Ares Games

Thread: Reporting for duty

Default Reporting for duty

Hi All

Just thought I should say hi after sitting quietly in the corner of the nissen hut..

New to Wings of Glory player, a friend of a friend had some models and after a few short sorties I was hooked!

In the Bristol area in case anyone wanted to know..

Cheers for now

Max

Oh also can anyone tell me where/if its possible to get hold of any of the older series aircraft models???

Older planes are often listed on ebay - prices vary from cheap to OUCH!

Some players have a stash, myself included. Any particular plane you are after?

Welcome Max, good to see you here.
    I am Bristol also, Ill pm you details, we have moved recently from the Mall at Cribbs to meetings at the Bristol Biguns in Iron Acton, if close enogh for you it would be great to meet up.

Hi there
    I'm not exactly sure as Im busy digesting all the plane types so it was just a general question..

Although now you mention it the Pfalz and the SE5 would be nice to have!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluemax View Post
    Hi there
    I'm not exactly sure as Im busy digesting all the plane types so it was just a general question..

Although now you mention it the Pfalz and the SE5 would be nice to have!!
    Original SE5a are a pain to get hold of at a sensible price. Last ones we saw on eBay went over Ł60 each!
    It's a wish of mine to find them, but one I hold little hope for

Oh, and welcome. I nearly forgot what this thread was originally about.
    We are a nice bunch, and will even answer silly questions with only a modicum of sarcasm

The early series are quite painfull to get hold of, except it seems if you are Tim, Flying Helmut
    There are other options available though if you are after Phalz d3 and Se5, there are metal kits from Red Eagle and 3d printed models from Shapeways, depends if you like modelling / painting. There are ways and means around the base and manouvre deck issues

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Welcome to the Aerodrome Max from a freezing Derbyshire. Great to have you on board.

Wings of Glory due to it's qualities is easy to become hooked on - that and the side of the game too. Even better is that having said that first point though the game itself is far from easy but the learning aspect is what you make of it. Never be afraid of playing Solitaire or Solo - this offers fantastic learning opportunities ready for when you next face an opponent ... Which could be soon as our West of England contingent is strong. Sound and friendly Aerodrome Members who are all now aware of you joining us

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Max, from here near Norwich. Valom also produce 1/144 scale plastic kits of the Pfalz D.III and S.E.5a.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Welcome to the Aerodrome, Max, from here near Norwich. Valom also produce 1/144 scale plastic kits of the Pfalz D.III and S.E.5a.
    But you'll go mad trying to put them together

The Valom Pfalz DIII is not available yet - it's still listed in the "upcoming" section.

I was already mad before I started putting Valom 1/144 biplanes together, so that helped a lot!
    Only built 4 Fokker DVIIs so far, but have plenty more kits to get on with if I ever get any more free time.

LOOP

Welcome Max
    Not much to ad about the oldies. EBay and some hard diging on websites might do the trick. I found Voss's DIII on a website here in Sweden last summer

Hi Wingman.
    I can now welcome you officially on behalf of the Squadrons based here in the U.K. Max.
    I'm sure that Chris will take you under his wing. he is one of my best Squadron Leaders.
    See you in the mess for a noggin or three.
    Watch your six, and mind the Aspidistra.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hi all

Thanks very much for the warm welcome and advice.. much appreciated

Max

Welcome to the 'drome Max, from a cold but sunny East Sussex - you might look out for the Rookie Pack if you can find one - it's pricey but gives you all the rules and four decent aircraft which is pretty good value.

"He is wise who watches"

Welcome to the ' Drome, Max, from across The Pond in CT! You're in good hands... your neighbours are right stand-up gentlemen.

Hi Max, welcome from Essex
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Bienvenue Max . Enjoy the Drome but don't go mad in the Mess.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Welcome from a cold but dry North of England. Hope to see you at a show. Look up Chris (Boney10) he'll keep you right.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Thumbs up

G'day Max & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the Pilots who fly in NSW down in one of your old Colonies, Australia.

If you do model painting then I can recommend buying the Shapeways 3D models of the SE 5a & Pfalz. There is a Shapeways sub forum in the Hobby section of the Forum. Good Luck & see you in the Officers Club for a few cold ones!

Welcome aboard from a now snowy Yorkshire...

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

welcome to the drome max!!!!! ive gotten quite a few from ebay by being vigilant plus a good many from the generous folks here on the drome

Quote Originally Posted by Foz View Post
    But you'll go mad trying to put them together
    Wimps. If you want a real challenge, you could try one of these:

Name:  se5a-02-1.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  185.2 KB

Oh, and welcome to the Forum, Max.

PS: This might help, if you are crazier than most?

Name:  se5a-02-Assembly.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  137.5 KB
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 01-16-2016 at 14:32.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Similar Missions

1. Reporting for duty
    By Bishbosh in forum New Zealand Wing
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 15:06