Ares Games

Thread: More Sausage Over Ashford - A January Jaunt Over Kent !

Default More Sausage Over Ashford - A January Jaunt Over Kent !

There was a minor gathering at TWWS to feel the wind beneath our wings for the first time in 2016 and as a pre Giant warm up.
    Brian fielded his venerable Zeppelin once more and had the chance to properly field test his new movement template gizmo which, I have to say, worked really quite well.

The clan gathers - ten in all by the end
    Name:  SAM_7107.JPG
Views: 137
Size:  255.0 KB
    Left front to back: Simon, Ivor, Rodney, Mark, Brian & on the right John, Paul and Ian. Terry joined us later.

Mark, Simon backed up by Rodney take on the brute head on !
    Name:  SAM_7108.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  227.7 KB

Ian (aka Ian) joined us for the first time and showed his mettle by tearing in and absorbing most of the shots ... Here he can be seen having just been set on fire but to his credit he despatched the gunner responsible ! :gun:
    Name:  SAM_7109.JPG
Views: 154
Size:  249.3 KB
    I think the mantle of 'Bullet Magnet' has been passed on from Brian ! Mark (aka chequers) flying the other Tripehound in the shot collided with him shortly after, removed his top-plane and sent him to oblivion in good style. Well done Ian - properly blooded

Ivor (finally) gets stuck in with his Bristol and is promptly set on fire and subsequently blown away much to his disgust !
    Name:  SAM_7110.JPG
Views: 144
Size:  241.3 KB

Half way to his target & halfway through his damage table (bottom right of frame) - but Brian appears unconcerned as his leviathan continues its advance
    Name:  SAM_7111.JPG
Views: 147
Size:  217.5 KB

Terry 'meteors' under the belly of the beast having passed right across my nose !
    Name:  SAM_7112.JPG
Views: 152
Size:  245.3 KB

Not far now ! The Zep is on it's last legs but it's not far from bomb release either.. as its antagonists cluster beneath, somehow avoiding collisions !
    Name:  SAM_7113.JPG
Views: 145
Size:  247.1 KB Name:  SAM_7114.JPG
Views: 140
Size:  220.4 KB

But we were just too late - the Zep unloaded its eggs on the town centre moments later just before it succumbed to the combined gunfire of Ian and Simon - The Women's Auxiliary Balloon Unit may never be the same again as the Zep crumpled and fell to earth within their lines... still they'll have something else to hang their bloomers on !

The madness continued with a all v all dogfight
    Name:  SAM_7115.JPG
Views: 144
Size:  219.5 KB
    in which Ian continued to absorb incoming rounds & Mark continued his colliding - this time with Ian and Brian simultaneously. Impressive !

And I found that a SPAD XII is fairly useless in a dogfight
    Name:  SAM_7116.JPG
Views: 143
Size:  228.5 KB
    but managed to bag Mark after his three way collision just as Ian bagged me !

All in all an afternoon of good fun and banter - thank you all
    Last edited by flash; 01-17-2016 at 11:08.

"He is wise who watches"

Looks like fun - man that Zep is massive.
    Thanks for sharing.

Tried to give you Rep but apparently I need to "share the love" more first.

Smile

Well that looked like a bang up way to celebrate the commencement of activities over the front in the New Year!

Well done to all involved!

Thinks: "Humm how I would love a Zep or even my Kickstarter Straken for my first club gamesnight tomorrow week"

Good AAR and good photos.

Really enjoyed the AAR and the photos. Looks lie a great game with the Zep.
    Thanks for sharing it with us.

Sorry I couldn't make it. My car had other ideas. Looks a great couple of games you had. Hopefully I'll be at the next one or see you all at Cavalier next month.

Ian

Excellent stuff, looks like a good day

That is a good AAR, Dave!

My big thanks go to Brian (Archidamus) & Mark (chequers), for their superb stewardship of all our WoGames at TWWS, & to the club members who join in with us - the enthusiasm for gaming displayed by them all is admirable.. It was great to meet Ian for the first time, he is a local so may well be (re)joining the club in the future and it was a shame that Ian's (Womble) car conspired against him preventing his attendance. Other chaps like Foz & Ajay couldn't make it this time but lets hope we are all available when those pesky Giants finally show up !

"He is wise who watches"

Thank you for this window of the thriving activity down in Kent Dave.
    If anyone else is involved in local games I would also welcome a resume, however short, from them also.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thanks for the AAR Dave - at least the Zep managed to bomb Ashford town centre before it's flaming remains fell across the bomb craters Those pesky scouts kept shooting my gunners - I think I lost five of the eight by the end - so I didn't deal out nearly as much damage as usual.

You're very welcome old chap, the pics were few and far between but hopefully I got the gist of it all. Thanks for being so gentle on us, think that's the first time I haven't lost my ride against the Zep. The movement template seemed to work a treat and I'd suggest we give it a few more outings before you think to tweak it.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Thanks for being so gentle on us, think that's the first time I haven't lost my ride against the Zep.
    If you schweinehunde hadn't been so unsporting as to shoot my gunners things would have been different

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    The movement template seemed to work a treat and I'd suggest we give it a few more outings before you think to tweak it.
    Agreed - although I think it may be a bit fast it certainly made for a more interesting game than our previous movement rate for the Zep

Similar Missions

1. January Jaunt - Dogfighting at Doncaster
    By Hedeby in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-24-2016, 14:04
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-2015, 05:27
  3. WoG in the afternoon over Kent
    By flash in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-22-2013, 09:22
  4. Ohio: Gaming in Kent Ohio 6-JUL-13