Ares Games

Thread: F-Toys Albatros

Default F-Toys Albatros

I have seen photos of F-Toys here at the Aerodrome and they look pretty good. I found an inexpensive British SPAD VII, ordered it, and should get it in the mail any day now. Now I've found some of F-Toy's Richthofen's Albatros DIIIs, red with camouflaged wings, and wonder if anyone has one and how it looks next to a WoW DIII. I know they are the both supposed to be 1/144th scale, but are they actually the same size? Also are the details similar, such as the motor? I know the pilot figures are way different.

Bobby, I have gone back and forth on buying some of these F-Toys planes and have not done it yet. I'm intrested to see what others say about them and what you think of your new SPAD VII.

They are the same size. The wings and struts of the F-Toys D-III are thinner. The fuselage of the WoW is thicker as well, same length and wing span though. I don't like the fuselage and spinner of the F-Toys D-III. The fuselage on top is flat and has a big joint line. The spinner is in two pieces and does not look as good as the WoW D-III. I fixed both problems. I taped the sides of the fuselage and puttyed the top of the fuselage, sanded and painted. The spinner was glued together and painted. I thought it was a noticeable improvement. I would not use a WoW D-III and a F-Toys at the same time. But like having both and use them at different(seperate) times. The F-Toys D-III goes well with other WoW miniatures. Geeez I'm long winded, sorry.

Thanks Greg. Your answer covered exactly all the things I wanted to know.

I have them as well. Unlike Greg, I'm not bothered by the two things he has pointed out. As gaming pieces, they work great even with other D.III's on the table. I find them an inexpensive, pre-painted option and would buy more if they made some with different paint schemes.

Sometime in the near future, I'll be running a contest where you can win the Red Baron F-Toys D.III Might be a way for you to get your hands on one and see if you like it for free!

Try buying them in the UK...I can't find a UK seller anywhere online...The AlbIII is hard to find so an F Toy one seems to be the way to go, if I can find one over here.

Similar Missions

1. Jasta "Boelcke" Albatros D3 repaints
    By IRM in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-28-2010, 13:51
  2. Veltjens Albatros D V
    By Burt in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-16-2010, 08:58
  3. F Toys and other non-Wings of War planes
    By kaufschtick in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 18:32
  4. Richthofens Albatros - Jasta 11 (autumn 1917)
    By The Blue Baron in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 00:49