Members who had placed an order with Kickstarter who I thought were located in the USA.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxmax View Post
    Welcome to the Aerodrome Jack from across The Pond. Enjoy the Staaken - you have definitely started in style

Got the email too!

EXCITED!!!

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

What is our latest reckoning then Gentlemen? Another seven days and the Giants will begin to hit the UK ... Or two weeks maybe.

I still reckon a sweepstake would be a fun idea as to whose Giants will arrive first into the UK. It adds to the anticipation and is a fun way psychologically to pass the time before these do arrive.

As I wait for AA to get stock of the RAF HP O/400 I'll ensure the fridge in the mess is full ready for when the celebrations begin. Then ONLY with permission from the WingCo will I even dream of touching the gramophone again to make sure it's ready to rock and roll ...

PS - very good reason for choosing me as bar-staff ... I cannot drink anything boozy at the moment and cannot do designated driver due to no car!

I'm very excited to start playing now!

Thanks for posting this, Rob! Saw it here before I noticed it in my inbox. Good news for those of us in the States... though I'm hoping they're overestimating the time it will take to reach your doors.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    I'm very excited to start playing now!
    Ken I hope you have a great first game. Although this may be the ideal time to follow the advisory from Ares Games which contain mildly humorous references to loving embraces (actually now I come to think of it that's a clever piece of reverse psychology on their part) about going easy with the first few altitude peg applications into the bases of these models. The warning appeared in another related thread which stated that somebody in haste to be the first onto Facebook with pictures of the Giants probably had cracked the base of the Staaken whilst others in less haste had just found the pegs to be sticky.

No comments relating to the HP O/400 peg / base interface fit have appeared to my knowledge but it still may be worth taking a spot of time to ensure that nothing untoward happens.

REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY - Guess that now makes some of these a Stiiken instead of a Snaapen!

Ken I hope you have a great first game. Although this may be the ideal time to follow the advisory from Ares Games which contain mildly humorous references to loving embraces (actually now I come to think of it that's a clever piece of reverse psychology on their part) [...]
    Actually I had similar issues with the smaller plans so I use a butter knife, very dull, to slip in and press back the plastic that holds the plane down. Then the plane just come straight out.
    Last edited by Ken at Sunrise; 02-02-2016 at 12:06.

Now I realize that I need both Zeppelins so I have both East and West London. Do they fit together?

I'm wondering with planes are large as these won't the finish there mission long before they take any real damage? I haven't played any scenarios yet, sorry if the question is too newbie-esque.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

sorry if the question is too newbie-esque.
    No not at all IMHO. Two other threads either looking for blind spots on the Staaken or recommending throwing as much as you possibly can at it in one aircraft! But as I replied to the blind spots Biblically David did bring down Goliath - and it took one man's split second decision to cause the Titanic disaster. Somebody will discover a way ... I guess the race is on!

Butter knife tip - do you mind if I borrow that from you please Ken? PS - rep point to you for that suggestion.

Butter knife tip - do you mind if I borrow that from you please Ken? PS - rep point to you for that suggestion.
    Please borrow and use it. It worked good for me. I just slipped a very dull knife down the side and the retaining plastic collapsed. On the O/400 I had to hold the back of the plastic with my finger. But now I can use the original packaging for storage and transport with the planes easily coming out with no stress to the wings.

Glad I could help,

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Please borrow and use it.
    very much

This is a tip for both versions of the game

Well they are making their way out west.
    Picked mine up at UPS today.
    (did not want to risk having it sit on the front porch)

SWMBO wondered what these were - "they are way too big for your game"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Kickstarter???
    By phililphall in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-12-2015, 11:57
  2. Wings of Glory "Giants of the Sky" Kickstarter
    By Marechallannes in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 884
    Last Post: 10-29-2015, 16:03
  3. Kickstarter Giants?