Ares Games

Thread: Wiliamsburg Muster 2016 Febuary Febuary 4-7th

Lightbulb Wiliamsburg Muster 2016 Febuary Febuary 4-7th

With a theme of War at Sea the muster is always a fun convention.

Rich

http://www.hamptonroadsgamers.org/index.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P8220071.jpg   P8210035.jpg   P8210011.jpg  

Chris

Hopefully yes. We had a great August con. My two games will feature the War a Sea theme. More like air war over the North Sea!

Rich

Made my hotel reservations and signed up today. Not long until then. I also am set for the WWII show in May. See you at both.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Perhaps once I retire...sadly, February during the school year is just a no-go...

Keep us posted - I'm sure you'll have a blast!

All the best,
    Matt

What game are you running and should I bring Swordfish?

Bob

Of course bring your Swordfish! Your Condor and a Sunderland if you have one! I will plan four different scenarios. Sink the Bismark will be one a ASW sweep using Sunderland's and PBY`s. An Allied convoy being attacked by air units. Plus an Allied anti shipping raid.

Rich

Bob
    Looking forward to it as always. The first program draft is out.

Rich

http://hamptonroadsgamers.org/files/Muster16_PEL.pdf

Have a good time! Post lots of pictures.

At the muster today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	171.3 KB 
ID:	186855

Size:	147.0 KB 
ID:	186856

Size:	187.1 KB 
ID:	186857

What a teaser!
    German Kriegsmarine under attack? Channel Dash, perhaps?

Tim

Yes it was a channel dash! It was a half dash! I forgot my camera and Mark took some great shots. I should be getting some more photos from last nighs and todays game. Just back from a Sails of Glory introduction game.

Rich

Mark

Great shots! We had a great time!

Rich

The shots of the Dash look good Rich.
    I loved the close up of the Swordfish with Torp on board. I hope he used it to effect.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Smile

Rob

That they do! Yes they did the Beaufort's were all shot down while the Swordfish survived. In the Friday night games i had a great shot at the Bismark with my Swordfish. Minimal damage by the torpedo but my strafing started a fire. Then the AA arrived. I have never pulled two engine damage chips in an attack, much less two 6 pointers. That splashed my Swordfish!!!

Rich

Bismark is a tough nut to crack Rich. I lost five out of my six Swordfish when we played it.
    Rob.

Great photos Mark. I posted an AAR for the U Boat/Bismark and Channel Dash. Good game and met new people and saw old friends.

All:

I appreciate the feedback on the photos and am happy to be part of this community. My apologies for not posting a follow-up. I'd only logged into the site one time before and was trying to figure out posting photos via my phone. The Muster was my first convention and Rich & Bob and everyone else were incredibly friendly and welcoming. It was a great game and I'm happy to have made some new friends.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Hello Mark. Though photos are great AAR-enhancers the most important thing which counts is the game along with your enjoyment of it. This happened to me once and I managed to transfer the phone photos onto my PC and from then on into one of my photo albums on here. All came out fine.

You had an interesting mix of Bristol Beaufighters and Fairey Swordfish aircraft on February 6th 2016: Being a WGS man this I found highly interesting as Beaufighters are very popular in this neck of the woods. Both Ares Games and 1/72 diecast renditions of this aircraft by Hobby Master. Never tried playing anything against ships yet in any of my games - dams yes and factories turning out numerous ghastly and useless commodities but ships no.

The Aerodrome is a friendly positive community and IMHO an integral part of getting the most out of the game. Fantastic place to learn above all without fear of encountering what goes on elsewhere - even though PC gaming sites are far worse for this than wargaming sites in my experience. You are very much a part of this community - make yourself at home and if that is the Bismark you were after yes please to some more details / an AAR

Mark always good to make a new friend. Hope to see you at the air show in May and again in August for the next convention.

Rob

Yes it was, in Bob`s last photo you will see the Chanel Dash we Saturday morning. That made getting the Bismark seem like a walk in the park!

Rich

Mark

I am glad your first convention was enjoyable! Both Williamsburg conventions have a wide variety of gaming.

Rich

Thumbs up

Barney

You think you are looking at Beaufighters they were impersonating Beauforts! A Beaufighter would have kept the AA crews entertained! We did the Bismark Sea two years ago the Beaufighters lived up to their reputation!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Rob

Yes it was, in Bob`s last photo you will see the Chanel Dash we Saturday morning. That made getting the Bismark seem like a walk in the park!

Rich
    Glad It was not just me when we did the Dash. Although we got Prinz Eugen in the end, both Scharnhorst and Gneisenau got clear away, and no Swordfish survived.
    Come back Taranto all is forgiven.
    Rob.

Cheers Rich.
    Rob.

Similar Missions

1. Whats on your workbench for Febuary 2015!
    By richard m schwab in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 167
    Last Post: 02-28-2015, 15:19
  2. On the road to Wiliamsburg!
    By richard m schwab in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 14:29
  3. Febuary Guest Speaker at Military Museum
    By richard m schwab in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-20-2012, 18:54
  4. My projects to finish before Febuary 3rd!
    By richard m schwab in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-31-2011, 12:36
  5. National: Williamsburg Muster Febuary 2-4 2012
    By richard m schwab in forum US Wing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 11:03